Thread: Is Graal Era breaking apple guidelines?

Question Is Graal Era breaking apple guidelines?

https://developer.apple.com/app-stor...ew/guidelines/

In the link provided if you scroll down to point 3.1 about payments it states the following: Apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase.

The first thing that comes to my mind is presents and I am almost certain that this falls under that exact category.

Quote Originally Posted by DistantCx View Post
    https://developer.apple.com/app-stor...ew/guidelines/

In the link provided if you scroll down to point 3.1 about payments it states the following: Apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase.

The first thing that comes to my mind is presents and I am almost certain that this falls under that exact category.
    Are you sure is doesn't mean ituning directly? Because there are other ways to get presents other than ituning. I think it means like a, for example, $5.99 will get you a chance of winning vip for a year.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Lol you get this boxes as a gift, you dont buy it. So its kinda not “randomized virtual items for purchase”

IGN: SashaGryg/Skype: sashagrygprovych
    Ask for help and you will receive

Quote Originally Posted by SashaGryg View Post
    Lol you get this boxes as a gift, you dont buy it. So its kinda not “randomized virtual items for purchase”
    But it still is a mechanism that provides randomized virtual items

Quote Originally Posted by SashaGryg View Post
    But then again, people iTune hundreds of dollars on gifts for their main accounts

Quote Originally Posted by GrahfixCloud View Post
    Are you sure is doesn't mean ituning directly? Because there are other ways to get presents other than ituning. I think it means like a, for example, $5.99 will get you a chance of winning vip for a year.

Fair point although I have seen other games with similar randomly generated mechanics such as summoners war getting targeted with this guideline change as well as also having free to play methods of getting such items. Even though there is free to play methods of getting gifts its still a mechanic that provides randomized virtual items. I haven't read to much further into the guidelines but the way summoners war went about addressing the apple guideline change was to provide details on drop rates. If era is breaking the guideline which I am not 100% sure they are they would probably need to provide drop rates next christmas.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by DistantCx View Post
    But it still is a mechanism that provides randomized virtual items
    The definition provided by apple doesn't match that of presents explicitly, so that's an incorrect interpretation.