Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Something I'd To Point Out About Gaming Consoles

Something I'd To Point Out About Gaming Consoles

Okay, so for those of us who own an Xbox 360 or Xbox One, you've most likely noticed that to play online, you need a Gold subscription to even begin to think about doing so. Which, from my point of view, is utterly stupid!

You bought a gaming console for, get this, the sole purpose of playing games, yet to play games on a damn piece of plastic that cost around $200, (not to mention that most games that launched last month were $60) you have to kiss Microsoft's foot and give them $10 a month.

Ladies and gentlemen, if one buys a gaming console, then all services needed to run video games on said console (on the company's part) need to be provided free of charge for an obvious reason. Meaning that the "maintenance fee" excuse cannot be applied here.

*To clear up any confusion, I'm NOT asking for the termination of Gold, I'm just asking that basic features be provided to all Xbox owners.
    *I also understand that Sony does something similar and Nintendo is trying to do something similar, but I do not own a PlayStation 4 or a Nintendo Switch so I cannot accurately speak about what's going on over there without researching into the topic, which is something that'll take time and I wish to put out this thread as soon as possible.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

yes Sony is doing the exact same thing, I hate that as well, I buy battlefield 1 for the multiplayer and to be able to play that I need a subscription on top of the original price, which I do find absurd but necessary from the part of the companies since they don't have a way to finance the servers and online features.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    yes Sony is doing the exact same thing, I hate that as well, I buy battlefield 1 for the multiplayer and to be able to play that I need a subscription on top of the original price, which I do find absurd but necessary from the part of the companies since they don't have a way to finance the servers and online features.
    They have a way to finance the servers, but they choose to make us pay for a service that they should've provided from the start.

Yeah that’s pretty much the reason why I haven’t upgraded to Xbox One, like it’s such a waste for me because I would only have a chance to play on weekends because I’m busy with school, the only time I could play for a month non stop would only be on the summer holidays and there’s no real point for me buying Xbox live if I’ve got a two week break from school.

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    Yeah that’s pretty much the reason why I haven’t upgraded to Xbox One, like it’s such a waste for me because I would only have a chance to play on weekends because I’m busy with school, the only time I could play for a month non stop would only be on the summer holidays and there’s no real point for me buying Xbox live if I’ve got a two week break from school.
    ^^
    This happens to me a lot, especially during finals.

This is why I like playing games on PC too. I've had my PC for about 11 months and a half now. Saved myself an extra monthly charge. However, if I had to choose between PC and console I would choose console because that's what all my friends play on. None of them have PC. Even if it takes an extra fee, it's worth it if I can still play with my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Lapiz View Post
    This is why I like playing games on PC too. I've had my PC for about 11 months and a half now. Saved myself an extra monthly charge. However, if I had to choose between PC and console I would choose console because that's what all my friends play on. None of them have PC. Even if it takes an extra fee, it's worth it if I can still play with my friends
    OR Microsoft stops charging for a service that should come with the console.

This could also be the reason why Xbox 360 had lost to PS3 because you had to make additional purchases for ur Xbox 360 than PS3, but if I remember correctly, PS3 did cost more than a Xbox 360 in the early years of its release.

It’s the only disadvantage I can think of when it came to Xbox 360.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    This could also be the reason why Xbox 360 had lost to PS3 because you had to make additional purchases for ur Xbox 360 than PS3, but if I remember correctly, PS3 did cost more than a Xbox 360 in the early years of its release.

It’s the only disadvantage I can think of when it came to Xbox 360.
    And Microsoft's loosing with the Xbox One as well. Again, why are they charging for a service that should be there?

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    And Microsoft's loosing with the Xbox One as well. Again, why are they charging for a service that should be there?
    But idk, maybe they just wanted money to improve on the servers.
    Even with having a free playstation network for PS3 they had still lost against with Xbox 360 with sales, that’s really confusing, a console that provides online for free lost to a console that made you get additional purchases just to play online, maybe Xbox 360 had better exclusive games such as Halo and Gears of War that pulled customers in. Nowdays when you buy a console you have to get additional purchases in order to play online, consoles such as Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and Wii U. I feel like it’s going to continue in the coming years.