Thread: A fun adventure about dungeon exploring. (Part 2)

Question A fun adventure about dungeon exploring. (Part 2)

The story continue...

At the end of part 1 story, the party of six encountered a choice of two path; to the left a hallway that continue their adventure, to the right an eerie dark hallway the last skeleton retreated into.
    Which path will they choose?

Just as the party brain, Karike the woodling is about to state her opinion,the cat woman Mai-Ki rudely interrupted her.

Karike: Guys, i think there is something wrong with the last skeleton, it's behavior is the utmost strange,i think we should pur-
    Mai-Ki: Such rubbish, what can a mere skeleton do? Run us to death? I will not waste my time and energy on a lowly skeleton minion, dont waste mine
    time you piece of oak. (Woodling are often refer as oak as a kind of insult)
    Karike: How dare you!?

Edward the party leader jump into the conversation to stop the argument as Ken the Berserker looks away in disgust and mumble.

Edward: Ladies,ladies, calm down, these sort of argument will get us nowhere. I think we should first listen to what insight Karike is about to offer us, it might help us foresee any traps or unusual event.
    Ken: I told you we should have not bring these inferior being.
    Edward: What is that Ken?
    Ken: Hmph, just talking to myself.
    Mai-Ki: Suit yourself, dont blame me when the skeleton lured us to a trap.
    Karike: Forget about it , i dont wanna talk about it anymore, this conversation is going nowhere.

Edward let out a big sigh and tell the party to continue moving toward the original hallway. As they continue forward the party reached what seems to be the end of the hallway with 2 set of door. At the end of the hallway is a double door decorated with gold and skull ornament, while on the right side of the party is a small wooden door with no decoration but a rusted lock. Guarding the hallway are weak undead known as zombie, zombie while slow and clumsy they are much more tougher then skeleton. As the hallway is lit with torch, "detect life" is not needed to estimate the number of zombie, Mai-Ki estimated there are atleast 23 zombie all guarding the door with ornament.

Karike: Hmm, it might be tough to deal with the zombie head on without a plan.
    Ken: Ha! These are just mere zombie, i can go in solo and chop them to pieces no problem!
    Ling: Zombie...flesh...burn them all...hehehe.
    Owen: I think i should cast my spell here.
    Edward: What do you think, Karike?
    Karike: Rushing in is foolish ,if they surround and swarm you there's no chance to escape. Burning them is no good in a one way hallway like this, zombie when burned with fire they will die pretty quick ,but when the zombie is burned they goes into enraged mode and start running toward any closest life form madly swing their arm around, which are pretty dangerous if we cant outrun them. I think the best approach here is for Owen to cast "Turn Undead" and then we pick off any remaining zombie that survived.

After much consideration, Edward decided to goes with what Karike suggest. As Owen stand infront of the party,Ken and Edward is right beside the rear of Owen ready to pick off any remaining zombie, while Mai-Ki watches their back with her precision aiming.

The moment Owen casted "Turn Undead", 15 of the nearest zombie fall and turn into dust while the rest of the 8 are injured by residue magic, the injured zombie instantly move toward the party and ready to engaged in combat. Ken and Edward swap in and take down 5 of the engaging zombie, Mai-Ki shot down a zombie that tried to jump on Owen and Karike casted "Entangling Root" on the remainin 2 zombie, strangling them and finally squashed them to death. The party cheer in victory as they loot around the dust for dropped gold coin and item.

After the short sweet victory, the party have to decide on which door to enter, the door with ornament? or the wooden door with a lock?

Edward: Well, what do you guys think?
    Ken: Hahaha! What else? The shiny bright door obviously scream :"Come in! We have Loot here! Definitely not a trap!" while the locked wooded door has an imaginary sign saying:" Piss off".
    Mai-Ki: Wow, and here i though that Ken here is all muscle and no brain.
    Ken: You wanna fight me you p**sy?!
    Karike: Jeez guys, chill.
    Edward: Hahahaha, well i think Ken has some logic in his point of view as well, what about you Karike?
    Karike: Locked door of course, but the problem is... we have no thief class that specialize in lock picking.
    Ling: Door...locked...wood...hehe.

The whole party stared at Ling and paused for a sec.

Edward: Oh ye,we have a pyro alchemist here.
    Ken: Well what you waiting for Miss Burning?
    Ling: Tssk tssk...stand back...Concusive flame...minor explosion.

As everyone stand back from the wooden door, Ling trew what seems to be a bottle of round bright red potion to the door, just as the bottle smash into the impact, a small explosion burst out and a trail of flame burst around the oxygen around the door. As the door burn down, the party have a peek into the room, inside a room seems to be a small space with 3 chest right at the end of the opposite wall. The party decided to walk into the room and loot the chest. On the first two chest they found about 700 gold coin, 3 regen potion, and a medium level scroll of water blade. But when they opened the third chest, what they found is a paper with a writing "贪". As the party look at the word for a moment, Karike realized the meaning of the word from an ancient book. She read it out loud.

Karike: This is...if i remember correctly, it's read as "Greed"
    Edward: That dont sound good...
    Ken: It's just a paper.
    Ling:Burn it.

Before the party realized. the moment Karike read out the word "Greed" , the floor beneath them is surrounded by enchanment spell,channeled by the trigger of the word. In an instant, a bright light flash across the room, blinding the whole party for a moment. As the blinding subside, the party are shocked, they are standing in the middle of a floating platform made of white marble with crimson red lining, assumedly teleported by the spell.

What await the party of six?
    To be continued...
    Last edited by DerpyLune; 12-22-2018 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Some minor mistake

I approve of Ling's idea.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".