Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A complete guide of Era (discussion)

Post A complete guide of Era (discussion)

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of creating a huge collab guide about the game. I mean, there are some tutorials on the forums, but it would be great to have a big, complete FAQ about everything in the game, that everyone could easily consult to get the answer to his question. Not only for beginners, but also for more advanced players. Just to know your opinion (no bullying plz cmon)

I don't see why not. This is a good idea, but the only problem is that there are a wide variety of topics to cover. Not only that, but there are bound to be questions that will go unanswered. Overall, I think we could do it, it would just take some time and commitment from other players as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlade94 View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm thinking of creating a huge collab guide about the game. I mean, there are some tutorials on the forums, but it would be great to have a big, complete FAQ about everything in the game, that everyone could easily consult to get the answer to his question. Not only for beginners, but also for more advanced players. Just to know your opinion (no bullying plz cmon)
    Sounds like a great idea; I'm for this collaboration.
    I fear not the man that practiced 10,000 lines of code once. But I fear the man who practiced one line of code 10,000 times.
    Jordan Canavi#5297

Leveler
    This sounds like a FANTASTIC idea in my opinion
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

nice! thanks guys! I guess we should start by brainstorming questions in this post

As for the structure of the guide I thought about something like this:

Main section (eg. Beginner's guide)
    Sub-section (eg. The basics)
    Introduction to sub-section
    Question #1 (eg. How to find X gun)
    Question #2

Pls send any suggestion! btw ik im quite new to the forums so sorry if that seems to be a random idea but I think this guide would be a great idea because:

- I am triggered each time I see a noob picking flowers, having the default skin or asking how to get money, etc...
    - Im sure many people would like to have a main reference when it comes to the game (not only noobs)
    - Im bored and wanna find something to do :P

That is also why i believe that this guide should also include questions about items, like where to find X or Y, because the Era-go item list is trash imo ("choose a letter", really??).

thanks again!

nice! thanks guys! I guess we should start by brainstorming questions in this post

Question #2

Pls send any suggestion! btw ik im quite new to the forums so sorry if that seems to be a random idea but I think this guide would be a great idea because:

- I am triggered each time I see a noob picking flowers, having the default skin or asking how to get money, etc...
    - Im sure many people would like to have a main reference when it comes to the game (not only noobs)

That is also why i believe that this guide should also include questions about items, like where to find X or Y, because the Era-go item list is trash imo ("choose a letter", really??).

thanks again!
    Very professional and well-formatted. I am on board with this layout.
    I fear not the man that practiced 10,000 lines of code once. But I fear the man who practiced one line of code 10,000 times.
    Jordan Canavi#5297

Question #2

thanks again!
    Maybe we could also provide pictures for certain things as well? Sometimes people are more visual when it comes to showing them stuff, too.

yeah, good idea, we just have to take some screenshots

it looks like the forum doesn't allow drafts, what about using Google Docs?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

EDIT: I captured those images:
    Sélection_001.png
    Last edited by SteelBlade94; 01-07-2019 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Added image

Google Docs should work perfectly.
    Jordan Canavi#5297

I have created a Google Docs here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

You should be able to access it. Feel free to edit it or suggest modifications! (my English is far from being perfect)
    It is pretty incomplete for now, but here is what I thought as main guidelines:

- Introduction
    - Beginner's guide (for very beginners)
    - Global FAQ (misc questions about any aspect of the game, divided in categories)
    - References (chat commands, locations, and eventually weapons guides)
    - Credits and conclusion

I started the Beginner's guide, and included several pics. I'll probably add more during weekend.