Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    You can do something about the PKing if one players continuously follows and kills a specific player as you can label the case under "Harassment", and take action from there.
    Would be for the sake of peace of mind rather than anything pragmatic

"please be aware that GraalOnline Era Staff will not take action for the following reports: [...] A player who is killing you or killed you (it's part of the game)." https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...and-Guidelines

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Leveler
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    Would be for the sake of peace of mind rather than anything pragmatic

"please be aware that GraalOnline Era Staff will not take action for the following reports: [...] A player who is killing you or killed you (it's part of the game)." https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...and-Guidelines
    I mean, again you can only get so many pks off one person. People know this but still do not leave the player be whatsoever because they are so upset over something but I believe a real line should be drawn between pking and harrassment. Because right now, doing it long enough I believe makes it into harassment.
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post
    I mean, again you can only get so many pks off one person. People know this but still do not leave the player be whatsoever because they are so upset over something but I believe a real line should be drawn between pking and harrassment. Because right now, doing it long enough I believe makes it into harassment.
    How do you plan to determine the specific amount of kills required for pking to become harassment?

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Leveler
    How do you plan to determine the specific amount of kills required for pking to become harassment?
    I mean as soon as the kills stop counting and they are still chasing the individual

iZone Levels Admin

I mean kind of sounds like a waste of time on his end that he is always online waiting for you to enter pk zones just to harass you. I'm sure he will get bored of it after awhile, and leave people alone cause goddamn that sounds boring.

Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post
    I mean as soon as the kills stop counting and they are still chasing the individual
    That sounds broken, lets say I wanted to get streaker jailed, so by your system, If I purposely run into their crossfire multiple times, I could report them for harassment and subsequently have the chance from them to be jailed.

Also what about pk 1v1 situations, whereby it wouldn't be odd for one party to have their killed count over the limit.

In addition, you forgot the fact that pking is an integral part of Graal. Holding the threat of jail over someone who simply killed another person one or two times more than the registable kill amount, could set a regrettable paradigm shift.

Spoiler

Leveler
    That sounds broken, lets say I wanted to get streaker jailed, so by your system, If I purposely run into their crossfire multiple times, I could report them for harassment and subsequently have the chance from them to be jailed.

Also what about pk 1v1 situations, whereby it wouldn't be odd for one party to have their killed count over the limit.

In addition, you forgot the fact that pking is an integral part of Graal. Holding the threat of jail over someone who simply killed another person one or two times more than the registable kill amount, could set a regrettable paradigm shift.
    Nono, a staff would be able to tell wether you're running at someone or not.

iZone Levels Admin

By this post, I've been given the impression that you can't tell the difference between a PKer shooting aimlessly versus a PKer running across the map to kill a lad just because. Is that so?

The lass got you good there, Kazz.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    By this post, I've been given the impression that you can't tell the difference between a PKer shooting aimlessly versus a PKer running across the map to kill a lad just because. Is that so?
    I am only trying to work out if there is an objective or almost foolproof way to determine whether a person is harassing via relentless killing. For example if someone says the N-word in some sort of genuine capacity it could immediately be classed as verbal harassment, however, when it comes to harassment killing there are a myriad of variables.

Would the pker need to track the target for x distance, for x time, would the target need to die x times, how would admins quantify the total amount of distance/ time / kills the pker has been at the target, what if the pker is still at it because they don't realise their kill counter would no longer rise. Since this sort of killing is being classified as harassment how would you gauge and determine the allowable threshold for aggression and intimidation.

There are other factors such as: Would it even be pragmatic for admins to monitor the supposed victim for a potentially sizeable amount of time to determine if harassment as taken place, how do you safeguard such system from being exploited, could an admin's subjectivity be an unwanted variable

In addition, you need to be able to differentiate harassment between a streaker who indiscriminately locks onto a target because they traverse in a predictable manner or does not equip a gas mask as well as between turf wars.

Spoiler

I am only trying to work out if there is an objective or almost foolproof way to determine whether a person is harassing via relentless killing. For example if someone says the N-word in some sort of genuine capacity it could immediately be classed as verbal harassment, however, when it comes to harassment killing there are a myriad of variables.

Would the pker need to track the target for x distance, for x time, would the target need to die x times, how would admins quantify the total amount of distance/ time / kills the pker has been at the target, what if the pker is still at it because they don't realise their kill counter would no longer rise. Since this sort of killing is being classified as harassment how would you gauge and determine the allowable threshold for aggression and intimidation.

There are other factors such as: Would it even be pragmatic for admins to monitor the supposed victim for a potentially sizeable amount of time to determine if harassment as taken place, how do you safeguard such system from being exploited, could an admin's subjectivity be an unwanted variable
    Since looking at statics may lead to misinterpretation of what actually took place (for example, it's hard to determine a one-sided battle vs a slaughter by purely looking at the numbers), a PR could simply watch over the situation once a player is reported for harassment due to PK-related issues.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".