Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why close threads without giving a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    You post with the intention of being proven wrong?
    No rational being intentionally holds false convictions. So for when my belief system is challenged by others, the falsehoods which I held dear, may be eliminated by different point of views. This allows me to be one step closer to a hardened and unshakable edifice, which I so desire.

I hope that makes sense

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    No rational being intentionally holds false convictions. So for when my belief system is challenged by others, the falsehoods which I held dear, may be eliminated by different point of views. This allows me to be one step closer to a hardened and unshakable edifice, which I so desire.

I hope that makes sense
    Makes sense, but actively hoping for it is kinda odd.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    Okay, I know it's late, but here's how I view the situations.

For the auction thread, there is a lot of miscommunication on both sides. The original post was angry and was essentially making a hate thread while not being open to any other side of the story. I do believe that staff members should have interjected and tried to explain more - how not every staff member is able to host auctions, how things came up and only one person who could host was able to be on, how not every room has to be open. I see how the responses could be considered rude or unprofessional, but I also see that it is extremely aggravating when someone essentially makes a thread to bash an entire group of people based on incomplete knowledge, with no reception to input and also attacking anyone trying to give input.
    I like that you are being perceptive on both sides but, there is a reason why there is dedicated staff for a game. Especially moderators, they have to have the maturity not to inject themselves into the argument based on their own feelings and beliefs that are condescending to another persons opinion. The right thing to do was clear out the misconceptions while avoiding negative tones as if starting an argument. That is what I believe I saw far too many times within the past few threads that were closed abruptly. Yes, there will be a fix to that such as the past moderators have done. I understand that they are gaining experience. The GFX and LAT staff should have a pass. They weren’t hired based on their ability to interact with others but they still try to contribute here on the forums anyways. That is fine, but they too should know not to feel as if they have the ultimate say. That worries me.

All I ask is that there is some sort of gradual improvement at any given point in time.