Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why close threads without giving a reason?

Why close threads without giving a reason?

I don't understand the decision to close certain forum threads without providing a transparent reason for doing so. It seems pretty coy and scrupulous. (Specifically referring to the 'Confused at CNY store Chinese Falchion' and 'Worst auction hosted 2019' thread).

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Pretty sure the "Worst auction hosted 2019" thread was closed because the OP pretty much assumed what he said and Rima replied and informed the OP about how auctions works and then further posts were made not related to the topic.
    Also in the "Confused at CNY store Chinese Falchion" the topic did go off topic a bit and pretty much looks like it went silent after the same argument was said a few times and closed after being replied to by a forum mod.

Leveler
    I don't know much about the CNY melee thread thing, but for the worst auction 2019 thread there was definitely a reason. The creator did not know how auctions nor exotic items worked and he was degrading the fact that only one room hosted. Just an overall pretty rude response he gave when I gave a response explaining everything he had said.
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    I don't understand the decision to close certain forum threads without providing a transparent reason for doing so. It seems pretty coy and scrupulous. (Specifically referring to the 'Confused at CNY store Chinese Falchion' and 'Worst auction hosted 2019' thread).
    Threads are usually closed when a topic has been fully discussed and/or shouldn't be discussed on the Forums.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

also why bring it up .-. if it was closed

Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    The one about auctions was someone debating on misinformation, and the Falchion one was turning into an argument rather than a respectful debate and was also going off-topic. (Did not close them by the way).

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    The one about auctions was someone debating on misinformation, and the Falchion one was turning into an argument rather than a respectful debate and was also going off-topic. (Did not close them by the way).
    What's the difference between 'argument' and 'respectful debate'?

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

You waste your time debating something that you will not be able to change

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    yup this is the answer both threads were either getting off-topic or it was just starting to bring up arguements from left and right
    Discord Me:
    jaala#0029

Quote Originally Posted by Minho View Post
    yup this is the answer both threads were either getting off-topic or it was just starting to bring up arguements from left and right
    The sentiment still remains, why not leave a transparent reason for closing the thread, when you had the chance? (could you elaborate what you mean by, "getting off-topic" and "just starting to bring up arguements from left and right," referring to those threads, I'm having difficulty understanding)
    Last edited by BlackandWhite; 02-14-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Spoiler