Thread: I’m dying but doctors won’t believe me

Big Cheese Sottocapo

I’m dying but doctors won’t believe me

I STRONGLY SUSPECT I HAVE CYSTIC FIBROSIS BUT ADMITTEDLY, COULD BE WRONG.

I’m likely dying of cystic fibrosis (late onset) and doctors won’t listen to me. I have all the symptoms. My lungs only hold 50% of what they used to. The doctors say I just have anxiety issues, but no. Even my father commented on my laboured breathing today and he rarely comments on stuff like that. I used to be able to walk all around town fine, now I can hardly walk a block. And no, I haven’t gained weight, I’ve actually been losing lots of weight due to my disease’s progression.

I can barely eat
    I can barely drink
    I can barely sleep
    I can barely breathe+ so many more things.

This has been going on for not days, not weeks, but MONTHS.

I’m dying but no doctor will test/treat me. I’m 19. I’m sad and scared and idk what to do. I’m dying of an awful disease and the doctors in my town are against LGBT people (small, religious town) and refuse to treat me like a human being. I cannot drive to another town or anything. I have no family doctor but have been on the wait list for years.

I’m having a hard time accepting the fact that I’m likely dying. But I will post proof if/when I’m finally diagnosed. I have no where else to vent about me dying. My family doesn’t want to hear it.

I’m sorry but I’m so scared and I don’t know what to do. Please somebody help me.

What to do if:

You’re in the Hospital

Ask your doctor if she/he understands how severe your symptoms are and how concerned you are that there’s something very serious going on in your body.
    Ask if there are diagnostic tests that can be conducted?
    Ask for a second opinion
    Ask for a patient advocate ask a family member to be your advocate and ask for the hospital’s patient advocate; do patient advocate research online
    Don’t give up-remain steadfast and insist that you be heard—tell your nurse, and family members
    Contact the medical director and hospital administrator
    Contact your insurance company
    Consider requesting a transfer to another hospital
    Don’t take no for an answer Be as proactive as you can-it’s your life, and your persistence may save it.
    At Your Doctor’s office:

Ask for If the doctor refuses (get a new physician immediately)
    Ask your doctor if she/he understands how severe your symptoms are and how concerned you are that there’s something very serious going on in your body.
    Ask for a second opinion
    Ask for a patient advocate ask a family member to be your advocate and ask for the hospital’s patient advocate; do patient advocate research online
    Don’t give up-remain steadfast and insist that you be heard—tell your nurse, and family members
    Don’t take no for an answer Be as proactive as you can-it’s your life, and your persistence may save it.
    http://drelaine.com/what-would-you-d...doesnt-listen/

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Leveler
    If you think it has something to do with you being in the LGBT Community (how would they know?)but if they ask anything about (if you think that they don't believe or don't trust you because you're apart of that community) I suggest saying that you were going through a phase (I know it is not one and I'm sorry if that comes across any-bit rude) but say you are not in that community now (I don't usually reccomend lying but I feel like when a life may be in the balance, I feel like it's okay to use the "tactic").
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

Veteran
    hope everything goes well for you and it’s nothing major - also try refraining from self diagnosing cause most of the time you could be wrong and all it does is just get you extremely anxious. Also try find a new doctor if your current one isn’t much help.

Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post
    If you think it has something to do with you being in the LGBT Community (how would they know?)but if they ask anything about (if you think that they don't believe or don't trust you because you're apart of that community) I suggest saying that you were going through a phase (I know it is not one and I'm sorry if that comes across any-bit rude) but say you are not in that community now (I don't usually reccomend lying but I feel like when a life may be in the balance, I feel like it's okay to use the "tactic").

I think he's an effeminate man, that's why they know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    What to do if:

You’re in the Hospital

Ask for a second opinion
    At Your Doctor’s office:

Ask for If the doctor refuses (get a new physician immediately)
    Ask for a second opinion
    http://drelaine.com/what-would-you-d...doesnt-listen/
    x2 ^^^^

I wouldn't use mayo clinic to self diagnose, I use to do that a lot in the past and freak out only for it to be something really minor, a lot of illnesses have similar sympoms, but if you're still not sure after the appointment I would go to another doctor and get a second opinion.

If you strongly believe it's true, you have to act, not just wait for some doctor to approve you POV. To start with, start a treatment, the one that you can provide to yourself and that doesn't have too much side effects. Like www.antiaging-health.com.au/bec5_curaderm. Ad there is no way your analysis are clean with that kind of illness. Ask for second, third of fourth opinion - you are the only person that cares what is gonna happen to you.So act, don't waste your time on forums.

Die quietly?

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Pringlez View Post
    Die quietly?
    I might if I weren’t a caregiver for my disabled sister.

May I ask why you suggest death rather than treatment? I’ve been trying homeopathic remedies but they’re not working.