Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about Community Moderators

Question about Community Moderators

Hello everyone! I’d like to find out where I can locate information to find a community (or forum) moderator position. I can’t seem to find one after the 3 hours I spent searching the night before. Whether it’s paying or not, I’d like the experience of interacting with people while being at home since I do not have transportation to not work remotely at this time.

If there is another suggest on what jobs are similar to moderating, let me know!

Thanks.
    (Note: Please do not recommend Era-Go as they do not seek my assistance at this time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden-Jair View Post
    Hello everyone! I’d like to find out where I can locate information to find a community (or forum) moderator position. I can’t seem to find one after the 3 hours I spent searching the night before. Whether it’s paying or not, I’d like the experience of interacting with people while being at home since I do not have transportation to not work remotely at this time.

If there is another suggest on what jobs are similar to moderating, let me know!

Thanks.
    (Note: Please do not recommend Era-Go as they do not seek my assistance at this time.)
    Websites usually don't hire out of the blue. Just join a couple communities and just wait for an opportunity.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Leveler
    ^^ this. Usually they seek people with experience and dedication, also people who've been around for a bit. This wasn't the case when they hired the new mods for era go (Not saying the mods are bad, infact I like them) but for other places they usually do like seeing the presence.
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

Can you clarify what communities are out there that have the potential for what you speak of as an “opportunity”?
    I don’t know the basics of where hirings occur.
    How can I gain experience if I have no premise to how to obtain it? I’d like to know the details.

Can you clarify what communities are out there that have the potential for what you speak of as an “opportunity”?
    I don’t know the basics of where hirings occur.
    How can I gain experience if I have no premise to how to obtain it? I’d like to know the details.
    Simple.

Just join different game forums. Play the game. Be active on the website. Keep your record clean. And just wait for hirings to open.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

I’d rather not play a game.
    As that has had an obvious effect on me when it comes to professionalism and subjectivity.

Well it seems asking on here was a bust. I’ll try deep searching instead.

Banned
    I’d rather not play a game.
    As that has had an obvious effect on me when it comes to professionalism and subjectivity.

Well it seems asking on here was a bust. I’ll try deep searching instead.
    If you think moderating is deemed easy, there's clearly something wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    If you think moderating is deemed easy, there's clearly something wrong here.
    Can you elaborate? I’m not sure where you reached the implication that moderating is deemed easy from my comment.
    I want to be able to have some sort of job related motivation to continuously read what people have to say in its entirety. Which also gives me the practice to make decisions to keep the peace while effectively conveying the same message.
    Playing an entire game is not along my line of what I want to do in order to get a position. I could just stick to being a user and contribute in my own way but the drive to make ever-lasting changes for the community or service I partake in drastically decreases.

Banned
    There are other forums that you may be able to get a moderating position in. Like you can try to become a moderator for a subreddit or something along those lines, lots of different things you can moderate without exactly playing a whole new game or something. Though it always helps to be involved in the main topic of whatever it is you're moderating, like you should be up to date with hot wheels if you moderate a hot wheel forum, or you should know about chemistry if you moderate a chemistry forum. Follow your passions, stay up to date on things, know rules, know how to communicate with others and work in a team. Get to know different communities around your own hobbies and interests, ask around the forums you want to help moderate (like message another moderator or webmaster or someone along those lines). They may post applications like we do, or you might just talk to someone about the job. Good luck, hope you find something you like!

If you really are interested though i suggest investing your time knowing the ol' west community. Since theyre pretty new and they have lots of potential as a game it wont be long until they probably get their own forums