Its kind of sad how this game —Which profits off of items that are not original to the game— wants to claim some sort of “copyright infringement” upon the Midnight Killers’ reward melee, claiming it is a copy of Renegade blade. I will not deny that both items are surely similar, and the SFX is exactly the same (because that is just how limited we are on royalty free sounds), but i cannot stand it having being removed from the game for mere “similarities” when one of Shrekt’s melees is a straight recolor of the 1.5k mpx wins dagger.

I made the Midnight Killers’ melee. If you look at these images you will see that no one pixel is the same from either one, nor is the shading the same, nor the coloring, nor the size, nor the sprites etc. Moreover, these are the sprites for the secondary mode of the item, which only shows up for a fraction of the time that the item is being held.

The only thing these two items have in common is that their blades are made of energy with the blades being held at opposite ends. When i made the blade i actually made it trying to make it similar to MK’s last year’s melee.

Since you want to talk about copying lets talk about Shrekt’s 2015 GST melee, which is straight up a purple recolor of the 1.5k mpx rewards, or the 25k Mpx wins katana which is straight up a recolor of the 35 ec katana, they didnt even bother to change the sprites.

One might say "oh, since these were uploaded to the game, the game developers can do whatever they want with it” but what about the ones that were taken from other games?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk