Thread: Graal Era did an Oopsie - Mk’s Melee Removal.

Graal Era did an Oopsie - Mk’s Melee Removal.

Its kind of sad how this game —Which profits off of items that are not original to the game— wants to claim some sort of “copyright infringement” upon the Midnight Killers’ reward melee, claiming it is a copy of Renegade blade. I will not deny that both items are surely similar, and the SFX is exactly the same (because that is just how limited we are on royalty free sounds), but i cannot stand it having being removed from the game for mere “similarities” when one of Shrekt’s melees is a straight recolor of the 1.5k mpx wins dagger.

I made the Midnight Killers’ melee. If you look at these images you will see that no one pixel is the same from either one, nor is the shading the same, nor the coloring, nor the size, nor the sprites etc. Moreover, these are the sprites for the secondary mode of the item, which only shows up for a fraction of the time that the item is being held.

The only thing these two items have in common is that their blades are made of energy with the blades being held at opposite ends. When i made the blade i actually made it trying to make it similar to MK’s last year’s melee.

Since you want to talk about copying lets talk about Shrekt’s 2015 GST melee, which is straight up a purple recolor of the 1.5k mpx rewards, or the 25k Mpx wins katana which is straight up a recolor of the 35 ec katana, they didnt even bother to change the sprites.

One might say "oh, since these were uploaded to the game, the game developers can do whatever they want with it” but what about the ones that were taken from other games?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

I think you’re forgetting that we are talking about something that’s extremely similar to an exotic, an item that is supposed to be extremely exclusive.

They are not talking about other melees because they are more common items, if it had been something symilar to say something more obtainable then that would of been fine.

To me, honestly, it just looks like a reskin, or a melee put together piece by piece by taking from different melees and edited a little.

Like i said, if it was a more common melee then i would get where you’re coming from, but we are talking about an exotic item here lol

Is it really fair for exotic owners?

We also have an SFX admin who would of done the sound for it, and there are plenty of people in era that i know that would be more than capable to make a sound for it.

Also I don’t understand how the Katana is a good point? You invalidated it within the same sentence.

is it really an oopsie from era or???

Leveler
    Theres a difference between a gangs melee and a community available melee. Regardless, the two items are too similar so they were removed. And wasn't mpx released in 2016? Rules can change. Crypt Vs Gst. Different situations.
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

I love the look of the Exotics in Destiny and you can clearly tell where Bitzsam took the inspiration for the iEra Exotics. Yeah they look the same but hes not calling them the same thing and theyre pixel remakes, plus I dont think theyre in use. Its like going after a dude on Youtube because he remakes guns from video games out of lego.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    As Rima said, it's pretty much a reskin in terms of both graphics and ganis of an extremely rare item.
    Plus, I don't see what your point is with the katana, due to the large amount of items including the 2017 MK Crypt melee that already use those ganis.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

Graal Era did an Oopsie - Mk’s Melee Removal.

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    I think you’re forgetting that we are talking about something that’s extremely similar to an exotic, an item that is supposed to be extremely exclusive.

They are not talking about other melees because they are more common items, if it had been something symilar to say something more obtainable then that would of been fine.

To me, honestly, it just looks like a reskin, or a melee put together piece by piece by taking from different melees and edited a little.

Like i said, if it was a more common melee then i would get where you’re coming from, but we are talking about an exotic item here lol

Is it really fair for exotic owners?

We also have an SFX admin who would of done the sound for it, and there are plenty of people in era that i know that would be more than capable to make a sound for it.

Also I don’t understand how the Katana is a good point? You invalidated it within the same sentence.

is it really an oopsie from era or???
    “Extremely similar” is a far stretch, the colors aren’t the same, the shading isn’t the same, overlapping the items like i did on that image shows that the sizing isnt exactly the same either. There is no way that the blade can be called a copy or an edit of the renegade as far as graphics go, they’re just two blades of the same kind, both inspired from the inquisitor lightsaber from Starwars (yes, Renegade isnt an original idea either) a sword style that graal does not own thus it cant limit players to recreate. https://m.imgur.com/UW00QcD?r

The only thing that can loosely be called a “copy of” are the SFX and the GANIS, and even then thats not enough to call it an edit as a PLETHORA of items in the game use the same exact SFX as other existing ones. A staff member was the one who added the SFX so furthermore you cant say that we stole the SFX as well.

The idle GANI (AKA the idle spin) cant be called a copy, as it the only logical way an inquisitor blade would work (as provided on the gif above).

The Katanas just served as an example that, in the case of Mk’s blade being called an edit, the game’s staff is being hypocritical, as they have commited worse acts of “plagiarism”.
    ATT-

Quote Originally Posted by Grief Hero View Post
    As Rima said, it's pretty much a reskin in terms of both graphics and ganis of an extremely rare item.
    Plus, I don't see what your point is with the katana, due to the large amount of items including the 2017 MK Crypt melee that already use those ganis.
    That is exactly my point, that just because two items have similar Ganis that doesnt mean they are a copy of one another. However, in the case of the 25k mpx reward not only are the ganis the same, but the GFX is just an edit of an already existing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    I love the look of the Exotics in Destiny and you can clearly tell where Bitzsam took the inspiration for the iEra Exotics. Yeah they look the same but hes not calling them the same thing and theyre pixel remakes, plus I dont think theyre in use. Its like going after a dude on Youtube because he remakes guns from video games out of lego.
    By that logic, the item was called Mk blade 2.0, not renegade blade. So why was it removed?. The game goes as far as to reference Destiny itself with the NPC that says “Bring me exotic coins, it is your Destiny”.

Last edited by Minho; 02-24-2019 at 11:26 PM.
    ATT-

Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    By that logic, the item was called Mk blade 2.0, not renegade blade. So why was it removed?. The game goes as far as to reference Destiny itself with the NPC that says “Bring me exotic coins, it is your Destiny”.

Nah nah theres a difference between, using inspiration from another game and referencing it than being similar to something already in the game that we have control over and can decide its too similar because exotics are a one off and meant to be unique and everything else is supposed to be different from them. No one said your design is a straight copy, its different yes but its quite similar to the renegade blade, circle handle two blades. Im not sure if the ganis are the same but if it has the same spin ganis etc then yeah its basically a reskin but not a copy or edit.

Banned
    Closed - to be discussed with high staff to prevent drama from spreading