Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Concerned about the nature of the Forums.

Concerned about the nature of the Forums.

Hello everyone! I’d like to bring up the issue of the recent closings of forums that do not give a chance for it to be an open environment to communicate ideas for the players themselves. If a certain thread has already violated some rules, please as staff, close it without stating your own opinion as the final say before closing it. I’ve been here a long while, watching over the forums and see it develop and grow. We seem to be regressing to the strict rules and because of that, I’ve seen a sharp decline in those joining the forums. I (and others) would like to see less opinions and rather, more moderation instead. I’m still unsure about the nature of those who aren’t on a community relation job but those who are, should be more accepting of difference. I feel as if we are having some limited speech. You can call me the spoiled brat in America but, there are a lot of people who sing the same song of “freedom to” and not “freedom from” in our community specifically. One person shouldn’t be the cause to dismember an entire thread since all thread starters with a purpose (that are not spammy) have a genuine value to be accessible.

TLDR: Suggestion in the future about those who have Advanced tools to control threads should allow dissent and less strong set opinions from those in higher positions than just a player.

Hello, can you tell me which thread you are talking about?

he is talking about these threads i think that they shouldn't have been locked

Please Stop Adding New Plasma Guns ?
    Anyone know Steam Games and other pc games?
    Emote.
    Graal Era did an Oopsie - Mk’s Melee Removal.
    Racism in iEra

recently locked threads

The "Please stop adding new plasma guns" thread was just rude, there are better ways to go about suggesting things besides saying stuff like "fire the staff who made plasma" Also that specific member has made similar threads that stretch as far back as late 2017. But I do agree we should put reasons as to why a thread is closed.
    Last edited by Blitz Canavi; 03-06-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Yeah the majority of the things said in that plasma guns thread by players were pretty much all false lol, the thread was pretty pointless and could have been closed after like the first two comments. Plasma basically stops pay to win and rewards you with high tier and unique weapons, items, toys etc etc. If you can go around and collect trash or mushrooms or even dig for hours then whats stopping you from doing survival? Its basically a job you can do and have fun with your friends without being annoyed by other players. Win Win.

Set this website on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    Yeah the majority of the things said in that plasma guns thread by players were pretty much all false lol, the thread was pretty pointless and could have been closed after like the first two comments. Plasma basically stops pay to win and rewards you with high tier and unique weapons, items, toys etc etc. If you can go around and collect trash or mushrooms or even dig for hours then whats stopping you from doing survival? Its basically a job you can do and have fun with your friends without being annoyed by other players. Win Win.
    That’s one of them. Should have been closed if it started off breaking the rule of what seemingly is “falsified, hate” information. Yet, I saw plenty of opinions from staff all around before getting shut down. It would be better if it was closed with reasoning the moment it was seen. I’m just not too keen on what people could call “singling” out. We must respect what they have to say, and rightfully close the thread.

Alright. I find that I have shockingly excellent memory and that it’s a collection of posts that have happened in February up until now. Almost feels like yesterday but nonetheless, this still needs to be brought up. Another example would be the recent stop to the thread where people had the issue with a particular judgment in how similar something in game can be. I will leave it at that in respect to honor preventing something that hasn’t quite been publicly announced yet as to whether as there was justification for the public to know and converse about that certain topic or not. Now reading back through the threads, I seem to not find a couple of thread that were locked. Separate issues for later. I’ll go ahead and talk about those with a staff position imposing their beliefs and opinions. I get the impression that, whenever certain people talk, it gives the feel that their opinion is the final say and that those who disagree are invalid. Sometimes when this gets too far, the thread is closed correct? I just have an issue with that. Really, I want this to be a place where everyone’s values and beliefs are accepted (and still abiding by the forum rules. To which even then, they too, should be amended but we aren’t at that kind of awareness yet).

I guess what I’m getting at is that if staff is to be responding to posts, there shouldn’t be any kind of spite towards the person who stated the opinion. For reasons of protecting privacy, I will not say their names but they should have the maturity, to state their opinion without putting others down. If not, then please leave it up to the moderators and Staff Team Leaders of Community related positions to answer in a respectful way.
    Last edited by Jayden-Jair; 03-06-2019 at 09:34 PM.

This is oddly familiar.

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

the only thread i closed was emote, it was pretty old and the recent reply wasnt really something you could consider "contributive" so i closed it.
    Last edited by Minho; 03-06-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minho View Post
    the only thread i closed was emote, it was pretty old and the recent reply wasnt really something you could consider "contributive" so i closed it.
    That one was alright. It’s just I’m not sure how to feel about all the other closures. It just feels different that when I go to my new posts that sometimes I might leave alone for 2-3 days, 1/4 if it would consist of a locked thread or, an average of 1 locked post every two days. Unless I’m really hallucinating these things, I really would like to tackle this issue early before it becomes a full fledged problem.
    Even then, I think I’ll just shift my focus on the other side of my argument, which is what to do with the nature of approaching difference by the staff. That one is the most troubling to me. I really don’t want to mention which team has an issue with this but I have a feeling you all know who have been keeping up what I’m talking about.
    Therefore, I’d like to know what there is that can be done about that.