Thread: PC Era revival

AK-47 PC Era revival

Copy+pasting this thread from Graalians here.

For those of you that want to get a taste now, go to graalonline.com, download Playerworlds, make an account for free, and connect to Era.

Hello Graalians.

This thread is mainly to gauge interest.

I have been talking with Blackfires and Carlito about potentially managing Era PC. Right now it's basically got stage 4 cancer and I hope to fix that. I have a team of programmers and developers ready to begin work but I'm wondering how many of you would play it if we did begin work. The main goal is to make it as fun as playing era iphone yet maintain the skill based aspect and the economy that is completely absent in iEra. iEra has become somewhat of a complete joke. Running around the map doesn't even feel like running around a modern city, it feels like running around a cartoon game with all these kids whacking people with their bunny melee weapons...?

A reset is not planned. We will be fixing the economy and creating new niches for players to become involved in. If you're unfamiliar, these are the main differences currently and planned for Era:

- A world that feels much more "alive" and modern. The tileset was recently revamped by Mercy as well as all of the guns, they all have a much more modern and smooth feel to them compared to the iEra art style. Additionally, the map feels like an actual city whereas iEra feels like running around a cartoon.

- Persistent map elements. This means player houses are on the gmap compared to the infinite number of houses on iEra. Additionally, things like cars and helicopters remain on the gmap after leaving them, which adds the persistent feel. Houses, cars, and helicopters are all assets and can be traded as such.

- Realistic and functional weaponry. Self explanatory.

- Authentic virtual economy. The fact that nearly every item in the game can be traded, including hats and guns, leads to an economy that is unlike any iPhone server.

- Completely skill based gameplay. Cash is not purchasable with real money. All money in the game must be earned.

- Player-owned businesses. Instead of randomly finding bullets on the ground, players can monetize the ammo industry and sell it to players. This is also present with food.

This list is not exhaustive and there are many ways in which Era is superior to iEra. We have many things planned for the future and are eager to welcome new players and welcome back veterans alike. We haven't gotten the formal OK from Blackfires/PWA to begin work but judging by the fact that Era is a complete graveyard that hasn't had any manager or any sort or any developer in nearly half a year, we are hoping this will be possible. In a nutshell, Era is and will continue to be like iEra in the early days and like old school runescape with homicide, firearms, and gangs.

Also, Era is completely free to play. Trial mode is gone. The banner that says upgrade now is a ruse and there is no need to spend any money on a subscription.

The main plans we have for Era are making it more accessible to everyone. Right now you have to visit the actual graal website to download it and the website looks like something that would give your computer cancer. We're hoping to fix this. There are no plans for an iOS/android release but we hope that we can make Era more accessible and fun for everyone. Please let me know if this sounds interesting to any of you. I'm sure some of you are tired of playing iEra after years of meaningless content and updates.

Cheers and hope to see some of you on Era soon <3

Leveler
    Sounds nice
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Lord DarkKnight View Post
    Copy+pasting this thread from Graalians here.

smooth feel to them compared to the iEra art style. Additionally, the map feels like an actual city whereas iEra feels like running around a cartoon.

- Persistent map elements. This means player houses are on the gmap compared to the infinite number of houses on iEra. Additionally, things like cars and helicopters remain on the gmap after leaving them, which adds the persistent feel. Houses, cars, and helicopters are all assets and can be traded as such.
    ^^ Laggg
    It's better to spend year perfecting yourself than spending weeks trying to be someone else.

IGN: Derpy Lune
    I like writing story on the spot when i am bored.
    Era-Go give me the chances to do so.