Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Punishment for abusing vpn?

Lightbulb Punishment for abusing vpn?

As many of era basers know, That there’s been a war at mafia for maybe the past month and a half is say between Cata LO Dark Skillz and a few others gangs vs PvP Embro And Imperium. So basically to win the war we use traps as an advantage so players can’t get passed it but no we can’t do that cuz or People Like Steph who use vpn to lag passes our defense, walk over multiple traps at once and waste them here’s proof: https://youtu.be/30e9IUdMkvo

There needs to be a punishment for people who ABUSES vpn. I know people use vpn because they live far from the server etc but no i’m not talking about them i’m talking about people who uses vpn for purposes like this.

Yea i know this is vpn because when Imperium is holding the base She never lags but once we take it she starts to lag all of a sudden? Nah it’s obvious i even got here to admit she paid for a vpn lmao

Lemme know what y’all think on a punishment for people abusing vpn like she does ?

Edit: For the people who doesn’t know what vpn does: https://youtu.be/DTkILwTCNik
    Last edited by iAmNewb; 03-25-2019 at 09:50 PM.

Pretty sure it's not vpn abuse but rather ifile abuse, he/she deleted the Traps in the file so it would not appear on his/her screen which would allow him/her to walk pass them harmlessly.

When you lag pass object like traps you wont get the initial damage but once the lag subside you will still receive all the damage you should received all in once, most of the time resulting in instant death.
    It's better to spend year perfecting yourself than spending weeks trying to be someone else.

IGN: Derpy Lune
    I like writing story on the spot when i am bored.
    Era-Go give me the chances to do so.

Leveler
    Quote Originally Posted by DerpyLune View Post
    Pretty sure it's not vpn abuse but rather ifile abuse, he/she deleted the Traps in the file so it would not appear on his/her screen which would allow him/her to walk pass them harmlessly.

When you lag pass object like traps you wont get the initial damage but once the lag subside you will still receive all the damage you should received all in once, most of the time resulting in instant death.
    If you remove a file from your device you're still affected by it (ex. you'd still be hit with a trap, you'd still be damaged by baubles, etc).
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DerpyLune View Post

As the OP wrote, the players seem to start lagging, so I don't quite see how it'd be iFile abuse when as Kaz wrote that deleting image files has no bearing on how you receive damage.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

Quote Originally Posted by Grief Hero View Post
    As the OP wrote, the players seem to start lagging, so I don't quite see how it'd be iFile abuse when as Kaz wrote that deleting image files has no bearing on how you receive damage.
    Yeah she’s clearly affected by the traps but her high ping allows her to walk over multiple traps without being damage until they load on her screen

Veteran
    How are we meant to know the difference between a VPN abuser and a player with a poor internet connection?
    Often with reports, I see players mad because someone far away from the server in a country with poor internet is lagging, so they claim VPN.

I know of games that in order to prevent VPN use, they would just use a list of known VPN servers IP’s to blacklist. That’s the first step but then they also have a test to “verify” an authentic connection and block people from connecting to the game that way. It’s very possible to develop a method to block VPN users on Mobile and not just on PC.

By no means am I saying this is easy. This is usually accomplished by highly paid Developers on popular games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fennz View Post
    How are we meant to know the difference between a VPN abuser and a player with a poor internet connection?
    Often with reports, I see players mad because someone far away from the server in a country with poor internet is lagging, so they claim VPN.

Oh well thanks for saying it.

That’s why the game should automatically disconnect a player if their ping is high enough to where it would give them an advantage over others regardless if they are vpning or not. When you see someone frozen or lagging your first instinct is to melee them so why not implement the idea I gave 4 years ago of making traps and bullets have the same mechanics that a melee/explosive weapon has to allow it to kill laggers.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    That’s why the game should automatically disconnect a player if their ping is high enough to where it would give them an advantage over others regardless if they are vpning or not. When you see someone frozen or lagging your first instinct is to melee them so why not implement the idea I gave 4 years ago of making traps and bullets have the same mechanics that a melee/explosive weapon has to allow it to kill laggers.
    I like the idea, especially the last part.

The game is reaching a point where the skills are useless, the one that has more lag wins.
    Unfortunately I do not see that the admins care about this topic, knowing that it is an important issue.......