Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on these past couples of updates.

My thoughts on these past couples of updates.

This thread is probably going to be opinionated, but these past couples of updates have been kinda bad. I applaud iMask and other staff involved in these updates for their work. But some of these updates had made this game lose its original style. I mean other people have probably had positive reviews on these updates. But to me, this gang scroll update, profile scroller update, settings scroller, customization buttons,etc has just made it harder to navigate through everything and makes era follow classic's path instead of its own.

They should only update things that NEED to be updated instead of messing around with other stuff.

iMask’s gang update has fixed most of the gang lag and other things. During plasma gangs would also lag a lot and i’m pretty sure they fixed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpibbgraal View Post
    iMask’s gang update has fixed most of the gang lag and other things. During plasma gangs would also lag a lot and i’m pretty sure they fixed that.
    I know, but is the gang view scroller necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Zom View Post
    I know, but is the gang view scroller necessary?
    It’s something different.. whats so bad about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpibbgraal View Post
    It’s something different.. whats so bad about it?
    It makes it difficult to navigate through gangs. These updates make Era seem like its headed to be another Classic.

I definitely see your point, but you know these issues take time to adjust, in the sense that with testing we get what most comfortable for people

Most of these updates are very new still so feedback is still almost nothing.

Also the opinion you give is a bit subjective, so it’s harder to take constructive criticism out of these.

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    I definitely see your point, but you know these issues take time to adjust, in the sense that with testing we get what most comfortable for people

Most of these updates are very new still so feedback is still almost nothing.

Also the opinion you give is a bit subjective, so it’s harder to take constructive criticism out of these.
    I actually like the updates a lot. I think everyone is afraid of change. Mainly because we’ve gotten so used to the old versions of things before the updates.

Leveler
    Only thing is I wished that it'd show 5 people per row, not 4
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Zom View Post
    This thread is probably going to be opinionated, but these past couples of updates have been kinda bad. I applaud iMask and other staff involved in these updates for their work. But some of these updates had made this game lose its original style. I mean other people have probably had positive reviews on these updates. But to me, this gang scroll update, profile scroller update, settings scroller, customization buttons,etc has just made it harder to navigate through everything and makes era follow classic's path instead of its own.

They should only update things that NEED to be updated instead of messing around with other stuff.
    The profile scroller was implemented because it would be very hard to place all the stats into one slide, so the kills, plasma kills, mpx solo/duo wins and losses, spar wins and losses and house ratings needed to be added to another slide. It would just be disorganised if everything was on one slide, that would mean the text would’ve been smaller.

The setting scroller update (the options?), were to place all the options in to organised folders, this is a change that involves you getting used where the folders are, once you get used to it’ll surely become faster to navigate through the options.

The customisation buttons, again, it was organised to keep things tidy, it’s also a lot faster since you didn’t have to use the arrows to find which shield or body you wanted.

Once you get used to all of this, it’ll be a lot faster to navigate around all of this, it just takes time.

Convenience is what most developers (and developer studios) lean towards; hence, the potential for "loss" of game style and nostalgia.

If a feature is unanimously agreed to add a level of convenience to its clients, chances are it will be added, regardless of initial feedback.
    "I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it."