Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No observerable improvement in Base domination. Taxes still needed.

No observerable improvement in Base domination. Taxes still needed.

Hi, I remember this topic was debated some time ago. After the last debate, I thought it would be good to let time pass and see if there are any improvements. And to my disappointment, no, things hasn't changed and base domination is still an issue.

As such allow me to propose a few economic policies to help better things
    1. Base Hour Cap Hierarchy

Gangs whose base hours fall within a certain range to have the maximum number of hours they could attain in a week capped.
    less than 1k: no limit
    1000-3000: capped at 50 hours a week
    3000-5000: capped at 40 hours a week
    5000-7500: capped at 30 hours a week
    7500-10000: capped at 20 hours a week
    10k hours or more: 15 hours a week

2. Firearms customs duty to be brought into bases

Gangs with more than 4k hours will be taxed for certain firearms that they own when they use it in a base (except for fort)
    BAR: 1k gralats and there will be a 12h grace period after first taxation. (one time tax that will apply again after 12h)
    Minigun: 2 gralats per shot, applied every 12h.
    Event items: 500 gralats, applied every 5 hour

3. Social Responsibility Tax
    When gangs dominate bases, they owe some social responsibility to the basing community as this means that other gangs lose the opportunity to hold the base. So for gangs with more than 2k hours, they will be taxed 1 gralats every 2 seconds they hold the base as part of social responsibility.

4. Basing Permit
    Gangs with more than 10k hours will have to obtain a basing permit from a regulatory authority (maybe the admins can make one). The basing permit will cost 50k gralats and will last for 5 months, thereafter it will have to be renewed at aa renewal fee of 46k gralats.

5. Allies tax
    Gangs with more than 5k hours will be taxed 10k gralats for every ally gang that they have. This is because most basing gangs make use of allied gangs to "store" their members or help them out with basing. Taxing will reduce these anti-competitive alliances.

6. Base Lease Fee
    Gangs taking bases means that the base is a capital good for the gang to earn base hours. Since the base is public property, there is rental costs that has to be charged. Each base will cost 100 gralats per minute. (applied to gangs with more than 5k hours)

7. Food and Beverage Tax
    Gangs with more than 15k hours will be taxed for food and drinks consumed within the base when they use it to heal. It will cost 20 gralats for every food item a member eats. Taxes will be applied individually.

8. Noise Pollution Tax
    Repeated gunfights in bases will lead to noise pollution, which affects the social welfare of people in the area. For gangs with more than 20k hours, they will be subjected to a noise pollution tax of 2 gralats for every bullet fired. Use of meelees will not be taxed because they don't cause much noise pollution.

Hopefully these will help alleviate the issue of base domination. Thank you.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

There may be some people who say it will be unfair for those who doesn't purchase in-game currency through real money.
    But let's see what the people has to say.

Also, i forgot the exact number, but currently - basing is already restricted with only allowing gangs with high basing hours to base at specific base zone. (From what I heard, not sure if it's true since I haven't been involved into basing since 2015. But I've been observing base zones and it might be true)

Allies can shoot each other inside bases which applies to all gangs regardless of their basing hours. (This one was true)
    Graalonline Era iPhone since 2011.

I just find a discriminatory tax on the poor an incredibly one-dimensional approach to solving base domination

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Hm, I wouldn't like to be taxed for any reason, isn't basing supposed to help the holder gain money and not lose?
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Noise Pollution tax could be abused, players could just join a enemy gang and start spamming bullets so the gang could get a higher tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Zysoss View Post
    Noise Pollution tax could be abused, players could just join a enemy gang and start spamming bullets so the gang could get a higher tax.
    well yea, they could be applied individually.

1. Base Hour Cap Hierarchy? No. In basing, whichever guild is the strongest takes the base. It's a competition. There are always going to be losers and winners. There will be times when you are the winner, and times where you are the loser. Don't cry just because you lost.

2. Firearms tax? No. Handicapping the player doesn't make the game any funner.

3. Social Responsibility Tax? No. As stated before, basing is a competition. If another guild is stronger, they'll take the base. If you cannot take the base, you have three options:
    1) Get better.
    2) Wait for the holding guild to leave.
    3) Try another base.
    Conclusion: If these three options don't work for you, then congrats, your guild's quality is poor and lead to their failure. There is no participation trophy. You simply lost.

4. Basing Permit? No. Only someone who's sour that their guild isn't good enough would suggest this idea. Refer to my three options above.

5. Allies Tax? No. If you plan, you win. Plan.

6. Base Lease Fee? No. They charged with guns and took over the base. The base is there's until they lose it or let it go. No fees necessary.

7. Food and Beverage Tax? No. If you're sour that they keep healing when you're trying to take over the base, find a new plan. (Refer to my 3 options)

8. Noise Pollution Tax? No. Turn down your volume if the gunfire is annoying you.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    1. Base Hour Cap Hierarchy? No. In basing, whichever guild is the strongest takes the base. It's a competition. There are always going to be losers and winners. There will be times when you are the winner, and times where you are the loser. Don't cry just because you lost.

2. Firearms tax? No. Handicapping the player doesn't make the game any funner.

3. Social Responsibility Tax? No. As stated before, basing is a competition. If another guild is stronger, they'll take the base. If you cannot take the base, you have three options:
    1) Get better.
    2) Wait for the holding guild to leave.
    3) Try another base.
    Conclusion: If these three options don't work for you, then congrats, your guild's quality is poor and lead to their failure. There is no participation trophy. You simply lost.

4. Basing Permit? No. Only someone who's sour that their guild isn't good enough would suggest this idea. Refer to my three options above.

5. Allies Tax? No. If you plan, you win. Plan.

6. Base Lease Fee? No. They charged with guns and took over the base. The base is there's until they lose it or let it go. No fees necessary.

7. Food and Beverage Tax? No. If you're sour that they keep healing when you're trying to take over the base, find a new plan. (Refer to my 3 options)

8. Noise Pollution Tax? No. Turn down your volume if the gunfire is annoying you.
    no no you're missing the point. In fact in addition to the 8 suggested Taxes gangs who want to have their hideout should have to acquire a space on the map for 1 to 1.5 million gralats and the renovation for the hideout's furniture paid for accordingly. That said, it would cost about 7-8 million gralats to have a gang hideout.

Not sure if we should require gralats to everything in the game
    Graalonline Era iPhone since 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    no no you're missing the point. In fact in addition to the 8 suggested Taxes gangs who want to have their hideout should have to acquire a space on the map for 1 to 1.5 million gralats and the renovation for the hideout's furniture paid for accordingly. That said, it would cost about 7-8 million gralats to have a gang hideout.
    1. Explain how I'm missing the point.
    2. Guilds get a hideout if they reach a certain number of hours, not gralats.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".