Hi, I remember this topic was debated some time ago. After the last debate, I thought it would be good to let time pass and see if there are any improvements. And to my disappointment, no, things hasn't changed and base domination is still an issue.

As such allow me to propose a few economic policies to help better things
1. Base Hour Cap Hierarchy

Gangs whose base hours fall within a certain range to have the maximum number of hours they could attain in a week capped.
less than 1k: no limit
1000-3000: capped at 50 hours a week
3000-5000: capped at 40 hours a week
5000-7500: capped at 30 hours a week
7500-10000: capped at 20 hours a week
10k hours or more: 15 hours a week

2. Firearms customs duty to be brought into bases

Gangs with more than 4k hours will be taxed for certain firearms that they own when they use it in a base (except for fort)
BAR: 1k gralats and there will be a 12h grace period after first taxation. (one time tax that will apply again after 12h)
Minigun: 2 gralats per shot, applied every 12h.
Event items: 500 gralats, applied every 5 hour

3. Social Responsibility Tax
When gangs dominate bases, they owe some social responsibility to the basing community as this means that other gangs lose the opportunity to hold the base. So for gangs with more than 2k hours, they will be taxed 1 gralats every 2 seconds they hold the base as part of social responsibility.

4. Basing Permit
Gangs with more than 10k hours will have to obtain a basing permit from a regulatory authority (maybe the admins can make one). The basing permit will cost 50k gralats and will last for 5 months, thereafter it will have to be renewed at aa renewal fee of 46k gralats.

5. Allies tax
Gangs with more than 5k hours will be taxed 10k gralats for every ally gang that they have. This is because most basing gangs make use of allied gangs to "store" their members or help them out with basing. Taxing will reduce these anti-competitive alliances.

6. Base Lease Fee
Gangs taking bases means that the base is a capital good for the gang to earn base hours. Since the base is public property, there is rental costs that has to be charged. Each base will cost 100 gralats per minute. (applied to gangs with more than 5k hours)

7. Food and Beverage Tax
Gangs with more than 15k hours will be taxed for food and drinks consumed within the base when they use it to heal. It will cost 20 gralats for every food item a member eats. Taxes will be applied individually.

8. Noise Pollution Tax
Repeated gunfights in bases will lead to noise pollution, which affects the social welfare of people in the area. For gangs with more than 20k hours, they will be subjected to a noise pollution tax of 2 gralats for every bullet fired. Use of meelees will not be taxed because they don't cause much noise pollution.

Hopefully these will help alleviate the issue of base domination. Thank you.