Thread: To reduce crime, we need a central bank!

Exclamation To reduce crime, we need a central bank!

Here's the thing, ever wondered why people hack the game, scam, and loiter around being racist? This is because these people have been convinced that it is going to take too much time to earn enough to buy the stuff they want, so they give up trying to do honest jobs and choose to take short-cuts. People loiter because they have nothing to do, and would rather not work.

Instead of hiring a tonne of PRs, and PRAs to enforce stuff, why not start a functional central bank?
    Here's how it works:
    The central bank will hold aa treasury and all purchases made in game (say, a person buying a gun) will have a small portion of the gralats paid go to the treasury.
    Let's put it at 1/5 the amount, so if a person buys a minigun, 40k goes into the treasury.

Then, the funds in these treasury, will be distributed among all sectors of the game - the basers, the workers working in different jobs. The way players get the money is through hitting a quota, say if the player digs 1000 shells a day, he gets a payout from the treasury of 3k gralats (assuming 3 gralats per shell - this is dependent on the amount of cash in the treasury). Which means to say, if 100 people bought a Bar gun each, there would be 4 million gralats in the treasury.

The 4 mil gralats may be divided as follows:
    To all the gangs that held a base for at least an hour, say maybe there were 10 gangs that did it, each gang will receive 10k to be divided among their members. (that's 100k gone)
    If say, there were 1000 players who hit the quota of their jobs (say, maybe they managed to get X amount of trash/shells/mushrooms etc..), then each of the 1000 people will receive 3,900 gralats.

And this will entice people to work more, so we have fewer people idling, which is a precursor to them commiting offenses. There will be fewer people commiting crimes because they are now earning more than they could before. Just imagine if your quota is 1000 shells and you digged up 1000 trochus and get a payout of 5,600 gralats (if the treasury has lots of cash at that time) , you would get 8,600 gralats rather than the 3000 gralats you get from selling the trochus only.

The payout could be made in 24h time frames universally, which means that a player can hit the quota within 24 hours and after 24h, the treasury funds will be divided.

I believe to make the treasury more rich we could tax people who are in jail.

Hope this solves the root cause of poverty in game, which is part of the reason why we have crimes occurring. This would be a better way to keep era safe as the funds are circulated within the economy (that is, players receive payouts from what they pay to get items), rather than hire tonnes of admins that may or may not be able to patrol every inch of the map every second - saves them the trouble as well.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

The amount of suggested gralats may be too high to be honest. And I don't see a connection with this system and the PRs. I mean, PRs who monitors the game are still needed.

I don't remember exactly and I'm not sure if it still exists since I've quit basing since 2015, but I remember the server gives some gralats to all the online members of the gang who have captured a base if someone purchase an item from the shop which is inside of the captured base's zone.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this system is close to what you've suggested, but more of like a freebiee.
    Graalonline Era iPhone since 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_ View Post
    The amount of suggested gralats may be too high to be honest. And I don't see a connection with this system and the PRs. I mean, PRs who monitors the game are still needed.

I don't remember exactly and I'm not sure if it still exists since I've quit basing since 2015, but I remember the server gives some gralats to all the online members of the gang who have captured a base if someone purchase an item from the shop which is inside of the captured base's zone.
    Yes they will still be needed,I didn't say they aren't. Just maybe fewer are needed.

Yes they do give out some gralats to basers, but they are not in repeated circulation unlike that in the central bank.

You're right the figures of gralats are just examples. I don't exactly know how much gralats there would be, but you get the concept. Considering that the amount of money spend on food, ammo, items, guns, trading etc are quite significant, there is a really strong case to believe that the total amount can be quite substantial.

Also, the treasury that you've suggested is already rich and I don't think players should be earning anything from punished players.

VPN users can actually abuse this. They will let their alts get jailed to get that "tax". Although, I think it's not bad to let the jailed players pay gralats. Once they get jailed, they'll lose some money as one of the punishment. But I don't know what's legal and illegal in making a game to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like it's illegal to take gralats from players as one of the punishment though. Unless they did something serious like DDosing. But that's an instant permanent ban I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Since some players are purchasing gralats with real money, I'm not sure if that's a legal thing to do.

The game already lack active pr...
    It's better to spend year perfecting yourself than spending weeks trying to be someone else.

IGN: Derpy Lune
    I like writing story on the spot when i am bored.
    Era-Go give me the chances to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyLune View Post
    The game already lack active pr...
    Yeah. They need more than they think it's enough

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    And this will entice people to work more, so we have fewer people idling, which is a precursor to them commiting offenses. There will be fewer people commiting crimes because they are now earning more than they could before. Just imagine if your quota is 1000 shells and you digged up 1000 trochus and get a payout of 5,600 gralats (if the treasury has lots of cash at that time) , you would get 8,600 gralats rather than the 3000 gralats you get from selling the trochus only.

According to your idea, Every 1k trochus you would get 5600$? Digging would be the most popular job in the game, as not only you get trochus, you also get paid for it. This means that if I want to get an umbrella, and I dig 50k trochus, I would have 250k+ and I could buy Bar. This would affect the game as it would be just too easy to get guns.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the treasury that you've suggested is already rich and I don't think players should be earning anything from punished players.

VPN users can actually abuse this. They will let their alts get jailed to get that "tax". Although, I think it's not bad to let the jailed players pay gralats. Once they get jailed, they'll lose some money as one of the punishment. But I don't know what's legal and illegal in making a game to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like it's illegal to take gralats from players as one of the punishment though. Unless they did something serious like DDosing. But that's an instant permanent ban I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Since some players are purchasing gralats with real money, I'm not sure if that's a legal thing to do.

I agree, plus if you are Ip jailed and you are innocent, are you also going to get taxed?

As I said the figures were just hypothetical. It may not be as much, maybe a couple of a hundred dollars, who knows.

If you are innocent, and you get released, the tax will be waived.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    As I said the figures were just hypothetical. It may not be as much, maybe a couple of a hundred dollars, who knows.

If you are innocent, and you get released, the tax will be waived.
    To be honest, the last thing you said will be too much of work for the staffs. It may be a RP thing purpose for us players but manually doing that for staff is just too much work. They better focus on normal administrating

To be honest, the last thing you said will be too much of work for the staffs. It may be a RP thing purpose for us players but manually doing that for staff is just too much work. They better focus on normal administrating
    It may be too much work for the short term, but there's lots of benefits to it in thelong run