Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scams

Scams

To Prevent scams, I suggest we build a LYK Trades Arbitration Tribunal (LYK-TAT)

Basically this building will have trade tables, though fewer than those in the trade centers.
    Each trade table would be surrounded by spectator benches and everything in the trade room will be recorded, and tracked. Things such as IP addresses, PMs exchanges, detection of any hacking attempts to scam, etc etc. This is so that in the event of a scam, the admins would have evidence to take action against scammers.

Here is the procedure:
    The buyer and seller meet at the tribunal, and the seller makes an official deal showing the item offered(which can be accessed by tapping on the buyer's profile, and pressing "make deal") The other party receives a pop up and types in his trade offer. This would be a black and white record of the terms in the trade, so it is very clear.

The trade proceeds, with every thing relevant to the trade recorded. There could be spectators to witness the trade so in case anything happens they can testify.

The procedure is very formal and structured so there would leave little room for any foul play.

It will cost 250 dollars to make a trade, which is more expensive but it is justified because this would be a safer way to trade. It would be mostly for those involved in high-ticket trades. E.g. trades involving hundreds of thousands of shells and rare items.

Because the trade will take place in an arbitration tribunal, if a person hacks to successfully scam, they would face a harsher punishment and a Unfair Trades Practice Fine of 100,000 gralats. All the trading costs and fines will be displayed publicly in the tribunal for members of the public to see. The last 50 records of the trades that took place in the tribunal will also be available for public to see, if they require a benchmark for trading similar items so that they do not get shortchanged. So for example, if most people are trading stun gun for X amount of trochus, others will also charge at X amount or close to it to prevent selling at a bad price.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

its really not that hard to avoid being scammed, i dont see why this is needed
    Player Relations 2016 - 2017
    Senior Player Relations 2017 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2018 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2020

Scamming is legal
    It's better to spend year perfecting yourself than spending weeks trying to be someone else.

IGN: Derpy Lune
    I like writing story on the spot when i am bored.
    Era-Go give me the chances to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    People still do get scammed, though. These are the people we have to protect.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyLune View Post
    Scamming is legal
    Doesn't mean its ethical. We have to improve the reliability of trades to gain public confidence in the system.

Last edited by Grief Hero; 05-02-2019 at 01:05 AM.

To be honest we have too many trading areas, start area's trading table and tachi trade table is enough. Having too many trading areas is one of the reason people get scammed, also cross trading, USDing people will be hard to catch if those traders are in trade areas where there's no other players are trading.

I'm not sure if every PM logs are actually permanently logged but I heard that staffs can check the last 50 PM sent/received by a command, used for when someone reported for inappropriate word via PMs etc. Not sure if it's necessary to have a PM log just for the trades.

Scamming is legal but doesn't mean that people should be doing. But still their items are their responsibility.

On Era PC, there's a betflip for items, staffs are monitoring it and holding the items of betflippers to prevent scamming. I guess that's the kind of system you're trying to suggest. Maybe it's not bad to have some people trusted and have access to holding player's items so those people will check if the items being traded are the right items.

But we have around 1k+ players online daily, Era PC can do it because they have few players online daily and staffs can baby sit them. But in iEra, I think it's more important to monitor those players who're severely breaking rules.
    Graalonline Era iPhone since 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_ View Post
    To be honest we have too many trading areas, start area's trading table and tachi trade table is enough. Having too many trading areas is one of the reason people get scammed, also cross trading, USDing people will be hard to catch if those traders are in trade areas where there's no other players are trading.

I'm not sure if every PM logs are actually permanently logged but I heard that staffs can check the last 50 PM sent/received by a command, used for when someone reported for inappropriate word via PMs etc. Not sure if it's necessary to have a PM log just for the trades.

Scamming is legal but doesn't mean that people should be doing. But still their items are their responsibility.

On Era PC, there's a betflip for items, staffs are monitoring it and holding the items of betflippers to prevent scamming. I guess that's the kind of system you're trying to suggest. Maybe it's not bad to have some people trusted and have access to holding player's items so those people will check if the items being traded are the right items.

But we have around 1k+ players online daily, Era PC can do it because they have few players online daily and staffs can baby sit them. But in iEra, I think it's more important to monitor those players who're severely breaking rules.
    The thing about PMs is that its too informal, at least in my suggestion there is some form of official agreement.

And ofc as I said this is only to make exchange of preferrably higher value items safer, because such trades are lower in numbers due to the high prices involved.

See it as trades of higher and lower value. Low value trades are not likely to be involved here as no one would want to pay 250 gralats for it (unless they want to be extra safe, and they feel rich)

I know its their items and their responsibility but sometimes they do not have control over their items because scammers abuse glitch or hack. This is why this system is suggested to give traders more control.

Last edited by Grief Hero; 05-02-2019 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yK8 View Post
    People still do get scammed, though. These are the people we have to protect.

If a person still gets scammed they’re most likely dumb and will learn from their mistake

I kinda like the idea of a security system, but from my experience, scams usually take place on lower level items, not higher levels like 100k tro.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    If a person still gets scammed they’re most likely dumb and will learn from their mistake
    Yea if that scam involved hundred of thousands of shells players will probably quit

A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    Yea if that scam involved hundred of thousands of shells players will probably quit

Not necessarily I had lost my first acc and I didn’t quit (back then)