Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tax AFKs

Tax AFKs

I realise that when I head to the start park, the lag substantially increased. As such, it would be good to implement an AFK Tax on people who afk for more than 10 minutes.

The tax could be $100 per minute after 10 minutes. Means the most they could be taxed is $400.

At 15 minutes they will be moved to a room, as usual.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk

Hmm... I don't see much benefits on this one

- - - Updated - - -

iEra is not just about PK/Base/Spar. There's also socializing, and start area is one of the area for people to socialize. I'm sure warping them to AFK room after AFKing for 15 minutes is enough to reduce even a little bit of lag. I don't feel comfortable having to pay a tax for being AFK, so is the others.
    Graalonline Era iPhone since 2011.

Top 10 method to kill Graal Era.
    It's better to spend year perfecting yourself than spending weeks trying to be someone else.

IGN: Derpy Lune
    I like writing story on the spot when i am bored.
    Era-Go give me the chances to do so.

If we do this, people who oftens stays at start will no longer get on and we'll have a lesser online players

- - - Updated - - -

I'm warped to AFK room just for PMing with others for 15 minutes without moving, that would be so annoying to pay $100 for forgetting to move
    Graalonline Era iPhone since 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_ View Post
    If we do this, people who oftens stays at start will no longer get on and we'll have a lesser online players

- - - Updated - - -

I'm warped to AFK room just for PMing with others for 15 minutes without moving, that would be so annoying to pay $100 for forgetting to move
    ^
    This happens to me a lot.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Lmao

Taxes dont belong in games, Graal is targetted towards a younger audience and a lot or the younger audiences dont understand the concept or taxes. Plus theres a reason taxes arent in any MMOs or other games. It would all around be a bad design and the player count would drop rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Canavi View Post
    Taxes dont belong in games, Graal is targetted towards a younger audience and a lot or the younger audiences dont understand the concept or taxes. Plus theres a reason taxes arent in any MMOs or other games. It would all around be a bad design and the player count would drop rapidly.
    Aren't taxes just another form of payment, as with those that when you make purchases?

Just because other MMOs or other games don't implement that doesn't mean that its not useful here. It all has to take into account the structure of this game, which in this case could've of itself lead to economic issues - just look at base domination, for example, because the admins refuse to use taxes, there is a high prevalence of domination and low competition of bases. Other games may not need taxes because they do not face such issues, or issues to such an extent.

Player count dropping is just mere speculation. If say, we made base domination for example less of an issue, there would be more competition for the bases, and the entry of more basing gangs. Would this lead to a fall in players? I doubt so. Basing gangs are motivated by hours and the basing sector should be competitive in nature, if they can't compete to win they don't get the hours - as simple and as fair as that. Taxes are needed.

Unless of course, you have a better way to get around these issues, and ways that do not require an overhaul of the whole system (i.e. overhauling the whole basing system by making more bases for advanced gangs etc, which can be labour intensive). Taxes are the best bet I could think of.
    Last edited by LYK08; 05-03-2019 at 02:17 AM.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

You automatically get disconnected when you afk for a while there’s no need to steal money that’s ridiculous
    A lot of new players would be unaware

This guy is obsessed with taxes