Thread: Newspaper suggestions.

Exclamation Newspaper suggestions.

Hi I would like express some feedback on the newspaper.

So basically, I noticed that the newspaper has several areas that leaves much to be desired.

1. Plain run-off-the-mill repetition of news already posted onto the "news" section of the game tab, or on GraalEra Facebook posts

In the recent updates section of the news, I could see that the stuff I have already seen on Era FB are merely repeated. If that's the case, Why pay 5 bucks to buy old news? Pretty sure I could get more up to date news via Era FB for free. I don't see a point in having that section anyway. I must say,though, there are some efforts to add in unique news such as staff hirings and this made things slightly less boring.

Here's what I suggest: Whenever there are news of say, a new shop opening, get a newspaper team member to get down to that place and interview one or two players about their opinions and put it into the article. I'm sure that adds more value than merely stating old news; at least adding in some opinions of players allows readers to see the perspectives on the new development. If it's a new VIP item, go interview someone who's bought the VIP and ask them about to talk about their opinions of the VIP item.

2. Gangs base hours.
    I noticed that the gang base hours merely gives superficial descriptions of the base hour rankings of gangs. I'm pretty sure we could see for ourselves at the high score section there's no need to state it for us. That's like saying "the sky is blue", and I don't see how that's news.

Here's what I suggest:
    A. Talk about the trends or observations. For example:" XXX gang has held the no.1 position with the most base hours for the X consecutive time" or "B gang made a huge improvement, jumping from last week's 5th place to 1st" or "After losing the 1st place to G gang by a mere 0.5 hours last week, H gang climbed its way back up to first place this week." Now, that's news.

B. Use baseeconomics (https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...t=baseconomics) to elaborate on the news. For example, using Baseing Productivity Index, calculate the BPI of the top 3 gangs. If you keep a record of that for a few weeks you could write in as an observation e.g. "L gang mainatained its BPI above 60 percent last week..." Of course, Define what BPI is in that article. At least it gives much more value to the news.

C. Interview members of gangs. For example, you could interview gang leaders on how they managed to maintain a rank for several weeks. Ask them about some of the challenges they face, the tips for basing(if they are comfortable sharing). All these make the news much more interesting than "oh A ranked first, B ranked second, and C ranked third for this week"

That's all that I have as feedback for the newspaper team.
    Last edited by Blitz Canavi; 05-03-2019 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Title was inappropriate
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Hello? Was wondering if any news team people actly saw this....

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk

Era Newspaper Staff OmgItsFallen's Avatar
    I saw it! I will talk with the team and Pamaj to see what he says!!!
    Thank you for these ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by OmgItsFallen View Post
    I saw it! I will talk with the team and Pamaj to see what he says!!!
    Thank you for these ideas!
    Why no free newspaper (+ auto unlocked)?

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Era Newspaper Staff OmgItsFallen's Avatar
    The newspaper is currently free now in iEra!

charge a price once the quality goes up

Hey Its been some weeks since my suggestion.

Did the ENT give a reply on this? Which ideas will they be adopting?

Just read the newspaper and I it was the same as the previous editions.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk

Nice
    --------------------------------
    | YOUTUBE: AsianPog |
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by AsianPog View Post
    Nice
    nice
    Questions? Don't be afraid to message me.