Thread: Something that staff should look into.

Something that staff should look into.

Hi, I mainly need the help of staff preferably higher staff to help with this issue.

Just a couple days ago, a friend of mine had his account robbed of him, this is not your usual account scamming. If a person takes control of a victim's account, the victim can revoke the user's access. However, in this case, it's much severe. You cannot revoke access, you cannot log into your account anymore, and your email does not work for your account anymore.

Total control of an account, unstoppable by the victim after it happens. Basically making an account yours and only yours with everything inside it.

I'm not gonna say how the person performed the scam, so that others will not know of how easy it is, but I am going to mention how big this robbery was. (scam is not really the right word to describe it)

A well-known friend. Lost a 2013 account with 8k hours, over 500k+ worth of items (in tro), 250+ ec, with many auction items, guns, rare items, og VIPs, hats, uploads, etc.

This person is now in a state of depression, having seen all his hard work in graal gone in less than a day, he is also on the verge of quitting graal. Countless hours spent on this game, and for it to disappear? I can't even imagine how he felt when he realised this happened. Furthermore, he was harassed by the scammer, flexing his items to him and teasing him for losing his account. I also see the scammer flexing the account to his friends and claiming it to be his own account.

It's amazing how a person can do such a horrendous thing to another. A day after, my friend emailed the graal support telling them about this scam. You know what their response was? Blaming him to be responsible for getting scammed, not even telling him how the staff could do anything about it. I really think that graal has changed over the past year in terms of the helpfulness of staff and their responsiveness, the staff should look into this matter more seriously.

I need help from anyone that can do anything about this, because this is not just scamming, it's ruining a person's life.

Preferably, Junz can come on era and I'll explain everything, from how the guy robbed the account and who was responsible. Because the process of robbing an account is very simple and I wouldn't want the rest of era to know about it.

I hope that this thread will be noticed.

If the method(s) utilized in the account robbery are as easy as you claim for them to be, then iEra is in big trouble; though you should not go head-over-heels about this situation, either.

Unfortunately, many people have their accounts stolen for various reasons that, in some cases could not have, been avoided (e.g. account sharing, tips to use as password guessing, etc.).

The very rare scenario where there is nothing that they could have done is where the attacker manually breaking into the victim's email, which the attacker would still need to know, beforehand; this does not take into the account of how long it would take to actually gain access -- the password is an entirely different issue.

There are a few methods that I can also indeed scheme and think of, since they have been tossed around the "black market" of iEra, per-se. Needless to say, they have always been patched or the exploits utilized have been secured as tightly as they possibly can.
    Future Doctorate of Philosophy (Computer Science) Student

My Email: Click me!
    My GitHub: Click me!

Quote Originally Posted by grimb0ne View Post
    If the method(s) utilized in the account robbery are as easy as you claim for them to be, then iEra is in big trouble; though you should not go head-over-heels about this situation, either.

Unfortunately, many people have their accounts stolen for various reasons that, in some cases could not have, been avoided (e.g. account sharing, tips to use as password guessing, etc.).

The very rare scenario where there is nothing that they could have done is where the attacker manually breaking into the victim's email, which the attacker would still need to know, beforehand; this does not take into the account of how long it would take to actually gain access -- the password is an entirely different issue.

There are a few methods that I can also indeed scheme and think of, since they have been tossed around the "black market" of iEra, per-se. Needless to say, they have always been patched or the exploits utilized have been secured as tightly as they possibly can.
    Yes those are possible ways. But this method is truly a dimension above every other. You don't need a password to a email to rob the account, you just need the victim's email. And no hacking involved either. The method is also so straightforward, anyone could do it with enough information. I really hope this can solve this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SeasonalMan View Post
    Yes those are possible ways. But this method is truly a dimension above every other. You don't need a password to a email to rob the account, you just need the victim's email. And no hacking involved either. The method is also so straightforward, anyone could do it with enough information. I really hope this can solve this issue.
    I heard that there is a method which involves a rather unsuspicious local file, which, if in the wrong hands, enables the beholder to access immeasurable amounts of otherwise classified information. This method is rather straightforward, though some disassembling knowledge makes the process much less a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by grimb0ne View Post
    I heard that there is a method which involves a rather unsuspicious local file, which, if in the wrong hands, enables the beholder to access immeasurable amounts of otherwise classified information. This method is rather straightforward, though some disassembling knowledge makes the process much less a pain.
    As I've mentioned, this method doesn't require much knowledge. All you need is to be manipulative and deceiving to gullible people. (Including staff).

As I've mentioned, this method doesn't require much knowledge. All you need is to be manipulative and deceiving to gullible people. (Including staff).
    A most intriguing method, to be unveiled.

Hey! I am sorry to tell you but not a single staff member in-game can help you (not even Junz) with this situation. The forums itself is not a place for discussions related to account specific issues such as this, I'd have to redirect you to http://support.toonslab.com . Please understand that all the help that you would need could only provided within that website and not here. closed thread
    Last edited by Minho; 05-13-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    Discord Me:
    jaala#0029

Manager
    Hi, I mainly need the help of staff preferably higher staff to help with this issue.

Just a couple days ago, a friend of mine had his account robbed of him, this is not your usual account scamming. If a person takes control of a victim's account, the victim can revoke the user's access. However, in this case, it's much severe. You cannot revoke access, you cannot log into your account anymore, and your email does not work for your account anymore.

Total control of an account, unstoppable by the victim after it happens. Basically making an account yours and only yours with everything inside it.

I'm not gonna say how the person performed the scam, so that others will not know of how easy it is, but I am going to mention how big this robbery was. (scam is not really the right word to describe it)

A well-known friend. Lost a 2013 account with 8k hours, over 500k+ worth of items (in tro), 250+ ec, with many auction items, guns, rare items, og VIPs, hats, uploads, etc.

This person is now in a state of depression, having seen all his hard work in graal gone in less than a day, he is also on the verge of quitting graal. Countless hours spent on this game, and for it to disappear? I can't even imagine how he felt when he realised this happened. Furthermore, he was harassed by the scammer, flexing his items to him and teasing him for losing his account. I also see the scammer flexing the account to his friends and claiming it to be his own account.

It's amazing how a person can do such a horrendous thing to another. A day after, my friend emailed the graal support telling them about this scam. You know what their response was? Blaming him to be responsible for getting scammed, not even telling him how the staff could do anything about it. I really think that graal has changed over the past year in terms of the helpfulness of staff and their responsiveness, the staff should look into this matter more seriously.

I need help from anyone that can do anything about this, because this is not just scamming, it's ruining a person's life.

Preferably, Junz can come on era and I'll explain everything, from how the guy robbed the account and who was responsible. Because the process of robbing an account is very simple and I wouldn't want the rest of era to know about it.

I hope that this thread will be noticed.
    Hi. PM me on here with exact details about the incident, thanks.