Thread: Partial-Privatise the Newspapers!

Post Partial-Privatise the Newspapers!

I have noticed declining quality in the newspaper, with its content getting less and less from the previous years.

Some of its sections are highly dependent on era players to contribute, which doesn't happen regularly. Content by current newspaper team members lack in quantity, making the newspaper less interesting. As such, I suggest we partially-privatise the Newspaper Team. Change it to Era Newspaper Press Corporation.

Get a player who can lead the news team well to be the CEO of it and do the following:

1. Hire more newspaper team members who can produce some good content (I recommend 20, including reporters, editors, article writers, photographers, News company managers.)

2. Pay newspaper team members more to do their job well

3. Fire all admins in the news team as part of privatisation - there should be minimal administrative interference, except for maybe the occasional vetting and censorship reviews.

4. Make the company profit driven, meaning that part of the proceeds of the newspaper sales will go to the news team finance department, which will then be split among the employees. Say, if they raise the price to 10 gralats (due to improved quality), 5 gralats go to the news team. In a week if 500 copies are sold it would be 2500 gralats more to be split among the members. Because 5 gralats go to the game revenue, the admins still have some obligation to support the incomes of the news members.

5. Introduce subscription plans so we don't have to keep going to the vending machine (some people may forget). Say, get people to have 12 month subscription or 6 month subscription plans where they pay at once all copies that will be published in that given time period. example, in 12 months assuming 4 copies a month, it would be 48 copies a year (if 1 copy costs 10, it would be 480 bucks for a annual subscription)

6. Allow people to advertise their stuff (e.g. gang hirings/ gang related news/ trading stuff) at a rate, say 350 gralats for an advertisement.

7. and all the other stuff I have written here: https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...863#post501863

Thanks.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

I think the newspaper are already good and not that sure if they need another member for their team.

But maybe adding new topic like the suggested above is good. gang hirings related - interviewing gang leaders and gang leaders will talk about what kind of members they are looking for and their future plans for their gangs etc.

Also, I don't think it's that necessary to have a subscription for the newspaper, that work can be done on something more useful ^^ since you can still buy the newspaper even when there's another latest newspaper, unlike VIP.

- - - Updated - - -

And 20 newspaper team members are too many for one newspaper
    Graalonline Era iPhone since 2011.

Manager
    None of these ideas are a solution nor will they be implemented.
    Instead of listing 7 badly thought out ideas, spend the time thinking about one viable idea that can actually be discussed.
    Closed.