Thread: You darn’ Spot-Pirates! - Suggestion

You darn’ Spot-Pirates! - Suggestion

This post is a suggestion to the iEra Development Team (scripters) regarding players “stealing” digging spots

A simple fix to the “That Graalian stole my digging spot!” would be to implement something like, if *Graal845746* uses shovel on sand, (x) amount of radius (from where the shovel were used) will be granted to *Graal845746* for (x) amount of time | | until relog.

The method I stated above could certainly be used to disturb one another, one possible way to prevent that from happening is to rather than letting them choose their spot, add another NPC inside the shell shop saying something like “Spot Reservation!”.

When you tap/click on the NPC, you’ll be able to select the amount of minutes you’d like to reserve/hire/lease a spot (I’d set a limit to 60 minutes just for the sake of variation).

Once you’ve selected “x” amount of minutes, you’ll be granted the nearest spot available as well as a personal message with location from the NPC.

^ ( this is the easiest way since you know, those car jobs, where you give an NPC a ride exchange for Gralats uses the same principle so just “CoPy AnD PaStA” ) heh

I’m no expert regarding spawn rates, but I’ve always assumed that the shell spawn rates are equal across the whole gmap. If that’s correct, try announcing it here and there, I’m sure that’ll make Graalians more comfortable spreading out and explore other locations instead of stealing a spot that they think has “better spawn rate”.

Now this isn’t necessarily top priority, but it’ll definitely show the community that dev staff actually provides stuff based on suggestions. And to be fair, this is no challenge “coding-wise”. iMask could have this done over a weekend *wink*
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by ReeseVanderwoods View Post
    This post is a suggestion to the iEra Development Team (scripters) regarding players “stealing” digging spots

A simple fix to the “That Graalian stole my digging spot!” would be to implement something like, if *Graal845746* uses shovel on sand, (x) amount of radius (from where the shovel were used) will be granted to *Graal845746* for (x) amount of time | | until relog.

The method I stated above could certainly be used to disturb one another, one possible way to prevent that from happening is to rather than letting them choose their spot, add another NPC inside the shell shop saying something like “Spot Reservation!”.

When you tap/click on the NPC, you’ll be able to select the amount of minutes you’d like to reserve/hire/lease a spot (I’d set a limit to 60 minutes just for the sake of variation).

Once you’ve selected “x” amount of minutes, you’ll be granted the nearest spot available as well as a personal message with location from the NPC.

^ ( this is the easiest way since you know, those car jobs, where you give an NPC a ride exchange for Gralats uses the same principle so just “CoPy AnD PaStA” ) heh

I’m no expert regarding spawn rates, but I’ve always assumed that the shell spawn rates are equal across the whole gmap. If that’s correct, try announcing it here and there, I’m sure that’ll make Graalians more comfortable spreading out and explore other locations instead of stealing a spot that they think has “better spawn rate”.

Now this isn’t necessarily top priority, but it’ll definitely show the community that dev staff actually provides stuff based on suggestions. And to be fair, this is no challenge “coding-wise”. iMask could have this done over a weekend *wink*
    I believe arte bus has higher spawn rates, also it would be cool after the time is up it tells you how many shells you dug, what shells and how many of the shells, and how many shovels used.Also there was gfx competitions years ago for brand new shells and rewards and shovels so basically renewing digging, maybe it should be implemented.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...hlight=Remodel

https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...ewards!/page18
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

Have Any Graal Related Questions? Ask me
    2010-2021

What if a player reserved a spot and left the game? Thats 60 mins of no one using the spot.
    What if a player keeps reserving the same spot over and over again?

I personally dont think this should be applied to the game, stealing spots is better to keep, because if everything in this game gets easier for you, this game would no longer be fun and competitive. The idea has probably alot of defects.
    {هُنَالِكَ الْوَلَايَةُ لِلَّهِ الْحَقِّ ۚ هُوَ خَيْرٌ ثَوَابًا وَخَيْرٌ عُقْبًا}

{إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا}

I've never really had an issue with players stealing my digging spots and I've dug around 80k shells, Imo I think table stealing in speedy pizzas is more of a common occurrence and issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean View Post
    What if a player reserved a spot and left the game? Thats 60 mins of no one using the spot.
    What if a player keeps reserving the same spot over and over again?

I personally dont think this should be applied to the game, stealing spots is better to keep, because if everything in this game gets easier for you, this game would no longer be fun and competitive. The idea has probably alot of defects.
    I’ve already covered both of your arguments in my post.

If the player relog within their +-60 min, they’ll lose their spot.

Now, a player won’t be able to reserve their previous spot. They’re given another spot that is again, randomly generated.

That’s why I suggested a timer that doesn’t go past 60 minutes. Once the time is up, their spot will go back into the system so it can be generated to another player who clicks the NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Canavi View Post
    I've never really had an issue with players stealing my digging spots and I've dug around 80k shells, Imo I think table stealing in speedy pizzas is more of a common occurrence and issue.
    I’ve experienced it a few times, it doesn’t bother me at all but i do know that it’s bothering other players, especially the newer generation.
    If adding a system that not only make it easier for players to determine “what’s yours and what’s mine”, but also works a filter for unnecessary reports, I’d give it a shot.

The suggestion I’m representing may sound like something rather unnecessary for some, that’s because we’re used to it. Most of the players that experience this as an issue won’t even see this post all all, due to newer players with less hours tend to not knowing that there’s a forum.

Sure, this method could be used, and would most likely work great in other jobs such as Speedy Pizza. It would no longer be possible for players to abuse the pizza station glitch
    Last edited by Minho; 05-17-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    ]

I support your idea. The digging spots are actually some kind of tool of the digging-shells-job, and this would pretty much help people.

Soldier
    Honestly, maybe I have bad luck but I've often run into some pretty annoying people whilst digging. So I wouldn't mind seeing something this implemented
    Feel free to pm me with any questions or concerns.