Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LYK Trade Protocol

LYK Trade Protocol

After many hours of thought, I have finally came up with a revolutionary way to reduce scams.

1. Trade reviews
    Every player will have a trade profile displaying all the reviews if people who has transacted with him or her before. After every trade, both seller and buyer are allowed to leave reviews of the player and give a rating out of 10. These reviews are accessible at the player's profile, so every potential trader will be aware of the person's tendency to scam or lie etc.

The trade reviews camnot be removed unless the player changes trade pass.

The trade reviews will show the items in the trade. E.g., if you buy a shovel for 2 shells, and the trader tries to sabotage your reputatiom by leaving a bad rep, the items involved in the trade will be shown in the review as well, so the viewer judges for him or herself if the trade was fair.

If the person is an avid trader, only tge last 10 records will show. The older reviews will be removed BUT they will still affect the average rating (which will show in the trade profile). Meaning, if a player scams 50 times and gets 0 stars, and got 2 stars for 10 trades (which is shown in his trafe profile), his or her average rating will be 0.33, which is still bad.

2. Trade pass.

For players to trade they will need a trade pass that costs 500 gralats for a first time buy. It has no expiry date. The pass can be revoked only uf an admin catches the guy scamming. However, if a scammer consistently receives bad reviews, it will show on their trade profile. If they want to remove these bad reviews, they will have to replace their trade pass , which will cost 30k gralats (for 2nd time and beyond purchase)

This carries a clear message - trade properly or risk having a bad reputation. If you want to get rid of bad rep, its going to be costly as well, so its better to trade properly than to pay heavy prices.

3. Trade admin
    If we are to get admins to regulate trade they will be working 24/7. But now if we get a trade admin, this admin will just have to ensure that the trade tables are functioning properly with no bugs or glicthes. If a glitch is suspected (either through say, a person trading an item but not receiving the item) the matter can be reported to the trade admin. The trade admin will investigate and if one party of the trade is found to be hacking or abusing glitch, the trade pass of that guy will be revoked and other punishments may follow.

4. Transaction logs

There could be a kiosk at trade centre showing the last 100 trades that took place at the centre. It will show the items involved, so players can have a reference price to sell or buy items so that they do not overpay or underpay.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LYK08; 05-19-2019 at 02:13 AM.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

I liked item 4, could be implemented right now. Now, just wait for JunZ.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmY1809 View Post
    I liked item 4, could be implemented right now. Now, just wait for JunZ.
    Its a protocol as a whole dude

Is the rest of it good tho?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmY1809 View Post
    Is the rest of it good tho?
    Its up to the community to decide

What if a player reviews another player unfairly? The idea is unnecessary and has alot of defects, 30k on changing a pass that someone falsely reviewed you? The idea is expensive and unnecessary. I only find the transaction log that will show only the last 5 trades youve recently done. Trading tables rarely have bugs and glitches there is absolutely no reason to have a new admin position. If you have alot of ideas like this, make your own game. Those ideas cant be implemented in this game in any sort. Do not waste your time giving ideas, waste your time making your own game.
    {هُنَالِكَ الْوَلَايَةُ لِلَّهِ الْحَقِّ ۚ هُوَ خَيْرٌ ثَوَابًا وَخَيْرٌ عُقْبًا}

{إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا}

Quote Originally Posted by Mean View Post
    What if a player reviews another player unfairly? The idea is unnecessary and has alot of defects, 30k on changing a pass that someone falsely reviewed you? The idea is expensive and unnecessary. I only find the transaction log that will show only the last 5 trades youve recently done. Trading tables rarely have bugs and glitches there is absolutely no reason to have a new admin position. If you have alot of ideas like this, make your own game. Those ideas cant be implemented in this game in any sort. Do not waste your time giving ideas, waste your time making your own game.
    Hello Mr Critic. Had a bad day, huh?

As I have said, the items involved in the transactions will be shown. If someone badly reviewed you, and the items involved turned out to be something of the market price, then the viewers would not regard the review as bad as the reviewer deed. Would really appreciate that you consider this (as I have mentioned in my post) and not cherrypick part of the post to form an argument that clearly misses details like this.

In your post you made little to none justification of your arguments except impulsive and unnecessarily aggressive questioning.

Moreover, thank you for caring about my time, but i think it would be good for you to stick to the topic.

Trade tables rarely experience glitches or bugs? How'd you know? Every second so many trades are taking place across the server with many players whose connections are vastly different, what are the chances? Even so, the trade admin could take on other roles as well, apart from being a trade admin. If trades doesnt give him or her much jobscope.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    Hello Mr Critic. Had a bad day, huh?

As I have said, the items involved in the transactions will be shown. If someone badly reviewed you, and the items involved turned out to be something of the market price, then the viewers would not regard the review as bad as the reviewer deed. Would really appreciate that you consider this (as I have mentioned in my post) and not cherrypick part of the post to form an argument that clearly misses details like this.

In your post you made little to none justification of your arguments except impulsive and unnecessarily aggressive questioning.

Moreover, thank you for caring about my time, but i think it would be good for you to stick to the topic.

Trade tables rarely experience glitches or bugs? How'd you know? Every second so many trades are taking place across the server with many players whose connections are vastly different, what are the chances? Even so, the trade admin could take on other roles as well, apart from being a trade admin. If trades doesnt give him or her much jobscope.

You need to stop listing your ideas. Youve been posting ideas since 2014 and none of them were actually implemented in the game, good luck.
    {هُنَالِكَ الْوَلَايَةُ لِلَّهِ الْحَقِّ ۚ هُوَ خَيْرٌ ثَوَابًا وَخَيْرٌ عُقْبًا}

{إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا}

Quote Originally Posted by Mean View Post
    You need to stop listing your ideas. Youve been posting ideas since 2014 and none of them were actually implemented in the game, good luck.
    Oh, thats really on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    After many hours of thought, I have finally came up with a revolutionary way to reduce scams.

1. Trade reviews
    Every player will have a trade profile displaying all the reviews if people who has transacted with him or her before. After every trade, both seller and buyer are allowed to leave reviews of the player and give a rating out of 10. These reviews are accessible at the player's profile, so every potential trader will be aware of the person's tendency to scam or lie etc.

The trade reviews camnot be removed unless the player changes trade pass.

The trade reviews will show the items in the trade. E.g., if you buy a shovel for 2 shells, and the trader tries to sabotage your reputatiom by leaving a bad rep, the items involved in the trade will be shown in the review as well, so the viewer judges for him or herself if the trade was fair.

If the person is an avid trader, only tge last 10 records will show. The older reviews will be removed BUT they will still affect the average rating (which will show in the trade profile). Meaning, if a player scams 50 times and gets 0 stars, and got 2 stars for 10 trades (which is shown in his trafe profile), his or her average rating will be 0.33, which is still bad.

2. Trade pass.

For players to trade they will need a trade pass that costs 500 gralats for a first time buy. It has no expiry date. The pass can be revoked only uf an admin catches the guy scamming. However, if a scammer consistently receives bad reviews, it will show on their trade profile. If they want to remove these bad reviews, they will have to replace their trade pass , which will cost 30k gralats (for 2nd time and beyond purchase)

This carries a clear message - trade properly or risk having a bad reputation. If you want to get rid of bad rep, its going to be costly as well, so its better to trade properly than to pay heavy prices.

3. Trade admin
    If we are to get admins to regulate trade they will be working 24/7. But now if we get a trade admin, this admin will just have to ensure that the trade tables are functioning properly with no bugs or glicthes. If a glitch is suspected (either through say, a person trading an item but not receiving the item) the matter can be reported to the trade admin. The trade admin will investigate and if one party of the trade is found to be hacking or abusing glitch, the trade pass of that guy will be revoked and other punishments may follow.

4. Transaction logs

There could be a kiosk at trade centre showing the last 100 trades that took place at the centre. It will show the items involved, so players can have a reference price to sell or buy items so that they do not overpay or underpay.

Thank you.

i love this concept but i feel as players would boost there score by trading with other accounts or that players may get a fair trade but leave a bad review to troll but ill add to this concept if you dont mind what if there was also a machine or something you can grab to report a false review a trade admin can comfirm if it could be false or true
    Last edited by TemPro; 05-21-2019 at 12:15 AM. Reason: thought came to me