Thread: Private Message Blacklist

Related to Players

Private Message Blacklist

Alright, so here's how my idea goes.

It would be a feature that would allow players to blacklist certain words or phrases from being sent to them via private messaging. As of late, I've been getting a lot of private messages from people in Start asking me to do things like "upvote their house" or "follow me on [social media]" or anything else that's generally very annoying to see. Yes I am aware the solution would be to disable recieving PMs, but I don't want to block everyone from not being able to message me just because of a few bad apples.

This could also allow for people to do things such as block harassment, as you can blacklist words that evade the swear filter or words that you find offensive from being sent to you.

Don't know if this has been suggested before but if this sounds like a good idea to you, let me know.

Interesting. I'm sure there are a lot of players who wants to only block certain words being sent to them and not to disable all messages. There are words that are not censored in the game which is personally disturbing to us and I think it would help us feel comfortable if we have this feature.
    Graalonline Era iPhone since 2011.

It would be an awesome idea for a parent or an elder. It would be a great idea because some people might have kids/younger siblings who play the game frequently, it would be amazing to have a blacklist for words. As for advertisements for social medias or gangs, I never see them disturbing. Yea, I get them every once in a while but I gladly close the received pm. Its a bad idea in an another view, for example you blacklist the words “Rate” / “house” / “gang” /“join”, they are used on a daily basis you cant play without being sent a pm without those words. Sent with respect
    {هُنَالِكَ الْوَلَايَةُ لِلَّهِ الْحَقِّ ۚ هُوَ خَيْرٌ ثَوَابًا وَخَيْرٌ عُقْبًا}

{إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا}

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean View Post
    It would be an awesome idea for a parent or an elder. It would be a great idea because some people might have kids/younger siblings who play the game frequently, it would be amazing to have a blacklist for words. As for advertisements for social medias or gangs, I never see them disturbing. Yea, I get them every once in a while but I gladly close the received pm. Its a bad idea in an another view, for example you blacklist the words “Rate” / “house” / “gang” /“join”, they are used on a daily basis you cant play without being sent a pm without those words. Sent with respect
    Definitely would be good to improve the "PG" part of the PG-13 vibe that iEra tries to go for!

AZN (Sent from my iPhone)
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean View Post
    That is up to them to blacklist those words. But even if this feature is implemented, people will still find a way to evade the filter.
    Graalonline Era iPhone since 2011.