Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: This Game Is Dead Asf. Here’s Why

I hope this year's GST will be just as spicy as last year's.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    I hope this year's GST will be just as spicy as last year's.
    Hope server crashes in every round

One of the problem is admin corruption

Zephlyn
    This game has slowly been dying since 2017, it's a matter of time when the player count drops to 1000, and reverts then to 500.

Before it was fun because no one was bored of PK'ing, basing and sparring, until it became a daily routine where nothing new happens.

It's also sad to mention that it's not worth it to put effort and time on something that even the admins and owner of the game doesn't pay attention. It's a waste of time.

All of this being said, my worst mistake was dedicating too much time to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by D12* View Post
    This game has slowly been dying since 2017, it's a matter of time when the player count drops to 1000, and reverts then to 500.

Before it was fun because no one was bored of PK'ing, basing and sparring, until it became a daily routine where nothing new happens.

It's also sad to mention that it's not worth it to put effort and time on something that even the admins and owner of the game doesn't pay attention. It's a waste of time.

All of this being said, my worst mistake was dedicating too much time to this game.
    Just imagine the times you spent your money, until now think of how much money you would’ve had if you didn’t spend it. ( I’d have a good estimate of 960 - 1,000)

It’s nothing new, Staff are responsible for Our fun. I lost many friends who didn’t have to leave cause the things that been happening and no changes, and to know how old most of them were they aren’t coming back it’s been 4 years and nothing has changed ( I respect the little things that Staff do like Ganis,Events/plasma and ect but we have more things to worry about here as like being active with Era Forums, it was always the biggest thing when it came to ideas and stuff, and proper updates

Can’t even remember the last time the server was updated unless it happened recently and I wasn’t on or anything Hyot the current manager I’m not sure what his job is specifically but he has just enough power to set things straight before it hits the bottom of no return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Accomplishments isn't measured my material reward, but the pride in the effort one puts forth.

Quote Originally Posted by YDTajima View Post
    One of the problem is admin corruption
    What’s the main definition of "Staff Corruption"? Like false jails/bans or unlinks?

Accomplishments isn't measured my material reward, but the pride in the effort one puts forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuto Kikuchi View Post
    What’s the main definition of "Staff Corruption"? Like false jails/bans or unlinks?

Both. Except unlinking comes from Unixmad

Instead of blaming specific persons we need to blame it on their actions and decisions, and circumstances that have led to the downfall of this game

1. Obstinate Administration coupled with manpower crunch

The administration refuses to see the suggestions and viewpoints of players, preferring to label them as "unsuitable", "not well thought out" rather than seeing how the ideas could be incorporated or combined with other ideas to make a concrete measure. They also lack manpower because they'd prefer to pay people gralats rather than hire professionals to run the game (as is the case of more successful games). The gralat payment for admins feels like the kind of money we pay people when we play Monopoly, just that in Graal the monopoly has many more Monopoly players working to bring in real money that mostly don't get paid to them.

2. Ruined credibility and reliability

Ironically, the ticket system that is supposed to solve problems of players is itself a problem. So when players submit a ticket, instead of having one less issue to deal with, they get another one. The long waiting periods for tickets to be reviewed, or not at all, can give the players lots of frustration (even the most patient ones when they don't even get a reply at times). This ruins the confidence of the players in the management of the game, and so they quit. Why play a game that cannot guarantee that your issues are solved when you encounter them?

3. Unwarranted Unlinking

The unlinking of players' accounts just goes to show how much the management value their clients. No player would want to play this game, even when those who have had their accounts unlinked could start playing all over again.

4. Departure of staff to whom we had loyalty to

Many staff who have had a strong fellowship have left, and this is demoralising for the players, who will follow suit. Currently the team is filled with staff who are almost completely new, its as if they've had a purge. The staff who've had things to say and righteous things to do almost always gets replaced when their values clashes with what the management wants, then they are replaced with those who are willing to do the management's bidding - even when they know what the management did was unfavourable. That's why the game doesn't progress - useful opinions or criticisms get silenced.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    Instead of blaming specific persons we need to blame it on their actions and decisions, and circumstances that have led to the downfall of this game

1. Obstinate Administration coupled with manpower crunch

The administration refuses to see the suggestions and viewpoints of players, preferring to label them as "unsuitable", "not well thought out" rather than seeing how the ideas could be incorporated or combined with other ideas to make a concrete measure. They also lack manpower because they'd prefer to pay people gralats rather than hire professionals to run the game (as is the case of more successful games). The gralat payment for admins feels like the kind of money we pay people when we play Monopoly, just that in Graal the monopoly has many more Monopoly players working to bring in real money that mostly don't get paid to them.

2. Ruined credibility and reliability

Ironically, the ticket system that is supposed to solve problems of players is itself a problem. So when players submit a ticket, instead of having one less issue to deal with, they get another one. The long waiting periods for tickets to be reviewed, or not at all, can give the players lots of frustration (even the most patient ones when they don't even get a reply at times). This ruins the confidence of the players in the management of the game, and so they quit. Why play a game that cannot guarantee that your issues are solved when you encounter them?

3. Unwarranted Unlinking

The unlinking of players' accounts just goes to show how much the management value their clients. No player would want to play this game, even when those who have had their accounts unlinked could start playing all over again.

4. Departure of staff to whom we had loyalty to

Many staff who have had a strong fellowship have left, and this is demoralising for the players, who will follow suit. Currently the team is filled with staff who are almost completely new, its as if they've had a purge. The staff who've had things to say and righteous things to do almost always gets replaced when their values clashes with what the management wants, then they are replaced with those who are willing to do the management's bidding - even when they know what the management did was unfavourable. That's why the game doesn't progress - useful opinions or criticisms get silenced.
    1. I wanna point out some more, because most of these things cannot be said as it would count as leaking. While I agree with what you said regarding having paid professionals, I don't know if Graal era makes enough money to compensate for having a full team (hence why, like I had mentioned before, it is hard to find people who will dedicate enough time to the game). The only thing for developers in the game that's valuable is experience. Because believe me that I forget about the reward most times. If there is a better reward system then maybe it would get more people going.

2. Only very very figure ups know about this system, it is a whole different team on its own as far as I know. We have spoken about it before, and it is a problem that we have been trying to find the solution to.

3. Same as last point, we don't know anything about unlinkings. But I heard that some people were able to resolve their problems, I just think some people go about it the wrong way. There was a thread here in fact to help some people get their accounts back.

4. I don't know how to see this, I get it that some of the admins everyone loved left, but to be quite honest some of us have to rebuild somethings that we were left with (with a bad reputation that most don't even deserve). Former admins didn't have to deal with people getting tired of pking and basing (honestly some has been the same since 2013, aside from new guns and layouts), now the current admins have to come up with new events, new scripts, new everything to please the people who were left tired of the same thing every day. Because recycled events have been a thing since before mass resignation, I was there, I remember it too. Imagine when someone comes in to a half done essay full of typos and grammar spelling. That's how it felt when I got hired late 2017. Also we do talk about stuff that's been shared in the forums, countless times. We always talk about players ideas but again some of these things take time, adapting to releasing so much content not only is inhumane and wrong. It will only end up with rushed releases everyone will be done with within hours. I would rather take proper time with a project and put a lot of effort on it then release, and I am sure a lot of people would love that.

For years recycling events have been a thing, I don't know why people think it is something new. We have already spoken about many problems (the ones i mentioned included), and we are trying to fix things but these things, once again, take time to be noticed by players and also time to be done. If you want something I just ask for patience, we DO listen. We are not robots lol, we can only work so much a day.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    3. Unwarranted Unlinking

There are times when I feel that Lyk is completely out of touch with what's going on with the community, but he nailed it with this point.

I usually don't get money to spend on video games, so when I do, I'm rather cautious about where I should spend it, and the memory of people being unlinked out of nowhere without warning really killed any chance iEra had of being considered for a microtransaction.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".