Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Take a look at this picture...

Damn Tzar always stepping on the little man, huh?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Soldier
    The game is competitive. It's all about rising to the top at the expense of someone else's loss, as is the case with every other competitive game ever made. The game is literally based on gang warfare.. I'm not sure why you're trying to find a fix for something intentional.
    Feel free to pm me with any questions or concerns.

Tax people who kill mushroom pickers
    Any questions?
    pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Shq View Post
    The game is competitive. It's all about rising to the top at the expense of someone else's loss, as is the case with every other competitive game ever made. The game is literally based on gang warfare.. I'm not sure why you're trying to find a fix for something intentional.
    Its not about eliminating competition. There will still be competition, bit now competition is more fair.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LYK08; 06-03-2019 at 11:29 PM.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

We could send mushroom pickers to a ranch, where there could be bubble blowing, butterfly catching and mushroom picking. A no pk area.

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Related to Players
    Isn't the entire point of the game to, y'know, kill people? I don't see a problem with killing "newbies" to get resources, survival of the fittest. They're new and if they want to grasp the most enjoyment out of the game they need to learn the best possible strategies to play and earn efficiently.

AZN (Sent from my iPhone)
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

Quote Originally Posted by AZN View Post
    Isn't the entire point of the game to, y'know, kill people? I don't see a problem with killing "newbies" to get resources, survival of the fittest. They're new and if they want to grasp the most enjoyment out of the game they need to learn the best possible strategies to play and earn efficiently.

Not every newbie can take that kind of difficulty. Now with a more competitive environment, many just struggle and soon quit.

There can still be killing, but when it comes to resources there needs to be a level playing field because both the pros and newbies go around searching for resources and if a newbie reaches one earlier, he should get it. Its not supoosed to be that the newbie reaches first but doesnt get the resources because he was killed. That's not fair because the pro has a weapon that vastly outpowers the noob.

I kinda see this as a form of armed robbery because there is a power imbalance which comes at the cost of newbies.

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    Not every newbie can take that kind of difficulty. Now with a more competitive environment, many just struggle and soon quit.

There can still be killing, but when it comes to resources there needs to be a level playing field because both the pros and newbies go around searching for resources and if a newbie reaches one earlier, he should get it. Its not supoosed to be that the newbie reaches first but doesnt get the resources because he was killed. That's not fair because the pro has a weapon that vastly outpowers the noob.

I kinda see this as a form of armed robbery because there is a power imbalance which comes at the cost of newbies.

Exactly. When you're searching for resources, you may find it first but that doesn't necessarily mean you're now guaranteed to get it. That's what makes the game what it is, regardless of whether or not it's unfair, and stripping the game of one of it's most important elements (competition) for an issue so small is bound to have more people upset than to begin with.

If you're that dedicated to Era you're willing to invest enough time into collecting sellables to make a decision on whether or not you want to quit because of the amount of basing nerds killing you 24/7 then you must be pretty unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by AZN View Post
    Exactly. When you're searching for resources, you may find it first but that doesn't necessarily mean you're now guaranteed to get it. That's what makes the game what it is, regardless of whether or not it's unfair, and stripping the game of one of it's most important elements (competition) for an issue so small is bound to have more people upset than to begin with.

If you're that dedicated to Era you're willing to invest enough time into collecting sellables to make a decision on whether or not you want to quit because of the amount of basing nerds killing you 24/7 then you must be pretty unlucky.

There seem to be an inherent assumption that no killing = no competition. That's not true. The players are still competing to see reaches the resources first. If I reach it first, then it should belong to me. Why should someone who reaches later get the item because he killed me? It's not fair competition.

That's like saying in a race, because a person is ahead of me so I decide to gun him down so I could be first.

The point about the game is killing yes, there will still be killing. Pkers can still pk at nonpk zones and bases.

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    There seem to be an inherent assumption that no killing = no competition. That's not true. The players are still competing to see reaches the resources first. If I reach it first, then it should belong to me. Why should someone who reaches later get the item because he killed me? It's not fair competition.

The point about the game is killing yes, there will still be killing. Pkers can still pk at nonpk zones and bases.
    That's not competition, that's what competition looks like. If a player reaches the, say trash or mushrooms first and another pro sees it, they're going to use things like gym/VIP speed boost or faster harvesting tools to get the resources before the noob can. You're trying to make the concept of collecting sellables easier for the noob, and yet you're also ignoring the other issues that arise from that.