Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Take a look at this picture...

Take a look at this picture...

Take a look at the picture. What comes to mind?

Oh, its just a guy attacking another player with a weapon. Its just another pker trying to get kills.

Its not as simple as it seems. This is Class Struggle, one in which a more powerful and superior class pitting against the weaker class. It signifies Era's society, a population of might against a population of vulnerability. This is Era's socially accepted class struggle - and its an issue I'll tell you why in the following paragraphs.

The reason why Era Society normalises such an event in the competition of scarce resources was not because its encouraged, but because they chose not do anything about it. The weak are outpowered in their attempt to gain resources that they could use to acquire strength by those who have been resourcefully endowed.

Its an issue because this class struggle alienates new players. Newbies come into the game finding themselves against a powerful class that they , regardless of skills, struggle with surviving from. For example, you can never expect a noob with a starter knife killing a player armed with a chemical gun - its a fact we all need to accept. That is class struggle.

Its an issue because Era Society remains divided by it - a division on the basis of class. Those who are more resourceful and powerful stand a higher chance of getting ahead than those who are weak. To illustrate this, take for example, a newbie wants a bar gun while a player who owns an M4 wants a minigun. Both players go around era competing for mushrooms and trash, and the one with M4 got more of the resources because he could kill the newbie fast enough before the resources are taken by the newbie.

Era society needs to rethinking what it deems as "normal" or socially acceptable - do we want an environment of the strong oppressing the weak, of a divided society competing unfairly for resources? Where has fairness gone to in Era society? This fairness is crucially needed if there is going to be more players, because no one likes being oppressed by a more powerful class.

We need to end this class struggle, we need policies that protect the weak and the noobs, we need to have fairness in the game.

"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs." -Karl Marx

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

The solution to the “weaker” class to over come the “more resourceful/powerful” is to Get Good. Do you think that the “more powerful” players began the game by being more powerful? no, they simply found out the more effective way of playing/surviving the game (which would be the playing style you adopt to grow in the game which is suitable/easier to you) to overcome those who are above them.
    Yes new players will have a harder time gathering trash/mushrooms but you do know there are at least 5 other jobs where you are not exposed to pkers or players who can dominate/exclude you from doing the job (where as you say “competing unfairly for resources” is nonexistent), and those are the jobs you do until you have built a defense for the jobs where you need to be on the offensive. But if the new player insists in doing only the hard jobs then they will learn how to avoid/survive against any offender troubling him from pasts experiences (thats how you learn survival skills y’know?)
    and hey its a competitive game so its society is like any other competitive games where the strong will always triumph over the weak/new players, its undoubtable that there will be “class struggle”/“class division” so as much as you think that the current era society is oppressive to new players, you can’t expect that to change with non-competitive ideals for a competitive game which would be unfair to the experienced players who overcame such struggles if you make it easier on new players.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloDavis View Post
    The solution to the “weaker” class to over come the “more resourceful/powerful” is to Get Good. Do you think that the “more powerful” players began the game by being more powerful? no, they simply found out the more effective way of playing/surviving the game (which would be the playing style you adopt to grow in the game which is suitable/easier to you) to overcome those who are above them.
    Yes new players will have a harder time gathering trash/mushrooms but you do know there are at least 5 other jobs where you are not exposed to pkers or players who can dominate/exclude you from doing the job (where as you say “competing unfairly for resources” is nonexistent), and those are the jobs you do until you have built a defense for the jobs where you need to be on the offensive. But if the new player insists in doing only the hard jobs then they will learn how to avoid/survive against any offender troubling him from pasts experiences (thats how you learn survival skills y’know?)
    and hey its a competitive game so its society is like any other competitive games where the strong will always triumph over the weak/new players, its undoubtable that there will be “class struggle”/“class division” so as much as you think that the current era society is oppressive to new players, you can’t expect that to change with non-competitive ideals for a competitive game which would be unfair to the experienced players who overcame such struggles if you make it easier on new players.
    You do have to know that the player base increase so its increasingly harder to get good because it harder to get resources.

Last time when there were only 800 plus players on at any one time its easy to get access to the resources but now its not.

every morning (from a -4h timezone) the player base is always below 900 so no, the player base has not increased, even with this new year and this is me thinking back from when i first began playing in 2012 where the norm was 3k-4k players online and now at most i’ve seen is 1.5k-1.8k (which has been like this since at least 2017) at peak hours, during the morning hours the resources you mention are not scarce at all and this is from the school semester view point, during summer yeah there will be more active players and yeah the trash/mushrooms will be scarce but like i mentioned before there are other jobs players can devote to, so you’re only narrowing your job viewpoint onto one out of 7+ (digging, pizzas, car missions, mail delivery, flowers, fishing, grape crushing, mining)

Everyone had to learn about the game at one point. If you look at some guy who has 10,000 hours you can't just assume he knew exactly what to do from the start. With many video games, you start off for a long time not knowing what to do. Of course you'll have people with a better advantage than you because they've played longer, but that's just life I guess.

If you look at it like this, who would get an A on a geometry exam: A 1st grader or a 10th grader?

The 10th grader would because he's had a lot of time to learn. On the other hand, the 1st grader wouldn't because he hasn't had enough time to learn yet. So overall, Graal is just a place where it all takes time to learn

Quote Originally Posted by Lapiz View Post
    Everyone had to learn about the game at one point. If you look at some guy who has 10,000 hours you can't just assume he knew exactly what to do from the start. With many video games, you start off for a long time not knowing what to do. Of course you'll have people with a better advantage than you because they've played longer, but that's just life I guess.

If you look at it like this, who would get an A on a geometry exam: A 1st grader or a 10th grader?

The 10th grader would because he's had a lot of time to learn. On the other hand, the 1st grader wouldn't because he hasn't had enough time to learn yet. So overall, Graal is just a place where it all takes time to learn
    Tax players with more knowledge

Leveler

This.

You can't just be spawned in the game and given advantages or anything anyone else has had to work hundreds if not thousands of hours for.
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post
    This.

You can't just be spawned in the game and given advantages or anything anyone else has had to work hundreds if not thousands of hours for.
    But its also not fair being in an environment thats more harsh than those who worked hundred of houts for in the past. We need to adapt the system to its circumstances.

I know it takes time to learn and I'm not saying that it doesn't or that we are making it easier for newbies.

Newbies will take the same time to learn as the older players, only if we have measures to moderate the environment. If not its going to take longer for newbies to learn, which is not fair. Its nit because they dont want but because they simply cannot - a newbie trying to save for 10k gralats now experiences more challenges than the older players because theres increased competition and increased Pkers with more powerful weapon. Its not fair to these new players, which is why many quit if its too demoralising.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloDavis View Post
    every morning (from a -4h timezone) the player base is always below 900 so no, the player base has not increased, even with this new year and this is me thinking back from when i first began playing in 2012 where the norm was 3k-4k players online and now at most i’ve seen is 1.5k-1.8k (which has been like this since at least 2017) at peak hours, during the morning hours the resources you mention are not scarce at all and this is from the school semester view point, during summer yeah there will be more active players and yeah the trash/mushrooms will be scarce but like i mentioned before there are other jobs players can devote to, so you’re only narrowing your job viewpoint onto one out of 7+ (digging, pizzas, car missions, mail delivery, flowers, fishing, grape crushing, mining)
    I know there are other jobs. But consider this: each and every job has its limits. Digging takes up some space and theres only that much space before it gets overcrowded, same for mining and pizza.
    Flowers are nonprofitable so few will do it.

Profitable jobs have higher conpetition.

Car jobs require you to own a car, so its going to be costly to start doing it because you have to buy a car. Then again trying to get a car mission can mean falling victim to pkers or rivals when grabbibg the mission guy.