Having autism is difficult. I am gay to and it's not hard at all. Being autistic is like being black before MLK jr. I really look up to MLK because he made things better for a minority group, sadly, folks with autism will never be treated as equals. 35% of people with autism ages 19-23 haven't had a job or higher education. I have tried and failed. I am homeless and unable to work as a result of my autism and hang with those in the same shoes. It causes lack of empathy and I am very considerate of others feelings, but I can't see emotion in others. I only see emotion in myself. I can be mean as a result of the disconnect that autism causes. It causes me to put more emphasis on the emotions I feel rather than caring about you. I have trouble grasping reality so I have obsessive behaviors. I have trouble with being able to self motivate and internalizing. Meaning that you can't teach me to have a morning routine or to take care of myself. Some one has to take care of me. Most people know nothing about autism, only 1% of people have it. I really wish this wasn't a struggle that we, people of autism have to face, but we do. People take every chance they get to take advantage of your disability. I am always treated as a bad guy regardless of whether I am or not. I just wish ti be understood when that isn't a possibility. Thank you.Flaps away

- - - Updated - - -

Grahfix sent this to me.