Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AutismSpeaks

AutismSpeaks

Having autism is difficult. I am gay to and it's not hard at all. Being autistic is like being black before MLK jr. I really look up to MLK because he made things better for a minority group, sadly, folks with autism will never be treated as equals. 35% of people with autism ages 19-23 haven't had a job or higher education. I have tried and failed. I am homeless and unable to work as a result of my autism and hang with those in the same shoes. It causes lack of empathy and I am very considerate of others feelings, but I can't see emotion in others. I only see emotion in myself. I can be mean as a result of the disconnect that autism causes. It causes me to put more emphasis on the emotions I feel rather than caring about you. I have trouble grasping reality so I have obsessive behaviors. I have trouble with being able to self motivate and internalizing. Meaning that you can't teach me to have a morning routine or to take care of myself. Some one has to take care of me. Most people know nothing about autism, only 1% of people have it. I really wish this wasn't a struggle that we, people of autism have to face, but we do. People take every chance they get to take advantage of your disability. I am always treated as a bad guy regardless of whether I am or not. I just wish ti be understood when that isn't a possibility. Thank you.Flaps away

- - - Updated - - -

Grahfix sent this to me.

You'll always have someone to talk as long as i'm around! Sometimes to struggle is a lesson but don't struggle alone!!
    Last edited by Lights Canavi; 06-03-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Is there a correlation between autism and homosexuliaty?

A little bit late, but I know the feeling of just wanting someone to talk to, not understanding why the other person/people can't just leave you alone, and insist on pounding on something that you had no control over.
    And guess what? Instead of helping you out, they just push you into a deeper, darker corner, expecting you to be fine.

When Grahfix wasn't banned, we used to talk here and there, tell him that I send my regards.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Related to Players
    As a part of many minority groups myself (the major one being race) I get how it feels to feel like your piers are constantly discriminating you because of who you are, but you got to keep on remembering that there is a community and people out there for you who would be willing to listen and support you through these hard times.

I wish you the best, and I hope you feel welcomed and comfortable in our community despite some of the people.

AZN (Sent from my iPhone)
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    I think the entire point of the post was to express their feelings on feeling discriminated because of their traits.

AZN (Sent from my iPhone)
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    I would say yes. People with autism are likely a lot more sensitive to chemicals and such in processed foods, increasing the risk of homosexuality, bisexuality, asexuality and transgenderism. Another reason could be since we don’t have the same social needs that most people do, we don’t feel embarrassed about our sexuality/gender expression. This is likely why you’ll find a lot of flamboyant autistic men, and a lot of masculine austitic women.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    I would say yes. People with autism are likely a lot more sensitive to chemicals and such in processed foods, increasing the risk of homosexuality, bisexuality, asexuality and transgenderism. Another reason could be since we don’t have the same social needs that most people do, we don’t feel embarrassed about our sexuality/gender expression. This is likely why you’ll find a lot of flamboyant autistic men, and a lot of masculine austitic women.
    You guys should look up facts not the forums, this is how misinformation spreads and further proves grahfix's point also it offends others on the SPECTRUM if autism...

Sent from my RCT6K03W13 using Tapatalk

Since your post is blowing up, I'm going to say no. I've met three people in real life who've been diagnosed with austim and they've all been heterosexual. (One of them was my math teacher).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding, homosexuality is caused when the child-making (not gonna the s word) hormones go off when one sees his side of the child-making process instead of the other side. This can be fixed with therapy, while autism just makes you act weird and just stays with you. Therefore, since one can change but the other can't, I'm going to say no correlation.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by Lights Canavi View Post
    You guys should look up facts not the forums, this is how misinformation spreads and further proves grahfix's point also it offends others on the SPECTRUM if autism...

Sent from my RCT6K03W13 using Tapatalk
    An autistic person offending themselves?

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."