Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Riot Park

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    Was it too subtle for comprehension? And no, you're wrong.
    Not all staff are needed to 'moderate' both forums and game unless entitled both roles.
    Even if they barge in just to oversee the community's posts, they're just treated as members of the forum and not actual staff.
    No, AZN has a point, as high staff are given special privileges here, if I recall what Reno said correctly.

Also, as side note, I recommend people use the Forums as the Mods here are relaxed and calm, as Blitz just comes in here and there to close threads, with Grief Hero and Minho doing the same. The only time when we had things up tight, was with Kieran and Xiang, but Kieran hasn't logged on in months and Xiang disappeared for some reason. So, I think that here's better than some riot in a park.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    No, AZN has a point, as high staff are given special privileges here, if I recall what Reno said correctly.

Also, as side note, I recommend people use the Forums as the Mods here are relaxed and calm, as Blitz just comes in here and there to close threads, with Grief Hero and Minho doing the same. The only time when we had things up tight, was with Kieran and Xiang, but Kieran hasn't logged on in months and Xiang disappeared for some reason. So, I think that here's better than some riot in a park.
    You need to provide an elaborated point of view of what kind of riot can be created and its purpose for doing so.
    As of now right anything can be said and people won’t like it despite there being absolute truth in a statement (a good example is the staff team).

Also I can’t fathom this ‘special privilege’ for high staff as there are flaws in the authority granting system.

You need to provide an elaborated point of view of what kind of riot can be created and its purpose for doing so.
    As of now right anything can be said and people won’t like it despite there being absolute truth in a statement (a good example is the staff team).

Also I can’t fathom this ‘special privilege’ for high staff as there are flaws in the authority granting system.
    I never said anything about a riot, Star. All I said that it would be better to share ideas here, on the Forums, as the Mod Team here are more relaxed than ever.

And on the manners of special privilege, I was told that high staff have powers, even if they aren't Mods, because you were all over AZN for it.

I never said anything about a riot, Star. All I said that it would be better to share ideas here, on the Forums, as the Mod Team here are more relaxed than ever.

And on the manners of special privilege, I was told that high staff have powers, even if they aren't Mods, because you were all over AZN for it.
    Honestly speaking the thing about this game is between two big issues. Its about community participation in the management of the game Vs the corporate goals of the game.

The reason why they are so many censors about staff team etc is to preserve the legitimacy of the management, so that the profit objectives could be achieved.

However, doing so comes at the expense of community engagement because unhappiness and player involvement get stifled. That's why they say we aren't allowed to discuss unlinkings etc, or even know about admin firings etc (a gross lack of transparency)

A good game will strike a good balance between both community engagement and profit objective.

The ISSUE with this game is the myopic overemphasis of the profit objective. That's why they don't hire professionals to do the scripting, game development etc and rely on volunteers. This is to cut costs. They also stifle community engagement with issues such as unlinking to ensure that players continue to make microtransactions.

All of these are bringing the game to a doom because the issues faced by players go unresolved, they are not allowed to voice their unhappiness. The players are alienated , especially when the game doesnt develop in the way they will be contented with. And the reason why they don't get the developmemts they like boils down to the lack of community engagement as well as the lack of quality staff who work because they are paid with real currencies.

The forum is dead not because players do not want to comment, in fact there are hundreds of visitors to the forums (mostly guests) , but because they already established that nothing they say will be listened to. Just look at the number of people who complained about the unlinkings, their threads get deleted and some got banned.

Sure, its not wrong to focus on the profits as with any other business, but a business is only as successful as its client relations.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Don't blame it on rival games like Cor L., don't blame it on school. How the administration runs the game is increasingly evident.

The issue is with the way the game is run, and that's the root of every single issue we face.

I don't know how corrupt the staff team is, but I do know its undermanned by staff who are working voluntarily with no real monetary incentive.

The game has to learn to do away with its profit objectives for once because a game relying upon volunteers is not going to be sustainable. Maybe it could take them through a few updates, but its never as secure as if you were to hire paid professionals.

I made a suggestion on newspapers weeks ago and till now I have yet to recieve a reply nor any evidence that things bace changed despite it being brought up. This is the way the game is run.

Which is why i suggested the riot park. This is to encourage commubity participation. If we can't get the audience on forums, then do it in game.

If we can't get them in the Forums, what's to say that we can round them up for one, tiny event?

If we can't get them in the Forums, what's to say that we can round them up for one, tiny event?
    Its in game

Banned
    The idea itself is pretty flawed even if it's done meticulously. There is no prospect of the staff team actually listening to players be it on every platform suggested.
    Look at the number of threads that were created with players providing a substantial amount of materials on board and yet left to rot after a few days.
    Barely any consideration or feedback was given by the staff who are to uphold the right roles.

I can't say about how the term 'feedback' is defined by the admins but apparently, it tells the community about the contribution threshold and pace.

In the past the community engagement was much higher - the admins were receptive to opinions.

Take for example, Kirzey's Update wishes thread or SNK's thread on the number of people jailed for different offences. All these minor attempts at engagement is what the current administration badly failed to do. It actually means a lot to the players because it tells them that they are being heard and engaged.

Now if you were to look at the threads, you'll realise the admins have gone on to be purely administrative. If theres any hirings, okay, they'll make a thread upload a link get players to put in and that's it. You don't see HW making threads or posting on threads, its like a top-down administration of the game whose outreach to players are at best shallow.

Maybe Junz will come on once in a while to look at threads, comment "Its not a well thought out idea. Thread closed." Okay, to see it in an optimistic light, that's some kind of engagement, but after so much abuse suffered by the players they've lost the willingness to be proactive in communicating - except for a few hardheaded ones.

Then again, these admins are volunteers, I can't blame them fully for it.

Then not to mention the mass resignation. Staff who contributed were just resigning because the administration took on a less cooperative stance and some of the staff who left got banned etc, its just to frighten off all other potential good staff. For all you know there were competent staff looking to be admins but after seeing how their predecessors are treated, who wouldn't reconsider their options

My goal is to revive the community's proactiveness in discussing their ideas, which is why the idea. I know its flawed I know it has limitations I know the game has got a crippled administration.

The idea itself is pretty flawed even if it's done meticulously. There is no prospect of the staff team actually listening to players be it on every platform suggested.
    Look at the number of threads that were created with players providing a substantial amount of materials on board and yet left to rot after a few days.
    Barely any consideration or feedback was given by the staff who are to uphold the right roles.

I can't say about how the term 'feedback' is defined by the admins but apparently, it tells the community about the contribution threshold and pace.
    I get your point, but I think that the Forums might be a little bit better, as the post won't disappear with time, versus the in-game option, as the in-game one would only last for a few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    In the past the community engagement was much higher - the admins were receptive to opinions.

Take for example, Kirzey's Update wishes thread or SNK's thread on the number of people jailed for different offences. All these minor attempts at engagement is what the current administration badly failed to do. It actually means a lot to the players because it tells them that they are being heard and engaged.

Now if you were to look at the threads, you'll realise the admins have gone on to be purely administrative. If theres any hirings, okay, they'll make a thread upload a link get players to put in and that's it. You don't see HW making threads or posting on threads, its like a top-down administration of the game whose outreach to players are at best shallow.

Maybe Junz will come on once in a while to look at threads, comment "Its not a well thought out idea. Thread closed." Okay, to see it in an optimistic light, that's some kind of engagement, but after so much abuse suffered by the players they've lost the willingness to be proactive in communicating - except for a few hardheaded ones.

Then again, these admins are volunteers, I can't blame them fully for it.

Then not to mention the mass resignation. Staff who contributed were just resigning because the administration took on a less cooperative stance and some of the staff who left got banned etc, its just to frighten off all other potential good staff. For all you know there were competent staff looking to be admins but after seeing how their predecessors are treated, who wouldn't reconsider their options

My goal is to revive the community's proactiveness in discussing their ideas, which is why the idea. I know its flawed I know it has limitations I know the game has got a crippled administration.

Hold on for a bit, games go up and down in their life cycle.