Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Job interdependency

Job interdependency

To curb the issue of lack of a variety of jobs and overcrowding of some jobs, i suggest we have job interdependency.

Lets take speedy pizza for example.

We should have the materials to make a pizza, like the ingredients, the wooden peals produced by separate factories around the game. Players are to supply these items to all the different speedy pizza chains and get some money (like posting a letter). The quantities supplied would determine the amount of pizzas that can be made. This means, no supplies=no pizza.

In the event of overcrowding at speedy pizza, it would deplete the supplies faster, so making pizza becomes less profitable as it doesnt pay much without the toppings. This pushes more players to go into being a supply deliverymen as supplying would then become profitable. In the long run, there would be equilibrium in which the number of people supplying=number of people making pizzas so there would not be overcrowding anywhere and it also ensures that the jobs are equally taken up by players.

We could extend this job dependency to other jobs, such as shovel delivery to the shops, fishing rod delivery and production, drill and batteries delivery, etc.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Supply = travel, travel = get pk, get pk = give up, give up = no pizza, no pizza = no gralats, no gralats = player complaint.

Lyk = Government secret spy.
    It's better to spend year perfecting yourself than spending weeks trying to be someone else.

IGN: Derpy Lune
    I like writing story on the spot when i am bored.
    Era-Go give me the chances to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyLune View Post
    Supply = travel, travel = get pk, get pk = give up, give up = no pizza, no pizza = no gralats, no gralats = player complaint.

Lyk = Government secret spy.
    I dont see how that makes sense...every other job has a risk of getting pked.

You are just presenting a slippery slope.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    I think this would just cause people to not do speedy pizzas anymore. Let's just leave it as it is.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJimmy View Post
    I think this would just cause people to not do speedy pizzas anymore. Let's just leave it as it is.
    Why not? If people go to work as suppliers, the speedy pizza will start to get more profitable as theres more ingredients. Some people would then move to join speedy pizza. Its a self sustaining cycle that balances out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    Why not? If people go to work as suppliers, the speedy pizza will start to get more profitable as theres more ingredients. Some people would then move to join speedy pizza. Its a self sustaining cycle that balances out eventually.

The point of jobs is to make money. Trust me no one wants to be the delivery boy whether it involves the frustration of pkers or not. Even though it may make jobs more profitable, it's just makes it more complicated. People just want to dig, make pizzas, etc. There's no need to add this. Because what if no one wants to be the delivery person? Then there's no supplies. Then what happens? No money. It should stay unlimited. Unfortunately, some things on Era are expensive, and not everyone is willing to use real money to buy things. In my opinion, this would frustrate people rather than make it a way to make jobs more profitable.

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,

I dont see how that makes sense...every other job has a risk of getting pked.

You are just presenting a slippery slope.

There have been times where I quit taxi missions because of PKers. What Derpy is saying isn't farfetched.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJimmy View Post
    The point of jobs is to make money. Trust me no one wants to be the delivery boy whether it involves the frustration of pkers or not. Even though it may make jobs more profitable, it's just makes it more complicated. People just want to dig, make pizzas, etc. There's no need to add this. Because what if no one wants to be the delivery person? Then there's no supplies. Then what happens? No money. It should stay unlimited. Unfortunately, some things on Era are expensive, and not everyone is willing to use real money to buy things. In my opinion, this would frustrate people rather than make it a way to make jobs more profitable.
    There would not be such a case that no one wants to do the delivery. People are motivated by profits and if they want the profits and they know that the delivery is a step to that they will do it.

If the money earned from delivery is more than pizza, they will do delivery.

When money earned from pizza=delivery they choose either

When money earned from pizza> delivery, they choose pizza.

Realise that if there is more or less money earned from doing one thing to other, there would be a change in jobs. So if suddenly more people start doing delivery, there would be more supplies and pizza would become more profitable. Vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    There have been times where I quit taxi missions because of PKers. What Derpy is saying isn't farfetched.
    But its a slippery slope argument.

There would not be such a case that no one wants to do the delivery. People are motivated by profits and if they want the profits and they know that the delivery is a step to that they will do it.

If the money earned from delivery is more than pizza, they will do delivery.

When money earned from pizza=delivery they choose either

When money earned from pizza> delivery, they choose pizza.

Realise that if there is more or less money earned from doing one thing to other, there would be a change in jobs. So if suddenly more people start doing delivery, there would be more supplies and pizza would become more profitable. Vice-versa.

I understand what you're trying to say. But, have you been on Era recently? Or ever? People want money in the simplest fashion. Buying it, or making it. There are going to be times where people don't want to do deliveries. TRUST ME. Not everyone is that motivated. People want things to be SIMPLE. I enjoy doing pizzas just the way it is. Adding this feature is just a pain, and knowing that I've done pizzas, digging, or any sort of money making method a lot in the past, this would definitely make things more frustrating. If people get too frustrated to make money the hard way, they'll take the easy way out and go buy it. Come to think of it, this sounds more like a money grabbing technique.

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,