Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Job interdependency

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJimmy View Post
    I understand what you're trying to say. But, have you been on Era recently? Or ever? People want money in the simplest fashion. Buying it, or making it. There are going to be times where people don't want to do deliveries. TRUST ME. Not everyone is that motivated. People want things to be SIMPLE. I enjoy doing pizzas just the way it is. Adding this feature is just a pain, and knowing that I've done pizzas, digging, or any sort of money making method a lot in the past, this would definitely make things more frustrating. If people get too frustrated to make money the hard way, they'll take the easy way out and go buy it. Come to think of it, this sounds more like a money grabbing technique.
    Apart from doing deliveries they could make the items instead, production of shovels, production of the ingradients. Anything that have interdependency.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    Apart from doing deliveries they could make the items instead, production of shovels, production of the ingradients. Anything that have interdependency.

Look, any sort of interdependence for any job may sound good, but it isn't. People make money because of the SIMPLICITY of it. Pizzas= Dough, ingredients, oven, money. Digging= Buy shovel, dig, money, and so on. People want simple jobs. So even is some people won't mind, we should focus on the people that DO mind. Like I said, not everyone is willing to add a second aspect to the job, as most people would rather do it straight up without having to worry about supply restocking and what not.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJimmy View Post
    Look, any sort of interdependence for any job may sound good, but it isn't. People make money because of the SIMPLICITY of it. Pizzas= Dough, ingredients, oven, money. Digging= Buy shovel, dig, money, and so on. People want simple jobs. So even is some people won't mind, we should focus on the people that DO mind. Like I said, not everyone is willing to add a second aspect to the job, as most people would rather do it straight up without having to worry about supply restocking and what not.
    My idea is still simple. You will still be doing jobs that would encourage you to change job occassionally

A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    My idea is still simple. You will still be doing jobs that would encourage you to change job occassionally

Your idea is not simple. It's creative, but not simple. People do not want to go out to get supplies for things. There's very few people that would ever want to do that, and those are the people that are working to achieve something important to them. But that would get in the way, because why would you want to be that dude that everyone expects to be the delivery boy when you can simply work with an unlimited amount of resources? You're basically anticipating how people would react to this at this point. I've played the game for about 8 or 9 years and I can confidently say that people would not agree with this. There's been a lot of complaints about a variety of changes to the game, and this would just add to that list.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

To curb the issue of lack of a variety of jobs and overcrowding of some jobs, i suggest we have job interdependency.

Lets take speedy pizza for example.

We should have the materials to make a pizza, like the ingredients, the wooden peals produced by separate factories around the game. Players are to supply these items to all the different speedy pizza chains and get some money (like posting a letter). The quantities supplied would determine the amount of pizzas that can be made. This means, no supplies=no pizza.

In the event of overcrowding at speedy pizza, it would deplete the supplies faster, so making pizza becomes less profitable as it doesnt pay much without the toppings. This pushes more players to go into being a supply deliverymen as supplying would then become profitable. In the long run, there would be equilibrium in which the number of people supplying=number of people making pizzas so there would not be overcrowding anywhere and it also ensures that the jobs are equally taken up by players.

We could extend this job dependency to other jobs, such as shovel delivery to the shops, fishing rod delivery and production, drill and batteries delivery, etc.

Firstly, there is already a wide range of jobs in era that players can choose from. Which is not a problem anymore after more jobs like fishing were added.
    Secondly, the overcrowding of jobs is a problem for a very very small scope of jobs, such as pizza. However, most of the other jobs, trash, mush, digging, mails, mining, fishing, grapes are doing fine. There is always a digging spot, you just have to look for it, there is always trash and mush spawning, there is always space for mining and fishing. There is absolutely no need of implementing this idea into graal which will just make things worse in terms of the difficulty and complexity. Just like most of your ideas that you suggested, it will just frustrate players and just make playing a game unenjoyable for most.