Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Bans Q&A

Trade Bans Q&A

So there’s still a lot of trade banning going on iEra. Some with good reason some without real reason. This ban was introduced with a real reason at first now its lightly getting out of hand. I’m speaking for myself and multiple people. I’m taking the time to make this thread in hopes of clarification for the community and myself. Id like some brief answers mainly from staff, but all answers, opinions and even more questions regarding this are welcomed with open arms<3

1. Is this ban permanent for most players?

2. If permanent could we make it a timer based like jails depending on said players offense?

3. If someone is trade banned on an account and they play on the same IP address on a new account will that account get trade banned as well?

4. Could we just make certain items untradeable/locked so trade banned players can still access tables for basic items like food, traps, ect.

5. Some players have been trade banned for scamming, is scamming still legal?

6. Could we give the option of having all tradeables removed in exchange of lifting the ban for some players?

7. Do you think trade banning will damage the Trade Table economy long term wise?

8. Should trade banned players be entitled to a refund on iTunes that has been spent towards tradeable/auction items?

Off topic; but bans like trade tables bans should be incorporated not just in Trade Tables, but all popular activity buildings such as Spar Complex, Event House, Multiplex, Plasma Corp(already has building ban), Astro Club, perhaps maybe even Start Park. There are still plenty of actual toxic players and things like this could actually help out.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Idk much about trading but I’m pretty sure scamming is legal, even though people don’t agree with it. Other than that, I’m not sure. I’d like more info on this too tbh.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

This kind of ban has existed for a while since all iOS servers except Classic use Trade Tables, I believe it came from iZone and OlWest where they experienced similar problems first. They don’t talk about it and that’s a problem, all problems should be addressed fairly for this is a “Player Runned Game” before we end up trashing iEra like all other servers. iEra is the most successful iOS server thanks to all players and staff who have made it what it is today. I’m just trying to provide awareness and potential solutions.

Maybe dont break the rule?

I still dont understand why player wants justice and refund after knowingly breaking the rules.
    From what i know there has been no cases of trade banning for scamming items, only people that have scammed an account and transfer the item has been trade banned.
    It's better to spend year perfecting yourself than spending weeks trying to be someone else.

IGN: Derpy Lune
    I like writing story on the spot when i am bored.
    Era-Go give me the chances to do so.

I’ve seen pictures of other players accounts that are trade banned, it says something like “You are temporarily not allowed to trade items!” So it has to be temporary right? Either that or staff wants to hide something else maybe a trade update ?

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyLune View Post
    Maybe dont break the rule?

I still dont understand why player wants justice and refund after knowingly breaking the rules.
    From what i know there has been no cases of trade banning for scamming items, only people that have scammed an account and transfer the item has been trade banned.

Most RECENT trade bans are for different reasons. When one breaks the rules, they are jailed. That’s how it’s been for years. They cut too much slack on actual toxic players and don’t create other type of bans for people like them. It doesn’t make sense to Trade Ban when the offense is not trading/item related. This isn’t just about me, to this day a small handful of innocent people remain trade banned. It’s been months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpibbgraal View Post
    I’ve seen pictures of other players accounts that are trade banned, it says something like “You are temporarily not allowed to trade items!” So it has to be temporary right? Either that or staff wants to hide something else maybe a trade update ?
    Some staff members have claimed this ban is permanent, but yes that is indeed the message the NPC displays when you grab a table. It is very contradicting.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessTheFall View Post
    Most RECENT trade bans are for different reasons. When one breaks the rules, they are jailed. That’s how it’s been for years. They cut too much slack on actual toxic players and don’t create other type of bans for people like them. It doesn’t make sense to Trade Ban when the offense is not trading/item related. This isn’t just about me, to this day a small handful of innocent people remain trade banned. It’s been months.

- - - Updated - - -

Some staff members have claimed this ban is permanent, but yes that is indeed the message the NPC displays when you grab a table. It is very contradicting.

I hope staff gives the community an answer to the trade ban policy

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpibbgraal View Post
    I hope staff gives the community an answer to the trade ban policy
    Admins seemed to have banned a multitude of people from trading without giving any reason. That’s like getting jailed in real life and never being able to fight your case since you weren’t told what you did wrong.

I just cry and play west now ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suggest for number 6. There should be heftier fines for violating rules of trading.

Scamming of high ticket items should be fined at 150% the price of the item. Say, if I scammed 200k gralats' worth of items, I will be fined 300k gralats.

This is needed to rectify the sore issue of scams that we have allowed to fester for years.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.