Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why corruption isn't that bad afterall

Why corruption isn't that bad afterall

I know this is controversial. Your first response might be something like "wait, what did I just see?"

Before you dismiss this because of its counterintuitivity, hear me out. I'll explain why corruption in game is not what we thought out to be.

First, corruption is a way of leadership. Leadership is about doing the unconventional, of refusing to conform to popular beliefs. Corruption is touted to be highly socially stigmatised by everyone, that I know. But here's the thing, it is highly stigmatised because we don't see the shine in it. Everyone could take a piece of gemstone covered in mud and layers of dirt and dismiss it as it is, or they could peer deeper into it and see where it shines. I choose the latter, obviously. Now, few have the courage to go against these predisposed stigma against corruption, and it is in these few people with a strong cause of going against all odds to achieve something, or to make a difference, that constitutes leadership.

Leadership is something the game sorely lacks, that's why its kinda dying. Sure, we could name some prominent staff contributing to projects in this game and laud them for being great leaders. I wont deny some of them do display leadership, but being a good worker doesn't equal a good leader. These people work and produce the results, that's awesome , but we can't say they are leading. Corruption, while against working principles, is a way of leading (maybe in a less acceptable cause) but yes, it is still leading. If only we could divert these corrupted admins in the right direction, this game will fare way way better than is is. Corruption is a sign of groundbreaking leadership, get that.

Corruption is a uniting force. As I have mentioned, its so socially stigmatised that it becomes of itself a uniting force. Its been a common topic among players, and consenus can be reached on this topic among players who are against one another. This consensus is the key to the social harmony of the community - the bulwark against the evils of toxicity that is increasingly prevalent in the game. Why so? You guessed it, a lack of consensus. The lack of consensus breeds a toxic community, and corruption is one of the few entities that binds each and every one of the players together. Its something we hold dear, that we all stand together against. Corruption makes this community a community, because a community is a group of people with a set of common agreement, the agreement on the matter of corruption.

Corruption doesn't weaken the administration, it strengths it. This is going to shock you, but its true. Corruption forms the foundation of a room for improvement of the administration. That said, it means that the administration is never perfect, because it seeks to get rid of corruption - something they view as an imperfection. It is through attempting to correct these imperfections that pushes the administration to greater heights. Take for example, the firing of a corrupt admin, the administration just got better because a corrupt admin is removed. The administration just learnt who to hire and who not to, its this knowledge that brings the administration betterment. Corruption is a stimulus for improvement.

In fact, without corruption, it breeds inefficiency and poor administration, because then there would not be a need for improving the administration. They become complacent. Just imagine if a company is already good at say, manufacturing, and there is no more flaws, they would not seek to do better their production procedures. So similarly, it is corruption that drives the administration to better standards.

Of course, high levels of corruption is bad, so it still has to be in existent in moderation. It should however, still exist and not be fully eliminated. We need an administration with some level of corruption, if we are going to have better leadership, better administration, and a more cohesive community. All of which the community lacks right now, which partly explains why it is dying.

We need corruption, it is not something that should be entirely eliminated. Afterall, it isn't as bad as we think it to be.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    I know this is controversial. Your first response might be something like "wait, what did I just see?"

Before you dismiss this because of its counterintuitivity, hear me out. I'll explain why corruption in game is not what we thought out to be.

First, corruption is a way of leadership. Leadership is about doing the unconventional, of refusing to conform to popular beliefs. Corruption is touted to be highly socially stigmatised by everyone, that I know. But here's the thing, it is highly stigmatised because we don't see the shine in it. Everyone could take a piece of gemstone covered in mud and layers of dirt and dismiss it as it is, or they could peer deeper into it and see where it shines. I choose the latter, obviously. Now, few have the courage to go against these predisposed stigma against corruption, and it is in these few people with a strong cause of going against all odds to achieve something, or to make a difference, that constitutes leadership.

Leadership is something the game sorely lacks, that's why its kinda dying. Sure, we could name some prominent staff contributing to projects in this game and laud them for being great leaders. I wont deny some of them do display leadership, but being a good worker doesn't equal a good leader. These people work and produce the results, that's awesome , but we can't say they are leading. Corruption, while against working principles, is a way of leading (maybe in a less acceptable cause) but yes, it is still leading. If only we could divert these corrupted admins in the right direction, this game will fare way way better than is is. Corruption is a sign of groundbreaking leadership, get that.

Corruption is a uniting force. As I have mentioned, its so socially stigmatised that it becomes of itself a uniting force. Its been a common topic among players, and consenus can be reached on this topic among players who are against one another. This consensus is the key to the social harmony of the community - the bulwark against the evils of toxicity that is increasingly prevalent in the game. Why so? You guessed it, a lack of consensus. The lack of consensus breeds a toxic community, and corruption is one of the few entities that binds each and every one of the players together. Its something we hold dear, that we all stand together against. Corruption makes this community a community, because a community is a group of people with a set of common agreement, the agreement on the matter of corruption.

Corruption doesn't weaken the administration, it strengths it. This is going to shock you, but its true. Corruption forms the foundation of a room for improvement of the administration. That said, it means that the administration is never perfect, because it seeks to get rid of corruption - something they view as an imperfection. It is through attempting to correct these imperfections that pushes the administration to greater heights. Take for example, the firing of a corrupt admin, the administration just got better because a corrupt admin is removed. The administration just learnt who to hire and who not to, its this knowledge that brings the administration betterment. Corruption is a stimulus for improvement.

In fact, without corruption, it breeds inefficiency and poor administration, because then there would not be a need for improving the administration. They become complacent. Just imagine if a company is already good at say, manufacturing, and there is no more flaws, they would not seek to do better their production procedures. So similarly, it is corruption that drives the administration to better standards.

Of course, high levels of corruption is bad, so it still has to be in existent in moderation. It should however, still exist and not be fully eliminated. We need an administration with some level of corruption, if we are going to have better leadership, better administration, and a more cohesive community. All of which the community lacks right now, which partly explains why it is dying.

We need corruption, it is not something that should be entirely eliminated. Afterall, it isn't as bad as we think it to be.

- Corruption is not a form of leadership, the corrupt admin will only think about his own benefits.
    - Admins are hated, and you want them to be corrupt? Create more toxicity?
    - Corruption is inevitable, but it can be reduced with the appropriate punishments (Permanent ban to the player)
    -All corruption, however minimal is, always going to be bad, and mostly it will never benefit other people….

Didn't corruption kill millions of people in the Soviet Union, or something like that?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Lyk why do u talk like a politician? Lol it’s counterintuitive btw not counterintuivity. So to correct you, it’s, “Before I dismiss you because it is counterintuitive...”
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleJimmy View Post
    Lyk why do u talk like a politician? Lol it’s counterintuitive btw not counterintuivity.
    Lyk is mainly out of touch with the community and leads a real life (something I honestly wish I could do) so that's why he talks and thinks differently.

AZN (Sent from my iPhone)
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZN View Post
    Lyk is mainly out of touch with the community and leads a real life (something I honestly wish I could do) so that's why he talks and thinks differently.

AZN (Sent from my iPhone)
    Thats kind of why I don’t fully agree with most of his ideas/statements. I don’t think he fully understands the community and how we see things. I think he focuses too much on his own opinion and how he views things rather than speaking as someone that’s actively part of the community. No offense to him, though, he has the right to acknowledge his own opinions.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

I thought I was nuanced enough about this topic if corruption

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Didn't corruption kill millions of people in the Soviet Union, or something like that?
    Most of these deaths in Soviet Union occurred due to political persecution, especially during the adminstraions of Stalin, Kruschev and Brejnev through NKVD.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    I thought I was nuanced enough about this topic if corruption

I am going to shut you down for no reason because corruption allows me do to so.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmY1809 View Post
    Most of these deaths in Soviet Union occurred due to political persecution, especially during the adminstraions of Stalin, Kruschev and Brejnev through NKVD.
    The Russians should have listened to Lenin when he warned them about Stalin, huh?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    I am going to shut you down for no reason because corruption allows me do to so.

The Russians should have listened to Lenin when he warned them about Stalin, huh?
    That's leadership