Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Mine Macros And Nothing Being Done About Them

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapiz View Post
    I think this was on West. Maybe what we can do is make it to where rocks fall down every now and then and it causes your character to take damage.

How it works:

Every 2 mins - 3.5 mins rocks will fall down (Keep in mind, this time is different for every other player). Every time rocks fall down your character takes 5 damage. The animation you'll have is just like any other when you get damaged. This animation and damage will affect every player using macros and make it nearly impossible for them to do it anymore.

What are your thoughts on this? Let me know
    Doesn't this already happen on iEra?

I started mining a few days ago and after maybe an hour I got an on-screen alert telling me that I had 60 seconds to escape the mine or else it would collapse on top of me.

AZN (Sent from my iPhone)
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by DerpyLune View Post
    The higher up should pay more attention to this issue, well if Junz have time he can contact me, i have decent proof of Shilo marco such as when her Macro got jailed all her alt and main name Shilo got jailed aswell ( With the same reason all at the same time ). Solid pic proof Hmu.
    I don't think staff accepts picture proof anymore.

AZN (Sent from my iPhone)
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyLune View Post
    The higher up should pay more attention to this issue, well if Junz have time he can contact me, i have decent proof of Shilo marco such as when her Macro got jailed all her alt and main name Shilo got jailed aswell ( With the same reason all at the same time ). Solid pic proof Hmu.
    Can I see?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Apparently seems that macroing is okay for admins I have been 2 days reporting this guy and no jail or anything he is always in the Wiluna mining cave

https://m.imgur.com/a/H0wwKad

Quote Originally Posted by Condealx View Post
    Apparently seems that macroing is okay for admins I have been 2 days reporting this guy and no jail or anything he is always in the Wiluna mining cave

https://m.imgur.com/a/H0wwKad
    Maybe he’s not hacking

Tell an online staff about it, the staff will pull the player away from his position.

If he still keep on mining on the pulled spot mindlessly, bam there you have it, macro.
    It's better to spend year perfecting yourself than spending weeks trying to be someone else.

IGN: Derpy Lune
    I like writing story on the spot when i am bored.
    Era-Go give me the chances to do so.

You guys have tried mining right? Because there are cave collapses like every 5 rocks mined and it takes like 2 mins to mine one rock. Mining is in no way profitable until the higher levels which takes a considerable amount of grinding.
    Era since 2011

^ Macro user are normally around level 100
    It's better to spend year perfecting yourself than spending weeks trying to be someone else.

IGN: Derpy Lune
    I like writing story on the spot when i am bored.
    Era-Go give me the chances to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by JennisBat View Post
    Players are currently using macros (automated player movements using a computer) to mine large amounts of rocks and sell them at trade tables or for USD (Which Is Illegal) and absolutely nothing is being done about it when they get caught other than a slap on the wrist.

My Solution
    The repercussions of being caught with using a macro should be a reduction of your mining level to 0 considering when players get jailed for using a macro they keep their mining level and mine rocks quickly despite gaining levels by cheating. This is also causing an epidemic where people are sharing accounts (which is also illegal) and having other players build up their mining levels and absolutely nothing is being done about this. These players using these accounts are using cheats to bypass the system and make the creators of this game look like fools by pulling profits in abusing a mechanic. They deserve a ban not a slap on the wrist. I’ll also be including screenshot evidence of a player known to sell macro rocks and then getting jailed for it for less than 10 hours continuously with no actual repercussions. I’ll be sharing the pictures via link since I don’t know how to attach images.

https://imgur.com/a/6BZVhjz

https://imgur(dot)com/a/6BZVhjz
    What I don't get is, you title this "Mine Macros And Nothing Being Done About Them" but you're complaining about people sharing accounts?

If there is a massive amount of people using macros like you said (for which you have provided very little substantial proof, pictures of a couple macros aren't enough imo), then there would be very little reason for them to share accounts with others.

In the imgur links that you have provided, you have not taken pictures of the "large amounts of rocks" supposedly flooding trade tables from the people whose profiles you have saved, nor have you provided proof that these people are trading them for USD.

While I agree that these people should be punished if they're using macros and/ or if they're selling rocks for USD, you have provided little to no evidence that the two events are correlated.

As for your solution, I disagree that people caught using a macro should have their levels reset. There are often times when staff do make a mistake and falsely jail someone for macros & while I understand your mindset that "if they're level x, there's no way to prove that they haven't used macros up to that level so they must be reset", not even pk and spar boosters are treated like that.

First off, pk and spar boosting reports don't and can't result in jails with pictures or even with video, staff confirmed that you must report it when it is happening in game, which means that your imgur links are essentially useless to begin with. Also, I believe (and I may be wrong here), boosters are jailed first and if they're caught boosting again, then they will be handled by a case by case basis which may or may not result in their stats being reset.

Given that higher level mining is arguably one of the hardest stats to achieve in this game, I doubt that mining levels will be reset as much as you'd like in the first place.

You seem to think that a large amount of rocks automatically translated into rocks coming from macro users, but given that a) you have not provided evidence that the people in your imgur links are indeed trading those rocks and b) you do not 100% know for sure if they were repeat macro offenders, I believe that your post is ultimately irrelevant.

Again, I support people being punished when they're cheating using third party software. However, given that you're suggesting a mass reset of mining levels (and I suspect high level ones at that), that take at least 9 straight weeks without the proper evidence nor any indication showing that you're even a high level miner who has properly experienced the constant macro reports from noobs who don't know the difference between high level mining, hacks and macros, I disagree with your proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    What I don't get is, you title this "Mine Macros And Nothing Being Done About Them" but you're complaining about people sharing accounts?

If there is a massive amount of people using macros like you said (for which you have provided very little substantial proof, pictures of a couple macros aren't enough imo), then there would be very little reason for them to share accounts with others.

In the imgur links that you have provided, you have not taken pictures of the "large amounts of rocks" supposedly flooding trade tables from the people whose profiles you have saved, nor have you provided proof that these people are trading them for USD.

While I agree that these people should be punished if they're using macros and/ or if they're selling rocks for USD, you have provided little to no evidence that the two events are correlated.

As for your solution, I disagree that people caught using a macro should have their levels reset. There are often times when staff do make a mistake and falsely jail someone for macros & while I understand your mindset that "if they're level x, there's no way to prove that they haven't used macros up to that level so they must be reset", not even pk and spar boosters are treated like that.

First off, pk and spar boosting reports don't and can't result in jails with pictures or even with video, staff confirmed that you must report it when it is happening in game, which means that your imgur links are essentially useless to begin with. Also, I believe (and I may be wrong here), boosters are jailed first and if they're caught boosting again, then they will be handled by a case by case basis which may or may not result in their stats being reset.

Given that higher level mining is arguably one of the hardest stats to achieve in this game, I doubt that mining levels will be reset as much as you'd like in the first place.

You seem to think that a large amount of rocks automatically translated into rocks coming from macro users, but given that a) you have not provided evidence that the people in your imgur links are indeed trading those rocks and b) you do not 100% know for sure if they were repeat macro offenders, I believe that your post is ultimately irrelevant.

Again, I support people being punished when they're cheating using third party software. However, given that you're suggesting a mass reset of mining levels (and I suspect high level ones at that), that take at least 9 straight weeks without the proper evidence nor any indication showing that you're even a high level miner who has properly experienced the constant macro reports from noobs who don't know the difference between high level mining, hacks and macros, I disagree with your proposition.
    Mining macros and account sharing are intertwined with each other did you not read the post? Use your head, if you have an account that you want to level up quickly you simply share it with a friend who will not only benefit from using the high level account by obtaining rocks at a higher rate, but also increase your mining level for future personal use.

Why would there be little reason for them to share accounts if they had a high level you made a statement with nothing to back it up. It’s obvious if you had a high level mining account and acquired it by sharing the account with multiple people as well as using macros you would be able to loan it to your friends to use.

The large amounts of rocks flooding trade tables is self evident if you’re a trader since you see what comes and goes on a daily basis. If you wanted proof or evidence of it then simply ask for it without assuming it doesn’t exist.

You’re assuming that USD and macros don’t exist because it wasn’t posted on this thread when targeting players is one of the main things that gets threads closed so you can’t provide direct proof of it. Again, Use your head.

If staff make a mistake for resetting a macro account then that’s on the staff member, but it’s clear as day when somebody is macroing you simply drag them and if the automations continues then they’re using a macro. You’re saying that because people get falsely jailed then nothing should be done. Should we stop enforcing drug dealings and murders because somebody could be falsely imprisoned? Your logic is severely flawed.

The purpose of the imgur links and this entire thread aren’t to jail any specific macro users it’s to better prevent people from being able to macro while at the same time punishing those who use them. Your reading comprehension skills are very bad and I propose you go back to school and retake your high school literacy classes, then come back to this post and read it again.

I have provided specific proof by having them star friended and showing that person has repeatedly been jailed for using a macro yet the account is still up and running mining to this day.

Try a little harder next time and bring valid proof as to why mining isn’t a problem instead of protecting your macro using miner friends.
    -Bat