Thread: Weapon Rebalancing appeal

Weapon Rebalancing appeal

I fired 20 rounds out of my GM4 today, it felt damn good. The recoil force nudged me so gently it was a timely massage for my stiff arms. The sound of bullets projecting from the nozzle was so satisfying I couldn't resist the urge to make up a grin.

Yet I know, few would see eye to eye with me on this. I want them to experience this undescribable satisfaction too.

I appeal.

Let's have bandwith damage for guns instead of fixated damages. What this means is that every weapon will have an average damage. Say, ak47 has 7 as avg damage. But instead or just doing 7 damage, now there would be a bandwith for the damage (lets say +/- 2 for example) and there would be a probabaility for getting +2 and a fixed probabaility of getting -2. So the ak4u can do 9 damage or 5 damage at a random probabaility. Rusty guns should have a lower probabaility of doing +2 and higher probability of doing -2.

The rationale behind this suggestion is that I understand there has been much discontent behind the weapons nerfing and rebalancing, to put it euphemistically. As such, why not make the changes such that it is no longer a nerf or a buff? Because it could do more damage than its average, it could also do less so its less controversial a change whilst achieving the aim of less pay to win.

I know the stats changes go beyond just damages, but what's done has been done and we have seen the subsequent falk in players. Now, its time we move on to attempt to reduce this discontent - which is why I am suggesting this.

I know higher ups like Junz would be tempted to label this idea yet another hastily produced one and dismiss this, but think about it: if someone is able to judge your ideas as bad/inappropriate etc, it implies that they have better ideas. And if that's the case, why is the game dying then? I'm not trying to put down the current effort of admins; they've tried. But some suggestions need to be taken seriously instead of being dismissed without much consideration for that is the way for things to change.

My idea is out, I'll leave the community to evaluate on this. If there should be any changes that could improve this idea, your inputs are welcomed. Let's as a community improvise, incorporate and most importantly (if we are to get anything done), listen.

Thank you for your attention.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    I fired 20 rounds out of my GM4 today, it felt damn good. The recoil force nudged me so gently it was a timely massage for my stiff arms. The sound of bullets projecting from the nozzle was so satisfying I couldn't resist the urge to make up a grin.
    Do you have a gun fetish?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

This was proposed by bitzsam in 2015: https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post295969

I personally believe at its core Era is skill-based and the addtion of RNG would detract from the “rules” where x gun kills in n number of hits. It would turn a BAR, for example, to where I go from saying “I will die in 4 hits” to “I might survive a 4th hit” and my life could be extended substantially longer with proper dodging skills.
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    This was proposed by bitzsam in 2015: https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post295969

I personally believe at its core Era is skill-based and the addtion of RNG would detract from the “rules” where x gun kills in n number of hits. It would turn a BAR, for example, to where I go from saying “I will die in 4 hits” to “I might survive a 4th hit” and my life could be extended substantially longer with proper dodging skills.
    He could have gone on with it. Might have gotten less uproar. I mean, if you wanted it to be skill based you could lower the margin to +/-1 so RNG becomes less of a factor and skills are more strongly focused.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.