Thread: Trade Tariff

Exclamation Trade Tariff

I noticed that in trade tables people hog the tables. We all know that there are a limited number of trade tables, so hoarding is a serious issue. It affects the trading experience and cause a lot of inconvenience to traders.

As such, drawing on inspiration from the ongoing China-US Trade war, I propose that we implement a trade tariff or raise the trade fee from 1 gralat to 400 gralats everytime you grab the table. The tariff will be imposed when one grabs the table and NOT after the transaction has proceeded.

What this means is that previously players would pay 1 gralat for grabbing the table, then pay 20 gralats when the trade goes through. Under the tariff, they would pay 400 gralats for grabbing the table, and 20 gralats if the trade goes through.

Hang on, I know y'all have a question in mind. I'll answer this in the next section

400 Gralats did not come out of nowhere. This is how it is derived.

We all know that we pay 1 gralat and we get 5 minutes on the table. That translates to 1 gralat for 5x60 seconds =300 seconds

After players accept a trade, there is 15 seconds before they pay 20 gralats when the trade succeeds. Hence that translates to 20 gralats for 15 seconds.

Expressing in ratio, therefore,

For 1 second, it would cost 4/3 gralats.
    Since we get 300 seconds after grabbing the table, it would be 4/3 x 300 =400 gralats.

Expected Benefits of the tariff
    1. Players will take trading more seriously as there would not be inconsiderate trolls who hoard the tables and deprive serious traders from trading.

2. Fewer scams. It will now cost much more for to scam, so scammers will be discouraged by the higher price.

3. Improves efficiency of trade.
    Since it now cost much more players would seek to maximise the transaction everytime they trade. For example, person A used to trade 20 shovels for 40 shells in the past and each party pays 21 gralat each, so the party who got the shells will earn (assuming the shells are trochus) 120-21 = 99 gralats. Under the new system, the party would make a loss, so traders will seek to trade a quantity that they can profit. We know that if they raise a price too much the customers would leave, so they could make it up with quantity. So instead of trading 20 shovels, perhaps they now trade 500 shovels for 1000 shells, which would cover the trade tariff and give a net profit. This improves the efficiency of trade.

Notice that 400 gralats is above the 250 gralats that noobs have, so this helps to stop people from creating noob accounts to hog the table.

Hope this helps. Let's make Era Great again!

#MakeEraGreatAgain #Tariff #Trade
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Imagine the more you try to trade , the poorer you get.
    Yikes
    It's better to spend year perfecting yourself than spending weeks trying to be someone else.

IGN: Derpy Lune
    I like writing story on the spot when i am bored.
    Era-Go give me the chances to do so.

Related to Players

Trade Tariff

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    I noticed that in trade tables people hog the tables. We all know that there are a limited number of trade tables, so hoarding is a serious issue. It affects the trading experience and cause a lot of inconvenience to traders.

As such, drawing on inspiration from the ongoing China-US Trade war, I propose that we implement a trade tariff or raise the trade fee from 1 gralat to 400 gralats everytime you grab the table. The tariff will be imposed when one grabs the table and NOT after the transaction has proceeded.

What this means is that previously players would pay 1 gralat for grabbing the table, then pay 20 gralats when the trade goes through. Under the tariff, they would pay 400 gralats for grabbing the table, and 20 gralats if the trade goes through.

Hang on, I know y'all have a question in mind. I'll answer this in the next section

400 Gralats did not come out of nowhere. This is how it is derived.

We all know that we pay 1 gralat and we get 5 minutes on the table. That translates to 1 gralat for 5x60 seconds =300 seconds

After players accept a trade, there is 15 seconds before they pay 20 gralats when the trade succeeds. Hence that translates to 20 gralats for 15 seconds.

Expressing in ratio, therefore,

For 1 second, it would cost 4/3 gralats.
    Since we get 300 seconds after grabbing the table, it would be 4/3 x 300 =400 gralats.

Expected Benefits of the tariff
    1. Players will take trading more seriously as there would not be inconsiderate trolls who hoard the tables and deprive serious traders from trading.

2. Fewer scams. It will now cost much more for to scam, so scammers will be discouraged by the higher price.

3. Improves efficiency of trade.
    Since it now cost much more players would seek to maximise the transaction everytime they trade. For example, person A used to trade 20 shovels for 40 shells in the past and each party pays 21 gralat each, so the party who got the shells will earn (assuming the shells are trochus) 120-21 = 99 gralats. Under the new system, the party would make a loss, so traders will seek to trade a quantity that they can profit. We know that if they raise a price too much the customers would leave, so they could make it up with quantity. So instead of trading 20 shovels, perhaps they now trade 500 shovels for 1000 shells, which would cover the trade tariff and give a net profit. This improves the efficiency of trade.

Notice that 400 gralats is above the 250 gralats that noobs have, so this helps to stop people from creating noob accounts to hog the table.

Hope this helps. Let's make Era Great again!

#MakeEraGreatAgain #Tariff #Trade
    Or you know, don't tax the players. That's also cool and will keep our already broken community together.

AZN (Sent from my iPhone)
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

Do you guys remember the riots that ensued when it took too long for the admins to release the Era Mall?

Imagine that, but worse.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Yes please baby

Banned
    I'd second this idea if I actually bothered playing the game again.

Manager
    No. As I've mentioned before, no ideas resembling any form of 'tax' or additional expense to players needlessly will be disapproved.
    Do not post a thread of a similar nature again.
    Closed