Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trading Idea

Trading Idea

No, it isn't a tax at all, lads and lasses.

Do y'all remember how players need at least 5 hours to enter the Trade Tables?
    Well, I reckon that having new players go on a quest to receive permission to trade might be a little bit funner than telling them to AFK for 5 hours.

So, I went ahead and outlined the quest in this here spoiler:
     Spoiler
    Important: If you have at least 5 hours, you don't need to do the quest if you don't want do. (This is to prevent the old, currently-trading players from getting mad that they have to do a new quest to continue trading).
    This means that:
    1) This quest is just a bypass, all you have to do is have at least have 5 hours then you can trade (again, to not anger those who are already trading)
    2) You don't have to do it to trade if you don't want do (read 1)

Quest:
    There's a man by the name of Old Man Bob (Trades Owner) reading a newspaper

By approaching and touching him, he'll send you a PM that reads:

Wording Change:
    Pardon me, but I reckon I need some help. Would mind lending a helping hand for an old man?

You will be given a option to say "Yes" or "No", if you say " Yes", he'll send you two PMs that read (assuming you're under 5 hours):

Wording Change:
    I run this place here, the Trade Tables, but I unfortunately lost my keys while on a stroll on the beach with my wife. The police just arrived out of nowhere and told us and some other bystanders to vacate the area. It gave me such a fright. I am sure it was of them city lawmen that said that. Jackson? Ah yes, Officer Jackson, if my memory doesn’t fail me.

Wording Change:
    That feller might know where my keys are. I imagine you’ll find him if you continue south along the bridge and enter this large brick building. He has to be there; upstairs in that office of his. You will easily recognise him, he’s the police chief of the SRPD police division. I figure he’s a good lad to ask- might have seen me drop my keys.

Charles Jackson, referred to as Officer Jackson, is sitting down, upon touching him that reads:

*I don't like how the words in the PM play out, so allow me to re-phrase the PM:
    "Old Man Bob's keys, you say? I'm sorry, but I didn't even see him at the time, let alone his keys. But I'll tell you what: I'll send a couple of my boys up with shovels and metal detectors to check it out, if you go up north to the nuclear site to help Officer Daniels deal with a pest that he's having trouble with. He'll give you further instructions over there.

Thomas Daniels (dude with black hair) would be waiting for you with his men

Approach him, and he'll give you a PM that reads:

*I don't like how the words in the PM play out, so allow me to re-phrase the PM:

The chief sent you here over for some keys? Nothing to worry, he’s a kind-hearted, and pure man that knows what he is doing and you will soon get those keys of yours. But, anyway, we're at a stalemate with 50 of them mafia buggers in this here nuclear reactor building. We'll cover the outside for you while you clear the inside for us, sound fair?

There's 50 NPCs inside, and the players needs to kill all 50 (check gangster store in Era Mall 2 see how they are dressed), however you can always go Officer Daniels outside to check your progress, and he'll send you a PM telling you now many NPCs are left in the building.
    Once all of them are cleared, Officer Daniels will send you a PM reading:
    Thanks for your service, mate. I think that was the last of them mafia scoundrels. Officer Jackson should have your keys by now, so I figure it’s best for you to head back to him
    Once you see Officer Jackson, he'll send you a PM that reads:

Wording Change:
    Thank you for helping Daniels. Means a lot to me, and to him. But my men where able find them of keys inside a crab. Don't loose it again, as one of my officers got crab blood all of his baynet.

Once the player gives the keys to Old Man Bob, he'll PM you:

Wording Change:
    Thank you for helping this old man, now, I can sit down in peace with the newspaper and my keys, and keep my shop safe and open. I reckon that you deserve some form of reward for all of your troubles.

After closing the PM, you'll see this:

(If your under 5 hours, all Trade Tables are opened)

BTW:
    If your over 5 hours, the situation changes from Old Man Bob loosing his only key, to Old Man Bob loosing his original key (his son had a copy)

Anyway, I really like this quest as it:
    1) Introduces new players to a storyline (I can write it )
    2) Gives them some tro, so they can stop using freebies to trade ,can actually understand trade
    3) Is fun

(I love introduction quests for some reason, idk)

Shout out to BW for wording suggestions!
    Last edited by Abdullah1441; 06-27-2019 at 10:31 PM.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post

Well, I reckon that having new players go on a quest to receive permission to trade might be a little bit funner than telling them to AFK for 5 hours.

Spoiler
    Important: If you have at least 5 hours, you don't need to do the quest if you don't want do. (This is to prevent the old, currently-trading players from getting mad that they have to do a new quest to continue trading).
    This means that:
    1) This quest is just a bypass, all you have to do is have at least have 5 hours then you can trade (again, to not anger those who are already trading)

Quest:

You will be given a option to say "Yes" or "No", if you say " Yes", he'll send you another PM that reads (assuming you're under 5 hours):

Wording Correction: aren't not aren" t
    Phrase Change: could you try to get it with a shovel for this old man? (Check second-to-last sentence) (this important, as it tells the player how to dig)
    Anyway, Old Man Bob directly tells the player where to dig and introduces them to shovels, which are important for trading.

After giving the key to Old Man Bob, he'll send you a PM that reads:

(The reward is 100 tro, and all Trade Tables are opened)

BTW:
    If you go to Old Man Bob again without the keys (assuming you didn't already give it to him) he'll send you a PM that reads:

(This PM is just incase the new player is lost and needs some guidance on what to do)

BTW 2:
    If the players has played for over 5 hours, all the previous PMs will stay the same (meaning if that he'll PM you the same thank you message when you give him his keys, and give you the same PM for help) expect for the second one (go in order from top to bottom), as it'll read this:

(The situation changes to make sense with the gameplay, so it goes to man locked out, from man looking for lost key)
    Word Correction:
    don't not don"t
    original not original
    Shack not Sha
    Phrase Correction
    sand outside the Wandis Crab Shack. Bring a shovel to help you dig it out

1) Introduces new players to shovels
    2) Gives them some tro, so they can stop using freebies to trade
    3) Is fun

It's actually really cool to see people come up with ideas and trying to improve a game that we've all played for years

I personally think they should add a quest and rewards system since once you reach a peak in era you basically run out of time or things to do.

Im not by any chance a veteran at this game but I do love and wish for it to improve and work with it's community for even more players to experience what we all live in this game

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by R.Kensei View Post
    It's actually really cool to see people come up with ideas and trying to improve a game that we've all played for years

I personally think they should add a quest and rewards system since once you reach a peak in era you basically run out of time or things to do.

Im not by any chance a veteran at this game but I do love and wish for it to improve and work with it's community for even more players to experience what we all live in this game

Thank you, it took me a while to make this thread and send the PMs. But if you have any suggestions, feel free to drop them by by as a post, or feel free to make a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post

Spoiler
    This means that:

Quest:

You will be given a option to say "Yes" or "No", if you say " Yes", he'll send you another PM that reads (assuming you're under 5 hours):

Wording Correction: aren't not aren" t
    Phrase Change: could you try to get it with a shovel for this old man? (Check second-to-last sentence) (this important, as it tells the player how to dig)
    Anyway, Old Man Bob directly tells the player where to dig and introduces them to shovels, which are important for trading.

After giving the key to Old Man Bob, he'll send you a PM that reads:

(The reward is 100 tro, and all Trade Tables are opened)

BTW:
    If you go to Old Man Bob again without the keys (assuming you didn't already give it to him) he'll send you a PM that reads:

(This PM is just incase the new player is lost and needs some guidance on what to do)

BTW 2:
    If the players has played for over 5 hours, all the previous PMs will stay the same (meaning if that he'll PM you the same thank you message when you give him his keys, and give you the same PM for help) expect for the second one (go in order from top to bottom), as it'll read this:

(The situation changes to make sense with the gameplay, so it goes to man locked out, from man looking for lost key)
    Word Correction:
    don't not don"t
    original not original
    Shack not Sha
    Phrase Correction
    sand outside the Wandis Crab Shack. Bring a shovel to help you dig it out

1) Introduces new players to shovels
    2) Gives them some tro, so they can stop using freebies to trade
    3) Is fun

While I love the idea of the quests and the 100 tro to new players I feel like there would be some nutjobs out there who would just complete the quest for the 100 tro on new accounts repeatedly and trade them over to their main/trading account if the quest is too easy /short.

I like the idea but the quest will probably have to be longer to potentially replace the 5 hour requirement since if its too short then there's no point using it to replace the 5 hour requirement and I dont think 100 tro as a reward is a good idea as people can just make fresh accounts and trade the tro to their main unless we made it so you can only trade if youre identified. This was a thing back when ec was released you could do a few achievements then transfer the ec to your main but they changed it so you can only get ec from achievements if youre identified I think, could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Acea View Post
    While I love the idea of the quests and the 100 tro to new players I feel like there would be some nutjobs out there who would just complete the quest for the 100 tro on new accounts repeatedly and trade them over to their main/trading account if the quest is too easy /short.
    That's why I choose the digging area to be a PK area, and that's why you have to get your hands dirty with a shovel for a bit until you uncover the key

But we could always lower the reward to 75 or 50, if we're worried about mass-scale inflation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    I like the idea but the quest will probably have to be longer to potentially replace the 5 hour requirement since if its too short then there's no point using it to replace the 5 hour requirement and I dont think 100 tro as a reward is a good idea as people can just make fresh accounts and trade the tro to their main unless we made it so you can only trade if youre identified. This was a thing back when ec was released you could do a few achievements then transfer the ec to your main but they changed it so you can only get ec from achievements if youre identified I think, could be wrong.
    The point of the quest is to introduce the player to digging, shovels, and tro. Three important things in the world of trade.
    It does sound, on paper, a little short, but it's supposed to be to the point so new players understand what's going on.

Yeah I get the concept but if its gonna require one thing to do then its going to defeat the purpose of the 5 hour requirement

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    Yeah I get the concept but if its gonna require one thing to do then its going to defeat the purpose of the 5 hour requirement
    It requires a little bit more, lad. Consider it at this angle, you must first:
    1. Speak to Bob
    2. Locate a place to buy shovels
    3. Buy a shovel
    4. Locate the Crab Shack
    5. Dig until you get the key
    6. Return the key to Bob
    (All while dodging PKers)

The quest unconsciously teaches new players:
    1. What shovels are
    2. How to dig
    3. Gives a reward of 100 (allows them to use this amount to grasp what trading is)
    4. What do with crab shells (there's a reason why I chose the Crab Shack)

Excuse my bold claim, but this might be better than the 5 hour rule.

I'm not the only one that finds shelling in a pk'able area and dying constantly irritating.
    Won't new players just find the process a really annoying?

Quote Originally Posted by R.Kensei View Post
    I'm not the only one that finds shelling in a pk'able area and dying constantly irritating.
    Won't new players just find the process a really annoying?

I agree that digging in a PKable area is indeed tiresome and annoying, but it's a good wall to keep this quest from being abused. Plus, it also teaches the new player the PKing nature of iEra as well.