Thread: Controller Era: A Guide

Controller Era: A Guide

Hi Era Community,

It's been over 5 years since I developed EraAWSD (link) and I'm back with Controller Era! This will allow you to play on the FB client with twin stick shooting. This guide will be for basic support which includes twin stick shooting, equip slots, and grabbing. An advanced guide for hotkey support will be written at a later time.

Things you'll need:
    Steam (link)
    A controller of your choice (I will be using a ps4 controller for this guide)

Instructions (Open spoiler tags for pictures in each step)

1. Launch Steam and plug in your controller

2. Enable your controller by going to (Steam > Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings) and checking the box for your appropriate controller.

Spoiler

Note: I personally also used a Switch Pro Controller for this

3. Open Desktop Configuration settings to begin customizing your controls. (Steam > Settings > Controller > Desktop Configuration)

Spoiler

4. Wipe the default configuration by going to (Browse Configs > Recommended > Disabled)

Spoiler

5. Set controller buttons to (d, s, a, z, x and space). This allows you to equip, grab, use your equip abilities, and provides an alternate fire button. Customize to your own preference.
    Note: For triggers I only use full pull actions, but you can look into using soft actions on your own.

Spoiler

6. Set left stick to dpad with 8-way overlap and arrows. This is for movement.

Spoiler

7. Set right stick to "Mouse Region" and adjust settings until you can create a giant oval on FB Era in full screen that doesn't touch any of your friends at the bottom, or the menu/equip buttons in the corners.

As a guideline, my personal settings are:
    Region size: 0.8 (default)
    Horizontal Position: 0.5 (default)
    Vertical Position: 0.560
    Region Horizontal Scale: 0.380
    Region Vertical Scale: 0.175

Spoiler

8. Go back to right stick and enter "Additional Settings". Set the "Outer Ring Binding" to "Left Click". This allows you to flick right stick to fire.

Spoiler

9. Press done to save your bindings, open FB Era in fullscreen and enjoy!

Closing:
    Thank you for reading my guide on using a controller in FB Era. This guide works great for setting two equips, and running around doing basic gameplay like earning gralats, pking and sparring. If you need to switch equips often or eat food, you would need to pick up the mouse and open your hotkeys manually. Eventually, I'll write an advanced guide that allows you to use all your empty controller buttons like the dpad as hotkey equips. Feel free to reply with any comments and/or troubles.

Mahalo,
    Vacci
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

Welcome back and nice guide!
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Thanks! I've been lurking for awhile, but I got this working lately due to a thumb injury I needed to play around. I figure it's for the best of the community that I let everyone know about this.
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

Nice work!