Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aloha's Level Thread

Leveler
    Also, I reccomend walking around some of Era's beaches to get more of a vibe for how they should be done
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Gabipants View Post
    Not bad for a first level. Make sure to study the game's perspective, as I see a lot of mistakes in your level. Things such as the table and the huge walls are specific points of interest.

Make sure to focus on the size, especially in the second level where walls are 2 units tall, less than a player's height. Walls inside should typically be 4 - 5 units tall.
    Could you please elaborate on which walls are too big (Inside or outside)? The wall inside the lobby are 4-5 units tall.
    Aloha from the 50th State

Quote Originally Posted by ember View Post
    Could you please elaborate on which walls are too big (Inside or outside)? The wall inside the lobby are 4-5 units tall.

1. The tiles used here clash very much. Try sticking to a single color or two for an exterior building. Using mostly grayscale tiles works wonders. Less is more!

2. The trimming needs some work, the cutoff is very apparent with the ground in this particular instance.

3. Again, less is more. I was very confused with the placement of these tiles.

4. As previously stated, the perspective leaves a lot to be desired in some places. This also applies with the extremely tall walls of the main building. To remedy this try to make multiple floors of 5-6 tile high walls

5. There was attempt (?) to detail the grass but this is obviously not enough! Try to vary the grass by adding gardens, paths, etc.

6. Take a look at existing beaches in Era for a better idea on how to transition grass/sand/water.
    This is one of my biggest challenges with leveling as it takes a lot of time, but mastering realistic transition between these will reward you with a beautiful end product.

The indoors level is highly problematic, try to stay consistent with your theme, make sure there are walls of equal height in all areas! (Office has no walls!) and make sure to use NPCs, as I think a few spots need to be covered up.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Quote Originally Posted by Gabipants View Post

1. The tiles used here clash very much. Try sticking to a single color or two for an exterior building. Using mostly grayscale tiles works wonders. Less is more!

2. The trimming needs some work, the cutoff is very apparent with the ground in this particular instance.

3. Again, less is more. I was very confused with the placement of these tiles.

4. As previously stated, the perspective leaves a lot to be desired in some places. This also applies with the extremely tall walls of the main building. To remedy this try to make multiple floors of 5-6 tile high walls

5. There was attempt (?) to detail the grass but this is obviously not enough! Try to vary the grass by adding gardens, paths, etc.

6. Take a look at existing beaches in Era for a better idea on how to transition grass/sand/water.
    This is one of my biggest challenges with leveling as it takes a lot of time, but mastering realistic transition between these will reward you with a beautiful end product.

The indoors level is highly problematic, try to stay consistent with your theme, make sure there are walls of equal height in all areas! (Office has no walls!) and make sure to use NPCs, as I think a few spots need to be covered up.
    Do you have discord? If you do add me Bluedragon#1234 i need cc on some of my stuf
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

Have Any Graal Related Questions? Ask me
    2010-2021

Thanks for the explanation! I have completely changed the main building to have more of a “Beach Vibe”. I will try to pay more attention to the different to the different perspectives especially with the tables! It was technically supposed to be a two story building but I guess I did not make it clear enough. Thanks Again! I’ll be posting a updated version soon!
    Aloha from the 50th State

Thanks for sharing! Really great game!