Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Lets Be Honest

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    I’ll disagree, our manager has been working very hard with all of us. Ever since he came in he has been doing an outstanding job at trying to fix issues the game previously had. But like I said before that of course takes time, games can’t be fixed from one day to the other, and people fail to realize that.
    So how long will it take? Surely glaring issues such as lag does not need years.

    And what's the point of saying this mysterious manager, "has been working very hard with all of us," when he has been absent in the public spotlight? Show us this outstanding job. Where is he. You're certainly not going to sway anyone with abstracts.



    "The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

  2. #12
    Leveler
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,302
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    So how long will it take? Surely glaring issues such as lag does not need years.

    And what's the point of saying this mysterious manager, "has been working very hard with all of us," when he has been absent in the public spotlight? Show us this outstanding job. Where is he. You're certainly not going to sway anyone with abstracts.
    He doesn't need to be in public spotlight to do or be good. You wanna know where he is at? Probably busy, in some unreleased level, working on something for all of us. I know myself, Hoyt does an outstanding job.
    Feel free to ask questions.

    Zone Patrol
    Zone Levels Team
    Zone Forum Moderator

  3. #13
    AZN AZN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Earth-1218
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    So how long will it take? Surely glaring issues such as lag does not need years.

    And what's the point of saying this mysterious manager, "has been working very hard with all of us," when he has been absent in the public spotlight? Show us this outstanding job. Where is he. You're certainly not going to sway anyone with abstracts.
    iEra, to put it simply, is in the middle of a transition phase. New manager, new staff, new players and new problems arising at least once a week that need to be dealt with.

    I don't know how old Hoyt is, but regardless of age I can imagine it's pretty stressful having the responsibility of handling something as big as this game and overlooking as much as possible to make sure as many things can stay in line.

    You'll get everything you asked for with patience. Auctions, events, cool holiday shops and quests will all continue once we get out of this really rough spot. iEra as with all of the other servers have been experiencing a drought, but complaining constantly instead of providing actual constructive criticism will only delay the issue.


    AZN (Sent from my iPhone)

    Stay in touch!
    iEra — AZN (AZN)
    Discord — Agility#3284
    Email — [email protected]

    "To be even thought of as a king, you don't need a crown." — The Flaming Lips

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by AZN View Post
    iEra, to put it simply, is in the middle of a transition phase. New manager, new staff, new players and new problems arising at least once a week that need to be dealt with.

    I don't know how old Hoyt is, but regardless of age I can imagine it's pretty stressful having the responsibility of handling something as big as this game and overlooking as much as possible to make sure as many things can stay in line.

    You'll get everything you asked for with patience. Auctions, events, cool holiday shops and quests will all continue once we get out of this really rough spot. iEra as with all of the other servers have been experiencing a drought, but complaining constantly instead of providing actual constructive criticism will only delay the issue.


    AZN (Sent from my iPhone)
    -People like the game, otherwise they would not play...What people do not like is how they are handling the game. New people can be easily fooled, but players with more experience are difficult.
    Yes, with patience you can get everything.

    -Admins should be players who love the game and are willing to help people when they need it. No players looking for "fame", benefits, and ignoring everyone except their friends etc...
    People want new things, this game has a lot of potential.
    Snk interacted with players and loved the game, now...????

    If many players complain about admins, it's for something, right?
    If many players get bored of the game, it's for something, right?

    Yes, I admit some admins work, but .....Are the admins doing it right or wrong? Is it what people want or what the admins want??
    I think we all know the answer.

    Even if you say a constructive criticism, you will be ignored.

  5. #15
    AZN AZN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Earth-1218
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian321 View Post
    -People like the game, otherwise they would not play...What people do not like is how they are handling the game. New people can be easily fooled, but players with more experience are difficult.
    Yes, with patience you can get everything.

    -Admins should be players who love the game and are willing to help people when they need it. No players looking for "fame", benefits, and ignoring everyone except their friends etc...
    People want new things, this game has a lot of potential.
    Snk interacted with players and loved the game, now...????

    If many players complain about admins, it's for something, right?
    If many players get bored of the game, it's for something, right?

    Yes, I admit some admins work, but .....Are the admins doing it right or wrong? Is it what people want or what the admins want??
    I think we all know the answer.

    Even if you say a constructive criticism, you will be ignored.
    I'm not glossing over the issues that iEra has, that's not my intentions. I'm simply saying that the complaints aren't the way to go if we want things to change.


    AZN (Sent from my iPhone)

    Stay in touch!
    iEra — AZN (AZN)
    Discord — Agility#3284
    Email — [email protected]

    "To be even thought of as a king, you don't need a crown." — The Flaming Lips

  6. #16
    Player Relations OmgItsFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Windy City.
    Posts
    110
    We all have our own feelings on the subject, however saying that our staff teams do not care will never help the issues. Players need to keep in mind that while we try our best to give everyone new and fresh ideas, those ideas also take time, and yes sometimes they might take years. Saying that we don't care really hurts, or when we try HARD to please what everyone wants and we get "EW This sucks!" "New VIP stinks!" "Stupid admins" ect, ect, and ect. Like GFX works hard on new items, and they are thrown off with mean words like that, not even opinions, but hateful things. But they keep doing it because one good comment out does the 200 hateful ones. Who else is going to make these items for ya'll? Who else is going to answer the same questions over and over.
    Being any kind of staff, from Newspaper - Higher Staff is hard. It is not easy, but we do it because we enjoy making things, learning things, and helping ya'll. (Most do, and I do) With this being said, I am sorry it is not turning out how you would like, we are always trying our hardest to make this game fresh and enjoyable, it just takes time.

  7. #17
    GFX Artist chant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    adanaC
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    I’ll disagree, our manager has been working very hard with all of us. Ever since he came in he has been doing an outstanding job at trying to fix issues the game previously had. But like I said before that of course takes time, games can’t be fixed from one day to the other, and people fail to realize that.
    The things they have been working on aren’t very relevant right now.. For the most part it’s been adding house competitions, fixing glitches here and there, but that’s all I’ve seen. Maybe there’s something being worked on behind the scenes, but we wouldn’t know because of the lack of transparency between the management and players. Advertising and fixing larger issues such as lack of useful staff should be the priority.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by OmgItsFallen View Post
    We all have our own feelings on the subject, however saying that our staff teams do not care will never help the issues. Players need to keep in mind that while we try our best to give everyone new and fresh ideas, those ideas also take time, and yes sometimes they might take years. Saying that we don't care really hurts, or when we try HARD to please what everyone wants and we get "EW This sucks!" "New VIP stinks!" "Stupid admins" ect, ect, and ect. Like GFX works hard on new items, and they are thrown off with mean words like that, not even opinions, but hateful things. But they keep doing it because one good comment out does the 200 hateful ones. Who else is going to make these items for ya'll? Who else is going to answer the same questions over and over.
    Being any kind of staff, from Newspaper - Higher Staff is hard. It is not easy, but we do it because we enjoy making things, learning things, and helping ya'll. (Most do, and I do) With this being said, I am sorry it is not turning out how you would like, we are always trying our hardest to make this game fresh and enjoyable, it just takes time.
    Content isn’t the issue, I’m happy with most of it. People are concerned about the lowering number of players. You’re a great staff in my opinion and I’m sure many others <3. What people want is for the game they have been playing for years to not die.
    Last edited by chant; 07-19-2019 at 09:47 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    Who closes the door when the bus driver gets out?
    Is water wet?
    What color is a mirror?
    Can god make a rock so heavy he cant lift it?
    Do you exist? How do you know?

  8. #18
    Gang and Level Team Keir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by chant View Post
    The things they have been working on aren’t very relevant right now.. For the most part it’s been adding house competitions, fixing glitches here and there, but that’s all I’ve seen. Maybe there’s something being worked on behind the scenes, but we wouldn’t know because of the lack of transparency between the management and players. Advertising and fixing larger issues such as lack of useful staff should be the priority.
    House competitions were added by iMask himself with the approval of Hoyt of course. Yeah Glitches will always be fixed or tried to be fixed. Just because you as a player don't see the things we work on or do behind the scenes doesn't mean nothing is being done. The very point you don't see or hear about anything we do is because of projects like Country Side that got leaked and eventually just scrapped and who was in charge of that at the time? Your amazing SNK that is so amazing because he was in the "public spotlight". Yeah I have respect for SNK and what he's done for the game but he also left a lot of problems and is one of the reasons the game is where it's at. By the way what do you mean by "the lack of useful staff"? How would you know who is useful and who isn't you don't see what who works on and who does what. All the PRs do their job and occasionally do extra and host events for the players. The Graphics and Gani team work hard basically every week to make content for holiday shops, events and anything extra being made. The several Managers are always trying to improve things such as Junz working on Plasma and Jeff running the events and even added in that recent small quest. Hoyt is busy with many many things not just iEra. Advertising is just pointless since the game can barely handle 3000 players as we witness last night but then again the game doesn't need to handle 3000 players unless the server did get an upgrade which isn't up the in game staff anyways. Theres no transparency because no one wants a repeat of Country Side where a big project gets hyped and then scrapped and becomes a let down. The only time I would see something get hyped up is if it was finished and ready to be released and just want to see player reactions to it and see the feedback etc.

  9. #19
    Player Relations OmgItsFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Windy City.
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by chant View Post
    The things they have been working on aren’t very relevant right now.. For the most part it’s been adding house competitions, fixing glitches here and there, but that’s all I’ve seen. Maybe there’s something being worked on behind the scenes, but we wouldn’t know because of the lack of transparency between the management and players. Advertising and fixing larger issues such as lack of useful staff should be the priority.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Content isn’t the issue, I’m happy with most of it. People are concerned about the lowering number of players. You’re a great staff in my opinion and I’m sure many others <3. What people want is for the game they have been playing for years to not die.
    Thank you, that means a lot. As to players any game gets like this after a while. The number of players is not really something we can control. Sure we can add new things, and keep updated with the times but old players will leave, they grow up, become busier, ect. However new players will join and refill. We are at an awkward age range right now. And with school starting back up here in a few weeks for some it will be harder.

  10. #20
    GFX Artist chant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    adanaC
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    House competitions were added by iMask himself with the approval of Hoyt of course. Yeah Glitches will always be fixed or tried to be fixed. Just because you as a player don't see the things we work on or do behind the scenes doesn't mean nothing is being done. The very point you don't see or hear about anything we do is because of projects like Country Side that got leaked and eventually just scrapped and who was in charge of that at the time? Your amazing SNK that is so amazing because he was in the "public spotlight". Yeah I have respect for SNK and what he's done for the game but he also left a lot of problems and is one of the reasons the game is where it's at. By the way what do you mean by "the lack of useful staff"? How would you know who is useful and who isn't you don't see what who works on and who does what. All the PRs do their job and occasionally do extra and host events for the players. The Graphics and Gani team work hard basically every week to make content for holiday shops, events and anything extra being made. The several Managers are always trying to improve things such as Junz working on Plasma and Jeff running the events and even added in that recent small quest. Hoyt is busy with many many things not just iEra. Advertising is just pointless since the game can barely handle 3000 players as we witness last night but then again the game doesn't need to handle 3000 players unless the server did get an upgrade which isn't up the in game staff anyways. Theres no transparency because no one wants a repeat of Country Side where a big project gets hyped and then scrapped and becomes a let down. The only time I would see something get hyped up is if it was finished and ready to be released and just want to see player reactions to it and see the feedback etc.
    You’re kind of missing my point, and I don’t think I even mentioned Snk in my comment. What I mean by transparency is not related to content, because like I said that isn’t the issue here. It’s so that players have some assurance as to the direction of the game, as in things like advertising, progress on what they are working on to resolve the issues we are having now, etc.

    P.S. You’re also a great staff and I know you do a lot of work, so don’t feel discouraged because you aren’t a part of the problem, if that seems like what I am trying to say. <3

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by OmgItsFallen View Post
    Thank you, that means a lot. As to players any game gets like this after a while. The number of players is not really something we can control. Sure we can add new things, and keep updated with the times but old players will leave, they grow up, become busier, ect. However new players will join and refill. We are at an awkward age range right now. And with school starting back up here in a few weeks for some it will be harder.

    Of course, no problem at all . I’m personally worried that there won’t be new people to come to the game to begin with, because of the lack of advertising/promotion from the game, other than that of people who already play the game spreading it through word of mouth. That’s actually how I found it, a friend told me about it years and years ago.
    Who closes the door when the bus driver gets out?
    Is water wet?
    What color is a mirror?
    Can god make a rock so heavy he cant lift it?
    Do you exist? How do you know?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •