Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gang Spar Tournament 2019 Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by Fze View Post
    8 days out from August 10th and still no confirmation on the time or date of the gst. Also don’t know what gangs are participating yet even though qualifications ended last week. Doubt there’s time for flags at this point
    Now it's 5 days lmao
    Hey I have autism so please be patient and polite

Big Boss
    Due to delays, we are pushing GST back 1 week, to Saturday, August 17th. This should give enough time to get flags out and set up rosters. There should be a larger post out about it tonight. Sorry for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt View Post
    Due to delays, we are pushing GST back 1 week, to Saturday, August 17th. This should give enough time to get flags out and set up rosters. There should be a larger post out about it tonight. Sorry for the delay.
    I agree with the delay but not the date. A lot of people had to take the day off from their jobs or other irl activities to make time for the GST which was supposed to be the 10th. Seeing as a lot of things haven’t been done such as flags or brackets I agree it should be pushed back but a week is just not enough time for most people to take a day off from their jobs to make time for something that usually can take anywhere from 4-7 hrs on a saturday

Lol jeff just said hes busy so huy is able to get unjailed for gst cause huy tried out hacks and is jailed now huy shouldnt be alllowed in gst

I don’t understand why no one expected this? They outright said that the date could be changed, and they still hadn’t done anything related to flags, or team compositions five days before-hand.
    Who closes the door when the bus driver gets out?
    Is water wet?
    What color is a mirror?
    Can god make a rock so heavy he cant lift it?
    Do you exist? How do you know?

It’s simply unrealistic to think that on five days notice, 16 teams with 12 members each (192 people) can all be expected to shift their schedules like this. With work, sometimes it’s hard enough to get ONE Saturday off, let alone two. I know for me, at my job it’s too late to even get next Saturday off at this point. And that is not even counting other outside factors such as school, and also family events/plans etc., that were likely pushed back so that players could be free on the 10th. There will be atleast four gangs that can’t participate in GST, so I don’t see how there can be a functional tournament. The two problems at hand are the flags and the rosters.

1. For the flags, they are not important at all, and are not needed. BUT, there is an extremely easy fix for this issue. Just use the same model as 2017, where the flags have the leader’s head, and the gang name above it. Problem solved, that would likely take less than one hour to do for all of the teams.

2. With GST being on August 10th (or so we thought) every team has already selected their main roster and subs. No extra time is needed, just make the deadline something like August 7th for player IDs for the finalized rosters. It would not take more than two days for all gang leaders to submit this.

If GST is on August 17th, it will be an absolute mess. I know there are delays, but these issues can be fixed rather easily within the timeframe of now until August 10th without ruining the entire tournament.
    Last edited by Brussard; 08-05-2019 at 07:42 PM.

It’s not getting tolerated. @Hoyt switch the date back because 192 players already committed to one date and flags shouldn’t delay it at all. I can make the bracket if you want, lmao. FIVE days before GST, ridiculous.

192 players Vs 1 staff
    Guess the host has to get his schedule fixed!