Thread: Gang coin system and what’s wrong with it

Gang coin system and what’s wrong with it

The gang coin system is a very, VERY extraordinary idea to begin with, don’t get me wrong. With that said, please do not think I’m bashing on it. The problems I’ve seen since the three days its been out is quite ridiculous considering from what I’ve been told by PR is that,”We do not currently have rules for gang coins yet.”... The problem with this, from what I’ve seem, is that I’ve seen people boosting off each other inside bases such as Gangster Zone, Guerre, and even Neo Zone. With that, theres also the 20 coins you earn by taking the flag, which shouldn’t even be a thing.. A single gang member can go off tag for the others to take the flag, and let everyone else in the original gang to take the flag, letting everyone else get the GC. Another problem arising, the fact that there are no competitive gangs are willing to recruit or open spots for others. There are ten bases. A max of 250 people at a time can be earning the 130 GC from sitting within the base (not including those that have ranks and are usually offline or bases controlling two bases at once).

Of that, my main issues are:
    •20 GC obtained from taking the base.

•Boosting kills within bases to earn GC.

p.s.
    450 as a GC cap seems perfect, I completely recommend that as the cap. As long as the GC caps contain:
    300 kills (300 GC)
    75 minutes controlling a base (150 GC)

Thank you )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
    The gang coin system is a very, VERY extraordinary idea to begin with, don’t get me wrong. With that said, please do not think I’m bashing on it. The problems I’ve seen since the three days its been out is quite ridiculous considering from what I’ve been told by PR is that,”We do not currently have rules for gang coins yet.”... The problem with this, from what I’ve seem, is that I’ve seen people boosting off each other inside bases such as Gangster Zone, Guerre, and even Neo Zone. With that, theres also the 20 coins you earn by taking the flag, which shouldn’t even be a thing.. A single gang member can go off tag for the others to take the flag, and let everyone else in the original gang to take the flag, letting everyone else get the GC. Another problem arising, the fact that there are no competitive gangs are willing to recruit or open spots for others. There are ten bases. A max of 250 people at a time can be earning the 130 GC from sitting within the base (not including those that have ranks and are usually offline or bases controlling two bases at once).

Of that, my main issues are:
    •20 GC obtained from taking the base.

•Boosting kills within bases to earn GC.

p.s.
    450 as a GC cap seems perfect, I completely recommend that as the cap. As long as the GC caps contain:
    300 kills (300 GC)
    75 minutes controlling a base (150 GC)

Thank you )

A lot of people are basing now because of the new system. If it is made harder to obtain gang coins then this system will fail exactly like plasma is starting to fail now.. making things harder on graal won’t bring more players online to play graal for goals. Our server needs time to grow more and i just don’t see why making stuff harder will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    A lot of people are basing now because of the new system. If it is made harder to obtain gang coins then this system will fail exactly like plasma is starting to fail now.. making things harder on graal won’t bring more players online to play graal for goals. Our server needs time to grow more and i just don’t see why making stuff harder will fix the problem.
    As it stands, achieving the coins is one thing. Bringing more players to the game is a different topic. What I’m proposing is making RULES to a system, from what I said before, thats promoting pk boosting within empty bases(typically on EU time) and gangs using separate tags to earn the daily 20 GC. Basing may be more popular, but its promoting jail-able offenses, which is considered boosting stats and taking advantage of a system that does not have rules.

I respect your reply, but I cannot agree considering your only point towards my topic was,”If it is made harder to obtain gang coins then this system will fail exactly like plasma is starting to fail now.”

Issues concerning the release of a system that has no rules is what my issue is with Gang Coins.

The topic of whether it makes the game too difficult for players could be another time. If you would like my opinion on that, message me.

I’ve thought about the things you mentioned. I don’t believe it would be difficult to add anti-farm systems for kills, though it may be difficult to prevent what you mentioned about the daily 20. Honestly, one guy taking the base, and a whole gang retaking it would mean that they captured the base and probably all deserve those 20 coins. I mean, I’ll bring it up as a topic but I don’t feel that’s a major issue. It is a once per day thing as well, and the lowest cap by a considerable margin. I do agree that the 20 GC daily has some problems, but there are plans to make it more robust, it’s honestly meant to be the easiest cap to hit but turning out to be a fair bit harder than intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenzile View Post
    I’ve thought about the things you mentioned. I don’t believe it would be difficult to add anti-farm systems for kills, though it may be difficult to prevent what you mentioned about the daily 20. Honestly, one guy taking the base, and a whole gang retaking it would mean that they captured the base and probably all deserve those 20 coins. I mean, I’ll bring it up as a topic but I don’t feel that’s a major issue. It is a once per day thing as well, and the lowest cap by a considerable margin. I do agree that the 20 GC daily has some problems, but there are plans to make it more robust, it’s honestly meant to be the easiest cap to hit but turning out to be a fair bit harder than intended.
    You are correct, it is very difficult in terms of doing it in a legit way. But I’ve been in multiple gangs doing the things I’ve stated before. I agree with it being once a day, no biggie, but my only concern about that is that it takes roughly 23 days to obtain 10k GC, most people are not able to compete and or even take the base. With that said, they are missing 20 GC out of the daily pool.

If you say theres plans in the future to make it a little more efficient.. By all means I hope its soon!

This is a new system, and it’s been said that the team will make some changes in the upcoming weeks, I’m sure this will be handled soon. Honestly I think if a selected amount of PRs have the time, they should check on bases and see players who are boosting and restrict them from going to bases for x amount of time until there’s a solution to stop players from boosting gang coins. This could also be used for monitoring gangs who are taking using the “20 gc for each capture’ concept and just checking on gangs who are acting suspicious who are constantly switching tags.

I don't see any problems with 20 GC, skilled players can easily solo take over the base at least once per day, then they could join any gang to earn GC via kills and basing time

- - - Updated - - -

Ofcourse some player wouldn't be able to reach daily cap everyday, thats what makes this system competitive, you need to be skilled and have a good gang to earn more GC

IGN: SashaGryg/Skype: sashagrygprovych
    Ask for help and you will receive