6 33.33%
  • New

12 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Old GFX!

Newcomer

Bring Back Old GFX!

Hi,

In my personal opinion, I say that we bring back the old aesthetic tiles/NPC's from 2011/2012. What do you all think? Personally, I know those who have looked at the Era and have disengaged their interest from certain graphics. When these updates were implemented, I know a lot of players weren't fond.

Below are 2 comparison photos from old/new graphics. Please vote in the pole!

https://ibb.co/jHRjPXj
    https://ibb.co/CHPHrMg

Concerning your poll: could one not prefer old tiles over new tiles due to nostalgia but still believe graal should remain the way it is?

Quote Originally Posted by dos View Post
    Hi,

In my personal opinion, I say that we bring back the old aesthetic tiles/NPC's from 2011/2012. What do you all think? Personally, I know those who have looked at the Era and have disengaged their interest from certain graphics. When these updates were implemented, I know a lot of players weren't fond.

Below are 2 comparison photos from old/new graphics. Please vote in the pole!

https://ibb.co/jHRjPXj
    https://ibb.co/CHPHrMg
    This game will not get anywhere if improvements aren’t made. No one enjoys adjusting to new things, but I’m sure everyone still playing doesn’t mind too much.

Its the only for sure way to attract new players and remain visible to eyes looking for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newcomer
    I should have clarified. The poll pertains mostly to the tiles and the trees(which are NPC's in this case) over what's current. The first change that I remember was the road. Most didn't like it since it looked like clay, vice asphalt. We haven't seen what's in the old picture since around 2012/2013.

How light Era got is what bothers me. The trees hedges, and grass are too bright and just look off compared to the older setup(imo). This game was supposed to revolve around the mid, dull 20th century, but then turned into a bright modern-day look. Compare the app face with the actual game and you'll understand. Era is WAY too animated and fluffy these days, especially with people running around with weapons of mass destruction 500 years into the future while wearing butterfly wings.

If I were a new player, I can't say that I wouldn't be slightly confused. That's the difference maker for me.

Hmmm to be honest this is very subjective.

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    Hmmm to be honest this is very subjective.
    That's why there's a poll.

I'd like for people to start comparing apples to apples, but they have their eyes closed comparing apples to oranges. What I mean by that is there's an obvious visual representation of Era's roots, which isn't being focused on and is being lost. If we've come this far, then let's change the app icon and scrap the entire mobster ideology footprints left behind. It obviously doesn't line up.

Era in 2012 was totally fine, with some goofy items here and there. Now it seems like the norm.

Of course this brings us back to our concerns of Era losing players, which is why this thread exists. Leadership won't think ahead and take a long-term jump for good purpose.

I know that I ran off of the "tiles and trees" purpose, but I'm making a few points until someone gets it. Y'know, persuasion... I'm especially trying to take babysteps towards this. It's the small things that count.
    Last edited by dos; 07-30-2019 at 04:44 AM.

That's why there's a poll.

I'd like for people to start comparing apples to apples, but they have their eyes closed comparing apples to oranges. What I mean by that is there's an obvious visual representation of Era's roots, which isn't being focused on and is being lost. If we've come this far, then let's change the app icon and scrap the entire mobster ideology footprints left behind. It obviously doesn't line up.

Era in 2012 was totally fine, with some goofy items here and there. Now it seems like the norm.

Of course this brings us back to our concerns of Era losing players, which is why this thread exists. Leadership won't think ahead and take a long-term jump for good purpose.

I know that I ran off of the "tiles and trees" purpose, but I'm making a few points until someone gets it. Y'know, persuasion... I'm especially trying to take babysteps towards this. It's the small things that count.
    It’s probably my English, but I’m having a hard time understanding this. I don’t understand how, by changing the style of the game will also mean changing the focus of the game. That’s like saying that, a game like Super Mario shouldnt be what it is because it doesn’t look the same.

There has never been a center style for iEra, if anything there was a lack of skilled people back then and that’s why we had some goofy looking items (which I’m not complaining about because they are amazing and incredibly nostalgic.)

But once again, this is subjective, and I don’t personally think it will help us get more people to come and play our game, specially when your argument is mostly based on nostalgia (from what I get). If anything, updating graphics can be good for the game at times, as some of them were very old and not necessarily impressive to new players.

Sorry if I’m getting your idea wrong, like I said, it’s just a bit confusing.

- - - Updated - - -

I should have clarified. The poll pertains mostly to the tiles and the trees(which are NPC's in this case) over what's current. The first change that I remember was the road. Most didn't like it since it looked like clay, vice asphalt. We haven't seen what's in the old picture since around 2012/2013.

How light Era got is what bothers me. The trees hedges, and grass are too bright and just look off compared to the older setup(imo). This game was supposed to revolve around the mid, dull 20th century, but then turned into a bright modern-day look. Compare the app face with the actual game and you'll understand. Era is WAY too animated and fluffy these days, especially with people running around with weapons of mass destruction 500 years into the future while wearing butterfly wings.

If I were a new player, I can't say that I wouldn't be slightly confused. That's the difference maker for me.

Also some of this info is false, this game was originally made to be based on 3 eras, present, past, and future. Hence the name “Graal Era.”

Well in all honestly the reason you like the older gfx might just be due to a nostalgia factor. In order for era to improve in needs to keep evolving or we'd be sitting around playing 2-bit pixel games that are decades out of date. The implementation of Plasma Corp and all its' unique graphics is a perfect example of what keeps helping the game improve. Sure we still have many of the same tiles and NPCs, hell even our customs are basically the same excluding some exclusive heads. But the addition of improved graphics is a healthy change for the game, at least, that's my opinion.

The old GFX is really cool sometimes but don't forget that we still have a lot of shops containing hats/items that have been here since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Oligarch View Post
    Well in all honestly the reason you like the older gfx might just be due to a nostalgia factor. In order for era to improve in needs to keep evolving or we'd be sitting around playing 2-bit pixel games that are decades out of date. The implementation of Plasma Corp and all its' unique graphics is a perfect example of what keeps helping the game improve. Sure we still have many of the same tiles and NPCs, hell even our customs are basically the same excluding some exclusive heads. But the addition of improved graphics is a healthy change for the game, at least, that's my opinion.
    ^^^ This

Nostalgia is nice, but it can only make one smile for so long.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".