Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GST 2019 Reschedule

GST 2019 Reschedule

The purpose of this thread is to encourage the Era staff team to revert the date of the gst back to this Saturday. The date change came at short notice and many teams do not have enough time to make accommodations. Many of the players have lives outside of graal and have already made plans for next week, while simultaneously ensuring that they had free time this week. Yes, the flags and brackets have been delayed but I’m sure the staff team can get everything situated in the next 5 days. As for the brackets, we could just use the bracket system that we’ve been using since 2016. We understand that not enough gangs actually qualified but, with pivot master being given an invite, the gst can have a functional bracket. Due to work and school many players cannot play whenever they want to, I’m sure that a majority of gangs will be losing players due to the schedule change. Not having flags will not be the end of the world, as the focal point of GST is the actual tournament.

With the new date, the following teams refuse to play because they can’t make it.
    Freeze
    Broken Myth
    Chongs
    Megorb

Gangs that are affected(that we know about)
    Unlucky
    Anthem
    Boba
    Ascend
    Tryharderr

If there’s no possible way to get the date changed back to it’s original time, please say so as it’s only 5 days away

Keep the gst on the 10th. The staff announced it would most likely be on the 10th so thats what everybody planned for. If 4 gangs can’t play then why even host the event? As knuckles mentioned, forget the flags what matters most is the actual tournamen

I agree im in tryharderr and me and alot of members ask for work off this day to participate in gst. Now alot cant due to the date change
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

Have Any Graal Related Questions? Ask me
    2010-2021

GST Flags are irrelevant at this point. How are you supposed to host a tournament with 9 teams in it? Keep the date, please. You have #1 and #2 seeds out due to the change of date. Five days prior notice isn’t enough at all. We have work, college, school, vacations.

The date change was unexpected since GST was suppose to be this week. Most people had to change around their plans and schedule off from work in order to participate. A lot of the work for the event was unfinished and the date was never finalized in the first place so it’s understandable why the change was done but no one thought it was going to be changed this close to the original date. If the 17th is final then it’s final. Nothing we can really do about it other than accept it, but if there’s a chance the date can be reverted back to the 10th then let the teams know. We are ready to participate on the 10th, all we need is to see the brackets. Flags are cool but it shouldn’t cause a week delay.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

Honestly, GST flags are completely irrelevant. Some may say they are used to support their favorite team, but why can't they say in the overhead, "Go (insert team)!". As well, for the brackets, we should stick with the current system from 2016. Below, is a prediction of the brackets for this tournament using the system from 2016:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/53f9Atk

If you use this system, the brackets shouldn't even be a problem.

People have lives outside of Graal, as well, we got a late warning about the change in the tournament date, how could we possibly re-schedule everything just to participate in a tournament. Changing the date would just result in less teams playing, what will you do then? Pull #12, #13, #14, or #15 in BB/GS? This tournament will just be a joke. Brackets will become easier, people will earn rewards for HAVING and easy bracket, for example: TryHarderr, last year they got an easy bracket, they just got lucky Curse got caught cheating and moved to 3rd place.

The GST date change will affect the majority of the gangs participating in the tournament, we already made schedule changes in real life for this tournament, don't make us do it again.

Here’s the thing, a lot of players don’t even have the chance to reschedule again. We have things to do outside of Graal. Hoyt said August 10th was the date but changes could be done. There was no contact from staff at all for a month, no replies, and they change the date 5 days before the event and we are supposed to suck it up?

A flag shouldn’t delay this event at all.

August 10th

It’s simply unrealistic to think that on five days notice, 16 teams with 12 members each (192 people) can all be expected to shift their schedules like this. With work, sometimes it’s hard enough to get ONE Saturday off, let alone two. I know for me, at my job it’s too late to even get next Saturday off at this point. And that is not even counting other outside factors such as school, and also family events/plans etc., that were likely pushed back so that players could be free on the 10th. There will be atleast four gangs that can’t parricipate in GST, so I don’t see how there can be a functional tournament. The two problems at hand are the flags and the rosters.

1. For the flags, they are not important at all, and are not needed. BUT, there is an extremely easy fix for this issue. Just use the same model as 2017, where the flags have the leader’s head, and the gang name above it. Problem solved, that would likely take less than one hour to do for all of the teams.

2. With GST being on August 10th (or so we thought) every team has already selected their main roster and subs. No extra time is needed, just make the deadline something like August 7th for player IDs for the finalized rosters. It would not take more than two days for all gang leaders to submit this.

If GST is on August 17th, it will be an absolute mess. I know there are delays, but these issues can be fixed rather easily within the timeframe of now until August 10th without ruining the entire tournament.

They clearly stated on the thread that the date could potentially be changed. I can’t believe no one expected this to happen despite the lack of flag submissions or even brackets being ready five days before the event. If you can’t attend, you can’t attend. It’s just a game anyways.
    Who closes the door when the bus driver gets out?
    Is water wet?
    What color is a mirror?
    Can god make a rock so heavy he cant lift it?
    Do you exist? How do you know?

Are you being fr right now? Changing the date FIVE days before GST? How is that even correct? We know its a game but we’ve all spent a decent amount of time playing it and getting ready for the tournament; I’m not just gonna accept it and make that time I spent a waste.