Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GST 2019 - Schedule, brackets, and more

Big Boss

Post GST 2019 - Schedule, brackets, and more

Updates August 15
    "Chongs" has been renamed to "Yup"
    "tkerthS" has been renamed to "Pivot Master"
    "Hamrolls" was a practice gang. There was not another close contender. Their spot will be vacant.

Schedule
    GST is being pushed back 1 week, to Saturday, August 17th. It is scheduled for 5 PM GMT +1 (London Time). That is Noon EST, 9 AM PST. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen issues we were not able to host GST during the original time we had planned.

Map
    The internal layout of the GST arena has been updated this year. There is a warp in the Multiplex building to a copy of the map that you can check out.

Additional Info
    Curse was disqualified last year after winning GST, and its members at the time were not allowed to participate this year. Since the top 4 gangs from the previous year automatically qualify, that left us with an open spot in the roster. The 7th place Base Battle team from this year has more than twice the points of the 7th place gang spar team, so they will be taking the final spot.

The gang "Unlucky Wins" changed its name to "Unlucky" while qualifying, and is in the rankings twice. The gang "Unlucky" will be in the 4th ranked gang spar position.

Brackets
    The qualified teams are listed below. The top 3 teams from last year are seeded highest, with the base battle and gang spar ranks alternating after that.

Auto Qualified Gangs:
    1. Freeze
    2. Broken Myth
    3. TryHarderr

Base Battle:
    1. Anthem
    2. Boba
    3. Meg0rb
    4. OnGuard
    5. Maelstrom
    6. Ascend
    7. Pivot Master (was tkerthS)

Gang Spar:
    1. Yup (was Chongs)
    2. Real Savages
    3. RatHood
    4. Unlucky
    5. XerusGST
    6. Hamrolls (Withdrawn, was a practice team)

Here are the final brackets:
    GST Brackets

These will be the first matches:

1. Freeze - Pivot Master
    2. RatHood vs Meg0rb
    3. Yup vs Maelstrom
    4. Anthem vs XerusGST

5. Broken Myth vs Ascend
    6. Boba vs Unlucky
    7. TryHarderr vs -
    8. Real Savages vs OnGuard

GST DATE
    The GST will be held on the 17th of August - 5PM GMT + 1 (London Time).

To check when the GST is for you, use: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ and select 5 PM London time on the left, and your location on the right.

Flags
    We will once again have purchasable flags that players may buy and use to to show support for their favorite GST team.
    Gangs will be able to create their own flags again this year. The flags must follow these rules:
    1. The flag must fit the flag template. The flag must be contained within this image, the only thing that is allowed to be edited is the rectangle highlighted in white. The image may not be resized.
    2. The flag must be appropriate. No vulgar or offensive images or text allowed, and no copyrighted material.
    3. The flag must contain the gang name in clear and well sized format.

The deadline for sending your flag is the 13th of August. If you fail to submit your flag by this date, you will be given a default flag, which is a basic flag with gang name and leader's head. Jeff will contact the gang leaders to work out flag submissions.

Flag template:

Rosters
    Please note - the final team rosters must be sent by the 13th of August at the latest. The roster must include 12 members, and a maximum of 4 substitutes. Submit the Graal IDs of your members, or specify their current name in the gang (this must be the name they use for GST). Jeff will be contacting gang leaders to work out the gang roster submissions.

GST Rewards:
    1st: Hat (protects against gas), choice of custom melee or custom MPX gun skin, custom hideout (3 levels), 1st place trophy, 30 EC extra PER member.
    2nd: Hat (doesn't protect against gas), 2nd place trophy, 25 EC extra PER member.
    3rd: 3rd place trophy, 20 EC extra PER member.
    Last edited by Hoyt; 08-15-2019 at 03:20 PM.

I’m pretty sure Hamrolls is Tetris/Unlucky. I’d give their spot to pivot master instead.

Prob should replace hamrolls w pivot master or sacred since it’s just a subtag

Petition to switch it back to the old date
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

Have Any Graal Related Questions? Ask me
    2010-2021

Can you add animations to the flag as long as they stay within the outline?
    Who closes the door when the bus driver gets out?
    Is water wet?
    What color is a mirror?
    Can god make a rock so heavy he cant lift it?
    Do you exist? How do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon123 View Post
    Petition to switch it back to the old date
    If there were technical difficulties, then there isn't much we can do, lad.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

They will discount me one day from work but it will be worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Fargan View Post
    They will discount me one day from work but it will be worth it
    *date changes again*
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Big Boss
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    If there were technical difficulties, then there isn't much we can do, lad.
    We have been working to move Era over to a new, upgraded server. When we moved Ol' West over to its new server there were several serious issues that we had to fix before the server was working normally again, some that we didn't realize right away. I was not comfortable hosting GST around 8 hours after we were scheduled to move Era to the new server, so I felt it was best to delay it. It isn't something that I wanted to do but we have had serious problems with GST in the past due to server issues and it was not something I wanted to face again. Fingers crossed that we have worked out most of the new bugs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt View Post
    We have been working to move Era over to a new, upgraded server. When we moved Ol' West over to its new server there were several serious issues that we had to fix before the server was working normally again, some that we didn't realize right away. I was not comfortable hosting GST around 8 hours after we were scheduled to move Era to the new server, so I felt it was best to delay it. It isn't something that I wanted to do but we have had serious problems with GST in the past due to server issues and it was not something I wanted to face again. Fingers crossed that we have worked out most of the new bugs now.
    Finally a new server. Yesss

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today