View Poll Results: How should we handle gun repairs?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove the mineral requirement

3 23.08%
  • Remove gun repairs entirely

7 53.85%
  • Leave it unchanged

3 23.08%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The purpose of gun repairs

Exclamation The purpose of gun repairs

Here's a topic that surely won't get ignored by devs...

Everyone knows deep down that gun repairs are a dated mechanic from the Era of old. Here's a couple reasons why gun repairs should be scrapped in favor of guns always performing at 100%.

Preface:
    As you may know, after a while guns start to break down and lose damage off of their total.
    The way it currently works is that when guns are perfect, they deal the maximum damage. After a week or two the damage falls off.

The Problem:
    This "Feature" encourages players to either:

1. Work in the mines all the time so you can top off your weapons as to make them perform their best.

2. Purchase a V.I.P subscription to repair all their guns for the duration of their subscription.

None of these features are ideal for most players, as the sheer clunky-ness of mining on Era, as well as its slow returns at earlier levels makes obtaining the required minerals frustrating.
    To add, not everyone tolerates being forced into buying a V.I.P subscription every single month just for ideal weapon performance.

The Solution:
    1. (Assuming you want to keep the repair feature to make purchasing V.I.P worth it)
    Remove the prerequisite of minerals for fixing weapons. In-universe and for ease of use, it doesn't make sense that players be forced into the mining job specifically to fix their weapons.
    In a game where players can choose whichever job they prefer to make money, being forced into a mining activity each time your weapons aren't performing is frustrating.

I suggest releasing a gun repair store somewhere accessible near start where you only need to pay Gralats to repair your weapons. No minerals, no shells, nothing but money.
    You simply click the table, select any weapon from your inventory to repair them. This way, every building used for weapons repairs can be assimilated into one easily accessible area.

2. (Assuming you want to scrap the repair feature entirely, great!)
    Remove the gun repair hindrance to improve ease of life for all players. Let's face it, nobody wants to go repair their guns every week.
    By making guns perform at their best all the time, damage will be consistent across all players. Unless I'm wrong, this will affect basing and spar. (Perhaps guns are already perfect in these areas, in which case, why not everywhere??)

Now a new problem arises, most revenue from V.I.P will probably dry up since the incentive to purchase it to repair all weapons will disappear.
    Here's my pitch for a new V.I.P feature: exclusive access to some free gun skins. They don't need to be created for each month, but having them exclusive to months would incentivize players buying it.

Spoiler
    If you want to get crazy with it, V.I.P could include one free hat, a free gun skin collection and the V.I.P item every month.
    This way, one single gun skin could be available for the most popular weapons (I'm guessing AK-47, Neo-Rifle, M4, Shipka, PBP, BAR, Minigun) Every month or two.

Final Words/TLDR:

Gun repairs are an archaic feature of Era's past. In a modern Era where player choice is incentivized, it doesn't make sense that minerals be required to repair weapons.

Either:

• Remove the requisite of minerals to repair weapons
    • Create a gun repair center for all repairs to be done at the same place.

or

• Scrap the gun repair system altogether to make player's lives easier.
    • To make V.I.P still worth buying, put your efforts into making a couple exclusive gun skins once month or so.

Thank you for reading, hopefully this made you think about gun repairs for once, cause I know for a fact you forgot about your rusty BAR.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Or just remove the feature
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Or just remove the feature :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeze View Post
    • Scrap the gun repair system altogether to make player's lives easier.
    • To make V.I.P still worth buying, put your efforts into making a couple exclusive gun skins once month or so.
    Sometimes I wonder why I even put TL:DRs...

Sometimes I wonder why I even put TLRs...
    Something wrong in picking one of the two options provided?

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Something wrong in picking one of the two options provided?
    I want to hear your thoughts down here

I want to hear your thoughts down here
    Aye man that's why I'm here

Levels Team
    For what you said about giving a hat, they could give one of the weekly shop to the V.I.P. so less work for the staff
    “No hagas hoy lo que puedas dejar de hacer también mañana.”
    -Fernando Pessoa

"Don't do today what you can stop doing tomorrow too."
    -Fernando Pessoa

This is a pretty cool idea, but repairing your gun can be easily done by finding a trader who sells minerals, it encourages players to sell their minerals or start searching for players in the trade tables, simply buying the repairs for your gun just sounds too simple. I also believe adding a free gun skin won’t attract a lot of players to buy VIP, because right now a majority of players are mainly look at the ultimated revive, free gun repairs and speed boost, but it would be a great addition to at least attract a couple of players, but another problem rises, what happens to players that don’t have the gun? It should include everyone, even new players.

I snatched this from Aereos V.
    But for the free hat, I think its fabulous idea to add to vip, who knows? Maybe if there was a small contest to see which players can make a hat for VIP might interest players.

I disagree with your statement that it makes players more resourceful by forcing them to look for minerals in trade.
    Nobody should have to sit in the mines or at trade tables just for their weapon to do max damage
    We need to streamline gun repairs for ease of life for every player that uses a gun on Era, so I would assume everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Zysoss View Post
    This is a pretty cool idea, but repairing your gun can be easily done by finding a trader who sells minerals, it encourages players to sell their minerals or start searching for players in the trade tables, simply buying the repairs for your gun just sounds too simple. I also believe adding a free gun skin won’t attract a lot of players to buy VIP, because right now a majority of players are mainly look at the ultimated revive, free gun repairs and speed boost, but it would be a great addition to at least attract a couple of players, but another problem rises, what happens to players that don’t have the gun? It should include everyone, even new players.

I snatched this from Aereos V.
    But for the free hat, I think its fabulous idea to add to vip, who knows? Maybe if there was a small contest to see which players can make a hat for VIP might interest players.
    I agree but he does have a good point on the topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk