Thread: Macro detection (Mining)

Drill Macro detection (Mining)

Due to my paranoia from my false macro mining jail I got a week ago I wanted to share a few ideas I had that admins could go about making sure the person they are jailing is actually a macro or not.

Idea 1: Give admins a command to force a mine collapse on the target player. The admin could watch how the player reacts since most macros are just simple auto clickers.

Idea 2: Warp the player to a completely different environment e.g the ocean. Again to see how the player reacts to the sudden change and if they continue auto clicking.

Idea 3: Try and talk to the player. This can also be added to ideas 1 and 2 to help prove if the player is actually macroing or not.

Just a few rough ideas I am sure players wouldn't mind going through if it meant avoiding being falsely banned. Admins should also consider that mining is quite an afkable skill and players usually multitask while mining such as watching youtube or tv for example. I myself mine while on PC since all I have to do is hold down space bar and switch sides every 30ish seconds. In my case I actually watched as I got jailed not even knowing why which also unfortunately resulted in my 11k rocks being confiscated from my account. Even if none of these ideas are of any use I hope that it at least gets the point across that admins shouldn't be careless when jailing somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by DistantCx View Post
    Due to my paranoia from my false macro mining jail I got a week ago I wanted to share a few ideas I had that admins could go about making sure the person they are jailing is actually a macro or not.

Idea 1: Give admins a command to force a mine collapse on the target player. The admin could watch how the player reacts since most macros are just simple auto clickers.

Idea 2: Warp the player to a completely different environment e.g the ocean. Again to see how the player reacts to the sudden change and if they continue auto clicking.

Idea 3: Try and talk to the player. This can also be added to ideas 1 and 2 to help prove if the player is actually macroing or not.

Just a few rough ideas I am sure players wouldn't mind going through if it meant avoiding being falsely banned. Admins should also consider that mining is quite an afkable skill and players usually multitask while mining such as watching youtube or tv for example. I myself mine while on PC since all I have to do is hold down space bar and switch sides every 30ish seconds. In my case I actually watched as I got jailed not even knowing why which also unfortunately resulted in my 11k rocks being confiscated from my account. Even if none of these ideas are of any use I hope that it at least gets the point across that admins shouldn't be careless when jailing somebody.
    Like confirmation measures? I agree.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Well, some staff already do this, but most of them don't even bother checking

This problem has been already solved, by making the "Nothing to Mine Here" script when you finish breaking rocks, which makes auto-clicking hard, most likely impossible. The mine collapsing is just "extra protection" to reduce macro. Warping players to other levels after a while in mining is a bad idea because if someone is actually there and not using the macro programs, this could be annoying to that player returning to his/her mining spot. And there is no staff in every mine level to check 24/7 if there is a player who is cheating or not. That is a player's job to do, and if you see someone who you think is using macro programs just report them.
    {هُنَالِكَ الْوَلَايَةُ لِلَّهِ الْحَقِّ ۚ هُوَ خَيْرٌ ثَوَابًا وَخَيْرٌ عُقْبًا}

{إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا}

Quote Originally Posted by Mean View Post
    This problem has been already solved, by making the "Nothing to Mine Here" script when you finish breaking rocks, which makes auto-clicking hard, most likely impossible.
    Not true it’s very easy to change your mining spot

Quote Originally Posted by Mean View Post
    Warping players to other levels after a while in mining is a bad idea because if someone is actually there and not using the macro programs, this could be annoying to that player returning to his/her mining spot. .
    I know I would rather have to walk 2 mins back to my mining spot then being false jailed for 5 hours and 11k rocks taken off my account and I feel literally anyone else would also.

Quote Originally Posted by DistantCx View Post
    I know I would rather have to walk 2 mins back to my mining spot then being false jailed for 5 hours and 11k rocks taken off my account and I feel literally anyone else would also.
    You do have a point there, anyways, good luck!
    {هُنَالِكَ الْوَلَايَةُ لِلَّهِ الْحَقِّ ۚ هُوَ خَيْرٌ ثَوَابًا وَخَيْرٌ عُقْبًا}

{إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا}